Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 10:10 PM
Default Sims 3: Favorite build features?
What are your favorite building features in TS3. Is it the seamless neighborhood, for some great picture taking or is it the pattern chooser in which you can make your whole lot match. (Window and door wise)

Also, what annoys you the most? The black of placing the lots where you want? Or the lack of build objects?
Advertisement
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:39 PM
Annoys me - the fact that there are so many step backs from the tools in the sims 2, and that the level tool locks onto the floor you used it last on.

Like the most - The prettiness of the overall game :p

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:09 AM
I would like to know what people don't like about it compared with The Sims 2. Specifically from the builder's perspective. It might help me decide whether I want to waste money on it one day.

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:52 PM
From a builders perspective, I'd say the difficulty increased tenfold. Now there is a whole new level in regards to building or buying stuff. You can color-customize everything (or just shy of everything), which is cool, but a little unrealistic when you have a whole house to work on. Doing one or two pieces might be fine, but imagine a whole house full of stuff; it is a little stressful to go through every piece in the house to make sure it matches everything else. I just skip the color-customization and just whatever color they give me. I don't give a darn if it matches. If I ever uploaded anything, I would put in the effort, but just to play it, I won't. And because it could potentially be such a hassle to do all the customization, I dunno if I will upload any Sims3 stuff.

I do like being able to customize the clothing, however, and I do spend the time with that.

I don't like how your cursor acts funny when placing objects. Rather than putting your cursor over a specific square and having the object be placed there, your cursor has to be over the object (so if you are placing a ceiling light, your cursor won't be over the square that the light is over). That probably sounds complicated and confusing, but it is a bit of a pain ingame. Makes placing objects a little trick to get the hang of.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Typical
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:20 PM
I lurve the terrain paints... can't stop using them!!! Infact there's one house I'm working on that (since I started counting) has 5 diferent terrain paints... and that's only at the front I dunno how my machine is capable of handling that...
Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:14 PM
I love terrain paints too!In Sims3 are very good terrain paints!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naeniver
From a builders perspective, I'd say the difficulty increased tenfold. Now there is a whole new level in regards to building or buying stuff. You can color-customize everything (or just shy of everything), which is cool, but a little unrealistic when you have a whole house to work on. Doing one or two pieces might be fine, but imagine a whole house full of stuff; it is a little stressful to go through every piece in the house to make sure it matches everything else. I just skip the color-customization and just whatever color they give me. I don't give a darn if it matches. If I ever uploaded anything, I would put in the effort, but just to play it, I won't. And because it could potentially be such a hassle to do all the customization, I dunno if I will upload any Sims3 stuff.

I do like being able to customize the clothing, however, and I do spend the time with that.

I don't like how your cursor acts funny when placing objects. Rather than putting your cursor over a specific square and having the object be placed there, your cursor has to be over the object (so if you are placing a ceiling light, your cursor won't be over the square that the light is over). That probably sounds complicated and confusing, but it is a bit of a pain ingame. Makes placing objects a little trick to get the hang of.

Yeah, that took me forever. I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I made myself customize it ALL.
>.< The building is harder, but the end results look far better.

Don't follow in my footsteps- I walk into walls.
Typical
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:06 PM
Yeah, the end results are far better than what they are in ts2.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:19 PM Last edited by cassslas1996 : 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:29 PM.
Yep.
I love being able to customize it *squeal* I have this awesome house, but the roof won't show no matter how high I go, and my graphics card is as high as it goes... Then again, my apparent card wasn't made for gaming..
Maybe I missed something in the Options...
I think if I make anything, it'll be TS3...

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:34 PM
I'll always prefer TS2 till EA gets off their asses and makes more cheats for TS3...

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:36 PM
Nah, But I mean like the testingcheatsenabled true
I know most of them...I think.
I just wish that you can make sims selectable and unselectable instead of adding them to the family and making em unremovable..

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:40 PM
I also wish that the relationships were not so mutual...Yes, it helps for the most part, but *sigh* I miss sims getting left at altars!!

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:43 PM
Eh. I just cheat em up.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:47 PM

I can't live without cheats...

I just wish you didn't have to do hundreds of romantic interactions..

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:49 PM
*sigh*

It's so annoying, all these interactions...

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:51 PM
Yep. <.<

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:54 PM
I wish Maxis had something to do with it, *sigh*, TS3 would be muuuch better.

Yes, it is! *screams*

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:56 PM Last edited by cassslas1996 : 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:12 PM.
I be excited if I feel like being excited and I make long sentence when I want to make long sentence, I also make LOLCat...

...LOLFrog...When I feel like making LOLFrog.

OH LOOK! LOLCAT!

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:27 AM
You're....What?

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:43 AM

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:59 AM

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#22 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 10:42 AM

I was like wtf?

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:15 AM

My rins hurt, shut up Lew.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:26 AM
Yes.
How sads.
I has a angry.
A tiny one, but is still an angry.

Angry is ebil cat downstairs.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:39 AM

I hear too much of that shit to care about ACDC and Queen and shit like that.
No offence.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«

Page 1 of 2