Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 9:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Download Clothes
I'm finding that some of the clothes are being mixed up in the categories. I have Gym/Athletic clothes that can only be found in the Everyday Outfits sections, Everyday being also found in Sleepwear and swim wear, Underwear being also found in Sleepwear and swim wear, etc.
Is there a way to clean up the clothing so that they can only be found in the categories they are supposed to be in?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 9:48 PM
@pjb123 It's not a glitch or a bug. It's just how people decided to categorise those items. You can try this tutorial (involves using SimPE). You could also try Wardrobe Wrangler, it should be more user-friendly. Good luck, I like when everything is in order too.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 3:52 PM
Some creators put separates (tops or bottoms) in the Everyday category because that's the only way your sim can buy them. For example, you buy a blue bikini top, an orange bikini bottom and a red bikini bottom separately (you have to do that by buying Everyday clothing), go home and then 'Plan Outfit...' 'Swimwear' with a dresser and now you can choose to pair the blue top with either bottom, even though normally there's nothing in the separates for non-Everyday wear.
Because Maxis in the end didn't give us separates outside of the Everyday category, they didn't program the ability to buy them in shops, which is why creators do it this way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aileena
@pjb123 It's not a glitch or a bug. It's just how people decided to categorise those items. You can try this tutorial (involves using SimPE). You could also try Wardrobe Wrangler, it should be more user-friendly. Good luck, I like when everything is in order too.

Before I had to do a re-install due to a download causing problems (I have found out which downloads that was and removed them from the files in my backup downloads), some of the athletics clothing that I am currently seeing in Everyday only were only found in Athletics.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 9:55 PM
Do not reinstall for a CC/download issue. Your download folder is in the files under Documents, not your install files. If installing CC involves your installation files and you did something wrong (best to make a back up instead) you can try to get the file off your disk without reinstalling. Reinstalling can lead to the issue of left behind files and most of the time is not needed.

My guess is you downloaded a different version. It's possible to download some that show in every day + athletic and some to show in just athletic. It isn't a problem it's just where the creator placed the clothing. If you dislike the category they picked you can change it in SimPE or probably in Wardrobe Wrangler. If you are saying you downloaded a piece of CC and it somehow switched categories all by itself my guess is you did something to it. CC can't simply change category and even if it did, is again not a reinstalling issue.

If you are on the UC, you do not reinstall either, if something has gone weird with the game make a backup, go into Origin, right click and fix your game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 10:14 PM
Reinstalling can sometimes cause problems because of the Registry files, so avoid it when you can. Reinstalling is only needed if
A: There's corruption of the entire game (throughout several neighborhoods) from borked install files, and replacing the borked files directly from the CDs don't work. If you have the game via Origin, fixing it there should take care of any issues (but backup the files in the Documents directory first, or you may risk losing downloads and the like).
B: You're switching to a new computer, or reinstalling everything for an OS change, or some such.

In 99,9% of cases, the issue is CC related (removing the problem CC usually helps), caused by corruption in one particular neighborhood (plenty of ways to fix that), or caused by corrupted cache files (which can be deleted). Even if you want to start over from scratch, you don't need to reinstall.

What you do if you want to start over is to move out the "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder, and run the game. All the files you need will regenerate, and the game will be brand new. As long as you didn't delete the original files, you can replace files like the UserStartup, Downloads, etc. with the old ones if you want to.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 11:41 PM
You don't even have to move it out, just rename it, even one letter change will stop it loading and force the game to make a new sims 2 folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~