Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 1:34 AM
Default Delete Multiple Objects
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know how to delete multiple items at once like in Sims 3 and 4? I can't ask this in the actual sims forum because I can't login, and I can't find it on the internet either. I feel silly asking this, but can someone please help? holding ctrl while deleting doesn't work for me, it only deletes one thing at a time. Thanks in advance for your help.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 3:41 AM
If you mean things off a lot there are these cheats.

deleteAllFences

deleteAllWalls

deleteAllAwnings

deleteAllObjects [Doors/Windows/Stairs]

deleteAllHalfWalls

If you are talking about CC in the catalogue that's different again. You need to be more specific. If you try and delete maxis items out of catalogue you will break your game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 11:47 AM
If you mean deleting CC items from your game, it's always safest to do so in the Download folder, not from ingame. You can sometimes risk deleting original objects (by accidentally deleting a default replacement that shouldn't be deleted ingame, ending up breaking your game), or leave in a ton of unwanted recolors if you delete from ingame.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 12:18 PM
Depends what the item is. You can easily delete a few cc walls from a set or a bedding you don't like, in game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#5 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 8:11 PM
closest thing to delete multiple objects from lot might be the sledgehammer tool; Pets or later.
if the objects are on/in the same "surface"; counter, shelf, table, desk, etc.
or whole elevator systems.

deleting multiple custom objects from game; various programs can accomplish that.
but probably first delete any occurrence of the objects from any lot they are on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 5:13 AM
I meant deleting things with the sledgehammer tool. Looks like I can't do that the way I want, then. Thank you everyone for your help. I'll have to delete things one by one, then. Thank you, though! I'm grateful for your help.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 11:57 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Feb 2019 at 12:22 PM.
For walls, floors, fences, pools (basically any of the build mode click-and-drag items), you can click-and-drag while holding in ctrl to remove all at once.

The cheat "Moveobjects on" combined either with the sledgehammer or the Ctrl-click&drag lets you delete most connecting items, so anything on a wall or surface object (table, shelf, etc.). will be deleted alongside the surface object or wall (deco objects, windows, doors, wallhangings, etc.). There are a few limits, but this way you don't get all the "you can't delete X because something is in the way" messages.