Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:23 PM
Default Your most favored neighborhood and the neighbors within
I know you probably play a favorite neighborhood because of some reason, which you can state, but I want to know more about the neighborhood and the inhabitants.

I chose Newcrest and so far, 4 households are moved in.

In a rather large lot, lives my simself, Kymchee (her name is derived from a nickname I gained from constant studying. Best not to ask.) and her boyfriend Benny Olsen.

Next door, are 3 astrophysicists and members of the Planetary Society, simselves of Bill Nye, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku. Bill used to live with a Kymchee, they were married until she broke up with Bill to be with Benny Olsen. However, Kymchee 1 died from starvation and the current Kymchee is Kymchee 2, so it will be a blank slate if Bill and Kymchee 2 meet.

Across the street, lived the Gundam Wing rebel pilots, Heero Yuy, Duo Maxwell, Trowa Barton, Quatre Raberba Winner and Wufei Chang. They are currently building skills to get jobs outside piloting robots.

Across the street, (This is a 3-way intersection) live the Takenouchi Brothers. A miracle of septuplets (7 children at once), they are adjusting to life after high school and picked up a cute orange Japanese Bobtail named Esper who will snuggle herself next to you when she knows you're feeling bad. (She can also speak the human language, but I will reserve that for a story) The brothers, from eldest to baby are Aka, Daidai, Ki, Midori, Ao, Nokon and Murasaki and currently are working toward advancing socially. Ki and Murasaki have a certain appeal women go crazy for.

Either way, I might do more neighborhoods when I can.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:02 AM
I actually like Winderburg the best because of it's mysterious medieval buildings and ruins, snowy backdrops and the area beginning so green, plenty of fishing places, great spot for collectors, and for many it's premades.

Newcrest is nice due to its open spaces of parklands, but you might as well also like Willow Creek equally because it uses the exact same textures, skylines and backdrops.
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:32 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing, Citysim.

I'm always partial to Willow Creek because it reminds me a little of the map from TS1. In my current save, I bulldozed every lot in Willow Creek and rebuilt it from the ground up. I still have some of the community lots to finish, but, frankly, I don't travel to community lots often in my games so I don't bother with them much.

I really enjoy the aesthetic of Brindleton Bay, but I haven't played there much yet. My legacy going on right now is hesitant to pack up and move from their family home in Willow Creek.
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:14 AM
Magnolia Promenade is much the same as those two also, which is disappointing really considering this world was part of an EP, and with only 4 lots and reused textures they might of well of not given us this world at all.
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:05 PM
I was playing in every world, except for the vampires one.. [I don't find playing in the dark any fun (with a few exceptions.. )]

I think my most favorite world would be Willow Creek, most favorite neighborhood would be Courtyard Lane
I liked the river boat (if that's how it called) that you can hear it's horn when it's passing by on the river..

I also loved playing on the Island of Windenburg, it was such an amazing feel..
maybe it's because I used to live by the sea in real life for most of my life, I love the watery scenes in the game for the most.

as for my sims neighbors, since I'm playing for so long on this save, (huge legacy, lost counting) and I'm changing the lifespan settings all the time
they are all new generated sims, none of them is a pre-made..

Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:58 PM
I think my favourite neighbourhoods are San Myshuno and Windenburg. I always always send sims out in Windenburg, but I always start my games in San Myshuno. I dislike the vast majority of the townies that come pre-housed, but a few make for interesting dynamics.

I always keep the Karaoke House (can't remember their surname but they all love karaoke). Darling Walsh is a HUGE favourite of mine since she randomly became pregnant with twins in one of my games. I just love her character's design and uniqueness, and while I strongly dislike Akira and Miko, I let them live there since it makes sense to.

I also like the Partihaus gang, and the two DJs Joaquin and Sergio Romeo. I keep them because they inevitably date half the female sims in the game and they make cute kids.

I also always keep (and love) all my vampires. Count Vlad gets a makeover (and is moderately handsome when done), and I only update the hair and clothes on the the other two. I love Caleb's Twilight-inspired emo-boy-with-a-heart-of-gold character, and his sister is equally interesting though not as fun to play. They're definitely favourites.
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 7:56 PM
I use (d) to play rotational, one or two households in each neighbourhood,but I have the happiest sim-memories in Willow Creek ♥ I have created six or seven families who is in the game most of the time,two of them being "clans" rather than families. (I dont do Legacy,but a light-version of it without the actual rules.)
I love the apartments in San Myshuno spice district,not so much the world itself .I find the festivals clutter it up to much and townies there dress awful,but apartments are more fun to decorate,so that I do. I have kept many of the original Maxis-houses and sims bc I like to do make-overs and cheat up sims skill-levels, but I dont play these sims much,I just like to have them around as neighburs/friends and workmates. Mostly I play my imaginary self-sim household (two adults,a teen and a dog) and their closest friends and neighbours (careers,dinner-parties etc). I do try to come up with a background-story for each sim and give them descent housing,careers and clothes,and then just forget about them,lol. I like how Willow Creek,Newcrest and MagnoliaP connects visually,that way you can play the entire area like one world. I imagine San Mushyno is city backdrop seen from Newcrest,so the city fits in,but its harder to place Windenburg, Forgotten Hollow and Brindleton Bay in that scenario. It actually annoys me ! What I realise as I write this,is that I play most of the game in my head,trying to figure out a "greater picture",lol. (... and pardon my stuttering english,I have a migraine.)

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "