Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:32 AM
Default What should I NOT combine
Yo. Just a quick question regarding combining custom content packages.

What stuff should I not merge? I've heard mods/hacks and patterns shouldn't be combined, but is there anything else I should look out for? I'm new to combining stuff.
Also as a bonus, any tips for organizing and combining?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a thread where it was (granted I am not the greatest at finding things)
Thankies
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:20 AM
Anything that you're not certain about, especially if you have anything that is very old, I usually don't combine the packages in case I need to remove them quickly. And I usually keep a copy of everything I've combined for this purpose also.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:19 AM
I don't combine game changing mods like nraas or any script mods. Instead I combine packages for build/buy items and CAS. I also combine default replacements, though I'm not sure if that has any negative effects.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Theorist
#4 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:06 AM
You can combine almost anything. I do, and never had a problem. Error Trap is an exception.
And a tip: Combine a copy of your CC. Keep the original on your harddrive so that you can add and remove stuff from it.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:08 AM
I combine everything but not nraas mastercontroller, errortrap and overwatch aside from lots, worlds and some patterns.
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:18 PM
I don't combine anything that I'm testing out, obviously, or anything that may need updating at some point. Nor anything that I may have to temporarily remove. I usually combine all clothing and hairs, but only after I'm certain they work properly and that I want to keep them. I also understand that you shouldn't combine Store items.

There are also things like pose packs and certain items of cc that I only want when I'm working on a story update, I keep those in separate folders and, when not in use, I move them to my desk top. If the pose packs came with screen shots I like to keep those for reference.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:44 PM
I know you shouldn't combine (CC) counters. But I've combined most of Nraas stuff (not Errortrap, though) and even Store clothes, and those haven't caused any issues in my game, so far.
Alchemist
#8 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I also understand that you shouldn't combine Store items.

I have some of my bought store items in package format due to not wanting the whole sets in my game or some other varying reasons and those store items are merged, working just fine.