Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:27 PM
Default Does anyone know what this mod is?
I really have no idea where to post this, but
One day one of those random-letter-number named package files appeared in my downloads folder. Since I noticed it after I packed up a lot and installed it in my game, I thought it was something the lot had, even though I didn't use CC when making it. I renamed it "WhatsThis" and today I did a hack conflict check, and it makes a lot of conflicts with the phonehack from Ffs (I think? The person who made director's cut)
Does anyone know what this might be and if I should get rid of it?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:35 PM
It could be another copy of the same hack, or a different mod which affects phones. Either way, if you don't know what it is, you don't know what it does- so delete it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:56 PM
Random-string files usually come from house downloads, and most are mailbox/trashcan recolors, various other recolors that the game renames (for some reason), and occasionally mods or modded objects.

You can take a look at it in SimPE or Clean Installer to see if you can figure out what it is. If you can't, it's safest to remove it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:50 PM
Didn't one of the older phone mods pack itself up with lots? Probably something like that. Anyway, delete it is what I'd do too. 'Bugger off you'

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:50 PM
It came with a lot you made and packaged yourself? (Rather than a lot you downloaded.) In that case I think it must be a copy of something in your game already. From what you say, I think it might be a copy of the Phone Hack. Can you compare it with the Phone Hack to see if they're the same?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:59 PM
Open it in simpe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#7 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 8:30 PM
if sims2pack files are installed with Clean Installer, filenames would correspond to what that program shows.
the Maxis-made installer; filenames would be some hexadecimal number.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 10:17 PM
Any lot you package in a game with hacks in it has a chance of packaging some of the hacks, too. To get rid of them, package the lot, move your Downloads folder somewhere else temporarily, clean-install the packaged lot without any of the extra hacks that hitched a ride, and then repackage the lot from within your now CC-free game. Or just build and package the lot in a CC-free environment in the first place.