Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:26 PM
Exporting to DDS and then opening in PS....issue?
Hey

I'm not sure why this has started happening, as it hadn't previously, but when ever I export the UNKN it opens up weird is PS.

For some strange reason the background is green...

I originally thought perhaps it was because I was using the old ColourMagic, so reinstalled.... still green. Updated the Nvidia drivers for PS, still green.

The game crashes when I hover over the swatch of the edited item.

Can someone help me out, please?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:41 PM
Weirdly....if I paint bucket the background it now works... but why ?!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:15 PM
anyone got any idea? Its got to be something with the channels....?
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:31 PM
So, you can export with photoshop if you want to make a skintone for example. If you want to work with transparency, use this site:

http://online-converting.com/image/convert2dds/

Save the image in PNG, convert the image on the site and choose 'DXT5'. In 'generate mip maps' mark YES. Now you can export the .DDS into the game and works! ^_^
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by .Krell
So, you can export with photoshop if you want to make a skintone for example. If you want to work with transparency, use this site:

http://online-converting.com/image/convert2dds/

Save the image in PNG, convert the image on the site and choose 'DXT5'. In 'generate mip maps' mark YES. Now you can export the .DDS into the game and works! ^_^

Another solution would be to use the Nvidia DDS tool. It's a plugin and it should allow you to export .dds files with DXT5.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
Another solution would be to use the Nvidia DDS tool. It's a plugin and it should allow you to export .dds files with DXT5.

I did use this, but some moments don't work.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eq1984
Hey

I'm not sure why this has started happening, as it hadn't previously, but when ever I export the UNKN it opens up weird is PS.

For some strange reason the background is green...

I originally thought perhaps it was because I was using the old ColourMagic, so reinstalled.... still green. Updated the Nvidia drivers for PS, still green.

The game crashes when I hover over the swatch of the edited item.

Can someone help me out, please?

The neon green isn't a printable color and in the case of photoshop to dds it shows Null pixel value..it is just a filler to deplay the actual object in photoshop..unless you wanted to port it in s an art object..and you can edit the alphas IN photoshop quite easily just deselct the RGB and make sure only alpha is selected.(3d mode helps sometimes.) also the grey/white file in the standard .package for sims 4 is sort of a fabric bitmap..intensity of white shows thickness of fabric.. both files are needed for an creation to work in sims 4(wasn't totally needed for the preview CAS.probably why the glitches between the two). If you want skin tight you can just blank out the grey.white part of the package with a blank dds file.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Bakie : 11th Sep 2014 at 5:49 PM.
I got exact the same "problem". My background in Photoshop is green too. First I thought it's because of using Photoshop CS3, but when opening a DDS file in CS6 there was that same green background.
Now for recolering cloths (placing a Logo on a T-shirt) it's not a big problem, because I don't have to change the green background.

But when trying to make a custom tattoo it turns out to be a bigger problem. I followed this tutorial:
http://sims-sala-bim.tumblr.com/pos...are-some-things

And at step 8 I thought, he makes it black because the background is black, so I make it green....
Finishing this tutorial and looking in my Sims 4 Demo, I got this as a result:

It doesn't look bad...but it wasn't what I suspected it to be

Now a simple way to resolve this problem was to (as it says in the tutorial) make the whole background black. After doing this and finishing the tutorial again I ended up with this:

Looks much better.

So I think, if your planning to recolor clothing, like placing logo's on it, it doesnt matter if the background is green, but for things like tattoos you better make the background black.
I don't know how it works if you make a whole new pattern for it.