Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:05 AM
Default The Sims 5 Ideas & Discussion!
Hi guys! So the Sims 5 is a long way off if it happens at all, but since there's been talk about it, I figure we might as well let everyone know what we want! The earlier we tell them the easier it will be to implement into the game

Here's some ideas that I've had, along with some requests that I see a lot. I think most are very doable.

1) Some kind of romantic aspect. Whether it's turn ons and offs, a chemistry system based on traits, or something completely new, I REALLY want to see some sort of romance system in place. Right now romance in sims feels really empty to me. I want my Sim to choose who they want to be with.

2) A lot of people are requesting heights to be able to be changed, and that would be cool. Certainly more realistic, but personally it's not something I *need*, especially because I think it might be difficult to code all of the animations for different heights.

3) A semi-open neighborhood. Personally, I MUCH prefer the open Sims 3 world over the closed sims 4 neighborhood, although I do understand why they did it. Sims 4 runs much smoother for many people because of it not having as much to process, also seriously reducing the number of glitches encountered. So what about something in-between? Like, have one big neighborhood divided into sections. A handful of houses and a few community lots are in each session. You can travel freely around each section without going through a loading screen, but if you want to go outside of the section you'll encounter a loading screen and choose what sims to take with. I think this would give the feel of having an open world without having all of the complications of The Sims 3.

4) Create a style back, of course!

5) A buy-mode alteration. Specifically involving furniture. Right now if you want to buy a couch, you're presented with dozens of different style options, each with set stats. (Stats being environment, comfort, etc) Then you can click on the couch style you want to choose a different color. This is fine, but it's a bit limiting. What I love the style of a couch that's 0 comfort 0 envirnment, but I want to give my sims the best furniture available? Then I'm stuck with just a couple of high-end choices. Of course it's not a big deal, they don't impact the game that much, but I think it would be cool and easy to increase our options. My idea is that when searching for a couch, you have all of the styles to choose from, then when you click on one, you get the option to choose a color, and a separate option to choose the stats you want. Probably just a slider, lower for cheaper furniture with less stats, higher for more stats but with an increase in price.

6) Being able to layer clothing would be really nice.

7) Good genetics. The number one thing on my list for the sims 5 HAS to be good genetics. I really, really miss grandparents traits being able to show up in their grandchildren, even if their sons/daughters didn't directly inherit the trait. It feels limiting to not have that as an option anymore. It was always so fun to see gorgeous traits from grandparents surprisingly show up in the next generation. I do like how The Sims 4 handles merging the parents traits together, like if two sims have a baby, the babys skin color is usually in between the two parents skin colors, instead of choosing one or the other. An exception to this though is eye color. The Sims 4 sometimes merges the two sim parents eye color together as well, so if I have a sim with dark green eyes and a sim with light green eyes, their children sometimes get a color in the middle that I really don't like or want. Often times the children get a different eye color all together. I've had a brown eyed sim and a blue eyed sim have a green eyed baby. It's okay, just a bit annoying, I don't want a random eye color, I want to be able to say "Awh look, they have their moms/dads eyes!" Ya know? Or maybe "Awh look, she has her grandmas eyes!"

8) A mix between lifetime wishes and aspirations. I'm on generation 3 of my sims 4 family right now, and I've completed each aspiration MULTIPLE times. They're so fast to complete compared to lifetime wishes that I usually get quite a few completed in a sims lifetime. There's not enough aspiration options to account for this, so I find myself getting bored with these really easily. I think I'd like lifetime wishes back with the option to change to another wish if you complete your current one. Maybe keep one or two milestones if it's not too hard, I think a lot of people like having short term goals. So basically like aspirations, only wayyy more of them and each one takes longer to complete.

9) Cars!

10) Alright, so this one is the stretch. I think The Sims 5 should include more in its base game, or have one large expansion covering the more popular expansions The Sims series has already released in the past. If you've been a Sims fan for awhile, you've probably dished out a fair amount of money on expansions. Nobody wants to keep paying for the same expansions over and over again. (Seasons, pets, generations, etc) We want to see new material. We want the franchise to grow, not keep repeating itself. But we also want these ideas that we've had so much fun with in the past. So maybe The Sims 5 base game, or its first expansion, can cover most of these already, on a smaller scale. Example: Instead of having the incredible amount of features that The Sims 2 & 3 Pets had, (horses, birds, collectible animals, unicorns, etc) it can start with the basics, maybe cats and dogs, and later release the rest of the features in another expansion, along with new ideas, such as "Sims 5 Rodeo."
Just to reiterate, if it's too much for the base game to start with these popular features, I'd like to see a single Sims 5 expansion pack encompass the most popular expansion packs of the other Sims series, but on a smaller level so it's still fair. Maybe have a couple of seasons along with some pets and parenting/nightlife features, instead of releasing full expansions with each of these things *again.*

11) I would love to see The Sims 4 emotions return in The Sims 5, of course. I mention this because they sometimes add features in a new sims game, and then take them away in the next, so it's important to share what you want to keep about The Sims 4 as well as sharing new ideas!

These are just my opinions of course, I know not everybody plays the game the way I do! That's why I'd love to hear your feedback, and your own original ideas! Remember to show support for any ideas you like, so if anyone important ends up reading this, they'll know what we want. I numbered these ideas to be easier to discuss, ie, "I would love to have 1, 3, and 7 in the game! But number 8 isn't really my thing..."
I'll be adding some of your ideas to the list as well!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:24 PM
Most of these sou d great!
Theorist
#3 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:07 PM
A sim leaves a mess or makes something dirty means the mess or dirt is marked as property of that sim. Other household members that clean up the mess because it makes them too uncomfortable can resent the dirt's owner. Large or repeated mess making from a sim means affected sims can complain and demand instant guilty cleanup.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:23 AM
I do like that idea, Shoosh! Definitely adds a layer of realism and some more interested household interactions
Theorist
#5 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 11:00 PM
I agree strongly with #10 on your list. We shouldn't have to buy game packs to get back what we had in the previous game. It shouldn't base that's missing lot's of stuff, but base game what we had and whichever new features in addition. Then we could look forward to game packs enhancing our gameplay instead of feeling like we're just slowly trying to get back to normal.

One thing I've wanted in a Sims game was that the Player, YOU, can threaten a sim that you will delete them from the game if they don't alter their behavior in some way. Stop [ fill in the blank ] and I won't destroy you. This would be with cheats on and shift + click. The sim could also try to appeal or beg for their life. But the point is to get them to stop repeatedly doing something you don't like. I don't know how much of a programming feat that would be, but I would love it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bagley777
I do like that idea, Shoosh! Definitely adds a layer of realism and some more interested household interactions

i quite agree with you, nice idea. I`ll wait for such upgrade
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah Li
i quite agree with you, nice idea. I`ll wait for such upgrade

me too and add emotions
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:37 PM
The sims 5 will probably be releasing the same year as GTA 6 lol, then again I would like to see a lot of new stuff in it when it comes out. I personally believe that the next installment won't be by EA
Alchemist
#9 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 11:53 PM
I would like to see a version of The Sims more like 1, 2, and 3: IE, not a gutted skeleton remnant of a fleshed out, full game. Anything that's not a shameless cash grab like #4, not that it's likely. No going backwards: I'll never play another Sims that isn't open world. But, as long as people buy it, they'll keep hollowing the game out and overcharging for content. When the cash cow stops providing milk, they'll dump it by the wayside rather than fix it up and make it serviceable again. That's EA's way.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 1:05 AM
I would like to see height in the sims. I think the height limit should be... 6'9? Or maybe no limit! Who knows, but if sims get too tall, the game might be laggy and their faces might not be visible. I believe there are mods for this, but still, it's a good idea. I also think we should be able to get into cars, and have a 'travel to..' option when we hover our mouse/click on a car. Just some of my ideas.
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:14 PM
the premades from sims 2 brought back as well as some from sims 3 and 1 maybe 4 too and aspiration rewards that came with freetime,sims 2 aging too

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:34 AM
Hi, I'm probably not familiar to people unless they're a regular on the Sims 2 part of the forums.
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
I agree strongly with #10 on your list. We shouldn't have to buy game packs to get back what we had in the previous game. It shouldn't base that's missing lot's of stuff, but base game what we had and whichever new features in addition. Then we could look forward to game packs enhancing our gameplay instead of feeling like we're just slowly trying to get back to normal.

One thing I've wanted in a Sims game was that the Player, YOU, can threaten a sim that you will delete them from the game if they don't alter their behavior in some way. Stop [ fill in the blank ] and I won't destroy you. This would be with cheats on and shift + click. The sim could also try to appeal or beg for their life. But the point is to get them to stop repeatedly doing something you don't like. I don't know how much of a programming feat that would be, but I would love it.
On the first point, that's one of the reasons I still play Sims 2 is it's a full game that doesn't require paid downloaded content or a persistent internet connection. (Second is cost: if I buy a game that costs a nontrivial amount of money, it should be a full game instead of a limited advertisement for paid downloaded content, but it seems that era of gaming is over.)

On the second point, Virtual Families has the red glove that was used by the player and they stopped whatever they were doing and ran away. Granted the target audience for that game is children and is incredibly simple compared to Sims games, but it proves it's possible.
Scholar
#13 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:12 PM
i think a natural disaster expansion pack would be nice,but not everyone would like it..it'd be fun though!

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 7:59 PM
Be able to mix and match Jackets and tops!

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM
Make the game less cartoony they made it look semi-realistic in ts3 but now in ts4 looks like like a disney film because of how graphics look like cgi and because the sims smile all the stupid, WHO SMILES THAT MUCH?!

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Scholar
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:03 PM
realistic emotions

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:35 PM
I won't settle for less than my dream. I want a game that merges SimCity (or Cities: Skylines) and Sims (3). That's what I've been imagining since Sims 1 was announced.
Instructor
#18 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:57 AM
Just seeing how EA looks now, I bet The Sims 5 will be more or same like The Sims 4. Unrefined base game with tons of stuff packs, game packs, expansion packs and who knows micro transaction like The Sims store will come alive again.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Just seeing how EA looks now, I bet The Sims 5 will be more or same like The Sims 4. Unrefined base game with tons of stuff packs, game packs, expansion packs and who knows micro transaction like The Sims store will come alive again.

sims 4 will most likely be the starting point for sims games with micro-transactions i bet in the future you'll have to pay for the gallery in ts4.

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:30 PM Last edited by HarVee : 11th Feb 2018 at 10:51 PM.
Just give me what is essentially TS2 but with DX11 post-processing and graphics, better quality textures and meshes. And pair it with 64 bit and a flat modern UI that's reminiscent of the pre-TS4 user interface. A hypothetical TS2 remaster if you will.

The Create-a-style and Open Worlds caused The Sims 3 to have serious performance issues, and the quasi-open world of The Sims 4 limited the creativity of the player by not allowing them to create their own neighborhoods. 14 years of trial and error by EAxis and The Sims 2 way seems to be the only way the execution of The Sims concept works effectively.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:51 PM
More life stages and maybe Sims having actual ages (__years old, __months old, __weeks old, __days old)
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 5:34 AM
My 2,000+ cents on an old but important thread:

I was a huge fan of Sims 3, but never bought in to Sims 4. When the trailers dropped for 4, and when they let you play with a prototype CAS, I realized it probably wasnt for me. It was much too cartoony and felt way too limited. When released, I read about all the aspects of Sims 3 it dropped (The Open World, Age Progression, Swimming Pools? - hahah) and didnt hear about really anything groundbreaking or improved. As time went on, they released more content and I'm sure, by now, there is enough in the game that Id enjoy it if I tried... but why? I still have my Sims 3 and nothing Ive ever seen says its better than that. It has always struck me as a cash grab to get people to buy fresh, when that isnt what is should have been.

You see, any game like the Sims 3 (I'll use it as my example, because Ive talked about it enough already) begins to "break down" over time. This is because the game is never built all up front. Every release breaks things and needs patched to keep going. Each expansion requires code to run functions that over-write earlier functions that were patched because of a different expansion release and... well, you get the idea. When they created the base Sims 3 game, there wasnt code built in for pets or for swimming in the ocean. This was all stuff that was created later and added in. The problem is that after enough expansions and enough content all trying to fix or change previous code, the game just doesnt perform as slick as it once did. It has a lot more glitches and every patch to fix them just makes more. The only thing you can do is scrap it and start fresh. In theory, this would mean starting the new version with the planning and foresight that you gained from the previous one. Under this idea, the base game for Sims 4 should have had an open world, should have had cars, should have had better age progression and better emotions because they would know what needs to be put back in, but this time the base game should have been built with those things in mind. It should have all those features, by now, and more, all while running faster and better.

Instead, They scrapped it all and started over and did the exact same thing... built the base game without much consideration for the future expansions, and just slowly broke the game again. Granted: Some things they DID plan for to make the expansion release smoother. They knew there would be toddlers and they knew there would be other things, but they scrapped too much of stuff we liked (Create a Style and Open World) and said "It's for the best."

Note: The funny thing is, if Sims 3 were built with Sims 4 system requirements, it would run a lot better than it does. I dont think 3's Open World would crash many of today's computers if it was built with them in mind. Sims 3 actually caps the amount of RAM you use (because when it was first released, that was a lot and WOULD crash older comps). Realize the "System Minimum" for RAM in Sims 3 was 1.5 GB RAM. In Sims 4, They put the recomendation at 2 GB.
Today, The average computer has 4 GB of RAM in it. Mine is running 32 GB. (Note: Even with 32 GB, Sims 3 still runs clunky because the game itself caps at like 8. If the game actually tapped into my comp's potential, it would be phenominal. Sad it can't recognize my system specs and run accordingly - Hmmm... maybe that should be added to the list of things I'd like to see in Sims 5.

Back on topic, I'd love if they basically remade Sims 3 as Sims 5, but built for the future. They know the Expansions and DLC that will follow and can prepare for it up front so it requires less patches and fixes later. Give us back our Create a Style. Give us back our Open World, and give us all the awesomeness we want. Toss in a few new surprises along the way, but give us all the past expansions we loved... and do it by building the base game with the knowledge and foresight that it's coming! Make it all again... but make better and faster and smoother, beacuse that is really all we ever wanted!

- Oh... and better hairstyles! We want, nay NEED, better hair!, Open up some current magazings and look at modern trends for once. This goes double for Male hair! I'm tired of bowl cuts and mullets, and pony tails, and buisness professional, and only the 1 or 2 decent male hairs they put out, making me find 3rd party hair to add to my game.

While Im on this tirade, let me also say I want a feature in CAS to "hide" items. IF EA wants me to buy every Expansion and every SimStore DLC item (and I will, damnit... I WILL!), it needs to give me the ability to take them out of my "virtual closet" and put them in a "virtual trunk" in the attic. I want them, and the ability to go dig them out when I need them, but I dont need to see Scuba suits from vacation and Suits of Armor from the Ren Fair and Pilgrim costumes from Thanksgiving every time I open the Sim Creator. You want to talk about slowing my game down? Waiting 4 minutes for all the shirts to load in CAS every time I open it would be great. Because it's another 4 minutes when I click on the pants or the accessories! Yes, EA... I'll buy that funky 70s theme pack and have one "Disco Stu" type character in my world... but then, let me hide it away so that it doesnt load every time I try to make a new Sim because there is only 1 Disco Stu in the world! ONLY ONE! The same is true of those hats and hairstyles that I want more of. I dont tend to give more than a few people the same hair unless I have to. So give me the option to click it and shelve it. It shouldn't remove it from my world, just remove it from the stuff I see to make CAS interface better. As long as I can open the truck when I want something "special" like that Space Suit when I want it, I'll spend the 4 min waiting for it all to load to find it... but PLEASE dont make me load it every time just because it came in an Expansion that I otherwise love.

One final note on things Id love to see:
While I love Theme packs and bought them like crazy (Again, Sims 3), I often felt that the themes were sometimes too cliched. Dont get me wrong, a 70s or 80s or Cowboy or whatever theme is fun, but they often looked really "costume" (which is why I want a virtual truck [second closet?] for all that stuff). I just also want some more subtle themes. Think "The Breakfast Club". You could design a theme around each character that would feel different and fresh and be SO interchangable (with create a style options). The Jock, The Emo, The Rebel, The Princess, and The Geek... each would give me an assortment of hairstyles and clothes and furnishings I'd pay good DLC dollars for. Think about real life social cliques and give me THOSE packs. Leave the "costumes" for holidays and themed expansions and give me more daily life. These traits are often found in the personality selections we make when creating the sim "snobby", "wacky", "emotional", and more of our outfit choices should reflect this instead of everything looking like it came out of a 1980s GAP cataloge. Give me the option to dress my Sims as reflections of the subcultures around me.

Ok... Thats enough of my rant. Hope those that follow here read it and find something to agree with, or at least get a good laugh.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:17 AM Last edited by HarVee : 20th Mar 2019 at 7:37 AM.
Well I got a good laugh when you said "at like 8". It can't use 8. It's a 32 bit application. The most it can use is exactly 4.29GB. And by that time Sims 3 would've garbled up into a BFBVFS, per being the BFBVFS that it is.

I hope if there is a TS5 it's nothing like TS3 or I'll be avoiding it like the metaphoric plague. That's why I actually have grown to like TS4. It's the exact opposite of what TS3 was and it takes me back to the simpler TS2 and PS2 console spin-off days before the series got bloated.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#24 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 1:13 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Mar 2019 at 1:28 PM.
Quote:
Today, The average computer has 4 GB of RAM in it.

4 GB was great back in 2009 when TS3 came out. Today, even the weaker computers and laptops (except for smaller ones like Chromebooks) tends to have at least 6-8 GB of RAM, probably because you need 2 just to run Win10.

I've been through the 512 mb, 4 GB, and 8 GB stages (2006, 2009, 2012, respectively). Now, anything betwewen 8 and 32 seems to be standard, and more isn't even that expensive.

TS2 and TS3 are both 32-bit games, so both have the 4GB RAM limit even with tweaking. Not sure if there are any fixes for TS3 to make it run as a 64-bit game. TS4 can be run it both 32 and 64 bit mode (but you probably need a 64 bit system for the 64-bit mode to work).
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
4 GB was great back in 2009 when TS3 came out. Today, even the weaker computers and laptops (except for smaller ones like Chromebooks) tends to have at least 6-8 GB of RAM, probably because you need 2 just to run Win10.

I've been through the 512 mb, 4 GB, and 8 GB stages (2006, 2009, 2012, respectively). Now, anything betwewen 8 and 32 seems to be standard, and more isn't even that expensive.

TS2 and TS3 are both 32-bit games, so both have the 4GB RAM limit even with tweaking. Not sure if there are any fixes for TS3 to make it run as a 64-bit game. TS4 can be run it both 32 and 64 bit mode (but you probably need a 64 bit system for the 64-bit mode to work).

Most new computers DO come with at least 6-8 GM of RAM. I wrote 4 because I did a google search and took the low end of what I found. I should have been more specific, but my point remains that if Sims 3 were created today (same features vs built for newer computers) it would run a lot better.

Page 1 of 2