Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2018 at 5:45 PM
Default Many questions about my World
Hello everyone!
I don't know, weather I am posting this in the right place, sorry if not. I am new here.
I have "created" (not really) a fantasy World for ts3. As I did not get along well with the street building tool in caw, I used the emptied Landscape and streetnet of riverview and then added trees and objects. as caw crushed very often I installed the world soon to build buildings and population in the game. So I only have the world filled with houses and people as a savegame file.

Question 1: Is there a more or less easy way to turn it into a real city like sunset Valley?

In my fantasyworld the witchchildren obviously go to hogwarts. But I am not quiet happy with other species going there as Well.

Question 2: Can I have two or three schools and set who goes where?

Question 3: I have used many, many mods which I downloaded here but also houses and patterns from the official exchange. Am I still allowed to upload the World here? Because I am superproud and I would love to share it!

The game keeps on creating own sims I guess because I do not have enough characters of my own yet. Some of them have houses and names, which is alright as long as they don't take my favorite House. But some of them have weird files names that start with riverview and no homes.

Questions 4: Can I make the game stop creating homeless sims with weird names?

Thanks alot already!!!
Pucko
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pucko
Question 1: Is there a more or less easy way to turn it into a real city like sunset Valley?

In what way do you want your world to be like Sunset Valley? If you wanted to, you could edit Sunset Valley itself.

Question 2: Can I have two or three schools and set who goes where?

Yes, if you place more than one school sims will choose to go to the nearest. If you want to control this more, for example by choosing which school a sim attends, you'd need a mod such as the NRaas careers mod (did I get that one right @Igazor ?)

Question 3: I have used many, many mods which I downloaded here but also houses and patterns from the official exchange. Am I still allowed to upload the World here? Because I am superproud and I would love to share it!

Yes, but you must comply by the creator's terms of use. So if they say you cannot include their mod/ house/ pattern in your upload, you'll have to leave it out and instead give people a link to where they can get it for themselves.

Questions 4: Can I make the game stop creating homeless sims with weird names?

Yes, but you need a mod to do this such as NRaas Story Progression. (@Igazor ...?)

Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2018 at 8:20 PM
Question 2: Script mods are required to control who gets to register for which school when there are more than one and you want something more interesting than sims automatically selecting the closest one to their home. The most common scenario to arrange is by age, with some schools being elementary and some high schools. But other criteria can be used instead, anything that is reachable by way of SP castes. The NRaas mods required to arrange this are StoryProgression and GoHere (together), not the Careers mod. What the Careers mod with its Schools add-on allow for is sims being able to attend specialty (private) schools that convene at other rabbit holes in town such as the Military lot or the Science Center that build special skills for those attending, but that's not the same thing as managing multiple public school lots.

See the last FAQ on this page for an example using the age castes, but others can be substituted as desired: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryPr...loyment#Schools

But this is really an ongoing gameplay feature, I don't believe it's one that can be controlled during a world's design phase with the intention of others being able to use it exactly as arranged by the world's developer.

Question 4: Yes, SP is the mod that can be used to control the names that sims are assigned. But this sounds more like some sort of strange world design issue than an in-game one if sims are picking up names with the name of the world in them.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NAMING+SIMS
Scholar
#4 Old 28th May 2018 at 12:05 AM
Question 4: When I used Riverview CAW files as the base to create a neighborhood/world, I had this problem as well until I changed the world ID number as well as the name. There are tutorials here on MTS about how to change the world ID. Or, you could do an Internet search. It wasn't too difficult as I recall. Good luck with your project!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2018 at 5:49 PM
Thank you for your reply. When I said I wanted myworld to be a real world like sunset Valley, I meant I wanted it to be listed with the other worlds in the main menu, WITH buildings and sims, which I added in Game. Basically I want to turn a savegame file into a worldfile somehow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Question 2: Script mods are required to control who gets to register for which school when there are more than one and you want something more interesting than sims automatically selecting the closest one to their home. The most common scenario to arrange is by age, with some schools being elementary and some high schools. But other criteria can be used instead, anything that is reachable by way of SP castes. The NRaas mods required to arrange this are StoryProgression and GoHere (together), not the Careers mod. What the Careers mod with its Schools add-on allow for is sims being able to attend specialty (private) schools that convene at other rabbit holes in town such as the Military lot or the Science Center that build special skills for those attending, but that's not the same thing as managing multiple public school lots.
I just checked the GoHere Mod out. but Nraas writes on its website, that the Mod causes problems if you use the llama transportation and based on its skript, I created a floo network (sims teleport through their chimneys) I do not want to undo it. but the possibility with the careers mod, does not sound bad. I might just make Hogwarts a privat school. but i bet ther is no way, I can set, that wiches automatically send their kids to that privet school, is there? Anyway, Ill just set it for each kid and repeat it, whenever I notice another wichkid visiting the wrong school. Thank you.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:48 PM
Basically I want to turn a savegame file into a worldfile somehow.

This is possible, but it requires some fiddly stuff with S3PE.

We have some discussion about it here on MTS somewhere, but the best tutorial I found was from a now defunct site called SimThis. I saved it and uploiaded it here:
http://simfileshare.net/download/385218/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:39 AM
I just checked the GoHere Mod out. but Nraas writes on its website, that the Mod causes problems if you use the llama transportation and based on its skript, I created a floo network (sims teleport through their chimneys) I do not want to undo it. but the possibility with the careers mod, does not sound bad. I might just make Hogwarts a privat school. but i bet ther is no way, I can set, that wiches automatically send their kids to that privet school, is there? Anyway, Ill just set it for each kid and repeat it, whenever I notice another wichkid visiting the wrong school. Thank you.

Correct on all counts. GoHere is required in order for SP to honor Lot Options caste restrictions like this and yes, GoHere and the LLAMA transport booths hate each other with a burning passion -- even one booth in a world will cause problems, which always seems strange because one single booth alone cannot be used to transport anywhere, and networks of them would be worse.

What you could do without GoHere is to use the Careers mod's specialty schools and design/find some rabbithole shells or buildings with rabbithole rugs to look like the private schools you had in mind but really be Community Theaters, Science Centers, Military, etc. with or without additional instances of those rabbithole types elsewhere for those needing the buildings for careers and other purposes. Then SP could manage who gets auto-enrolled at such schools. But it would likely be far simpler to just manage the enrollment manually throughout gameplay by sim as you said regardless of which types of schools you are using.