Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:46 AM
Help with the Floor Plan of my Antebellum Mansion aka The Haunted Mansion aka The Shipley-Lydecker House
As it says in the title I need help with figuring out a layout for this home. I'm trying to keep it CC free. It is based upon the Hunted Mansion ride at Disney Land. It was really quite easy to find refrence for the facade of the house, but how what interior floor plan would be still remains a mystery!

Now the Haunted Mansions exterior Shell was based upon a real house, the he Shipley-Lydecker House that unfortunately was demolished! I haven't been able to find anything about the houses layout as well!

I've been experimenting with different layouts in game but nothing I have tried has been satisfactory. I want to incorporate what the Haunted mansion ride presents as the interior while still making it a functional home with a logical layout. But so far I am stuck!

Thank you all for your help!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 1:08 AM
You have probably moved on a long time ago, but I just stumbled on this now.

I have put in rooms on the 2 lowest floors, the attic will probably just have bedrooms and baths, perhaps you could put in a livingroom for the kids or something.

I attached a floorplan I used as guidance as well.

I think you have made the house a bit big though. At the front on the second floor it looks like the real house could fit in 3 windows between the corner and the balcony door on each side, you can double that amount.
Screenshots