Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2017 at 5:03 PM
Default Sim Art?
I have been playing around with my in game pics and my paint program for a while now. I couldn't find a suitable thread to post them regularly, so I started this one in hopes that maybe others will be interested in doing this as well, if they aren't already.

Basically, I have 0 talent for drawing or painting, (i'm a musician at heart), so I tend to enjoy making "art" with my paint program. Let's use that art term loosely here. Nothing serious going on. Basically if it is artsy and simmy, place it here! Have fun and enjoy! It's my first thread, so if I've made a mistake or missed something, poke me really hard!

So, I'll begin with some pics of a pub I built a few weeks ago. I didn't edit these too much. I really enjoy this sketched look.
Screenshots

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 3:50 AM Last edited by Charmful : 28th Jun 2017 at 8:13 PM.
Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, I think it's a cool idea.

I did this series the other week because I found a bubblegum accessory. It made me think of a girl pop singer group poster and then I went experimental late at night on individual portraits and thought they looked kind of like pop-art.

Also, I know this hasn't had a reply in a month but how old is too old? Also I'm adding something new so...not threadcromancy?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Also, I know this hasn't had a reply in a month but how old is too old? Also I'm adding something new so...not threadcromancy?

The thread necromancy rules don't apply to the pictures forum. You can post in any picture thread freely. New threads are moderated in here and any new thread will be rejected before approval if a similar thread already exists.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Link Ninja
#4 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:03 PM
Thanks for clarification. I think I was worried because I didn't realize I had posted in the pictures forum at first and then was reminded of some of the recent discussion on the main sims 2 board about threadcromancy.

Link Ninja
#5 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:11 AM
Default Artception?
Time to spice up an old pic thread. I got inspired to actually make a 'still life' (multiple, actually) when I sent a sick sim to go paint this weekend. He did three in all but first here he is painting:

End result for the home gallery!

Which one is your favorite?

Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 4:09 AM
All 3! This is very pretty.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:23 PM
I've been doing some world building for a hood I'm working on, click the pic for better quality

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:34 AM
Very pretty

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Link Ninja
#9 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:14 AM
Zena, that is a sweet pic, remind me of a movie still

Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 5:40 AM
Something interesting occurred when I was browsing the filter gallery of Photoshop. After using the Dark Strokes filter, I came up with this below. See the attachment for the original image:

Screenshots

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Link Ninja
#11 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 11:30 PM
I've been playing around in the sim modelling community (which is still ALIVE OMG I thought I had missed out on those days <333) Here are some test shots I took and designed into playing cards:

Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 11:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jan 2019 at 1:42 AM.
A few old pics I decided to go a little artsy on a while back:

And a medical-themed one in a spoiler
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 12:25 AM
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 7:32 PM
What ARE those things?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 7:40 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
What ARE those things?

Yes, fireflies:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=427009
Link Ninja
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 1:08 AM
PhotoEdited Tea Party themed pics:

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 9:10 AM
I photo-edited this beautiful picture of Amara!

Sims 2 Rocks! :D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:15 PM
I was a bit bored and played around with filters on some random photos:

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 5:03 PM
Mad Poster
#21 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:52 AM
I don't know if this is exactly the right thread or not, but anyway, my Capps are movie-makers and movie stars, which meant I decided to build a sets lot, and then had to do something with it.

Here we have a perfectly terrible cheesy plot that will only sell because of Tybalt's screaming teen female fans. But hey, we've all enjoyed movies for eye candy, right? And these prints from the filming will sell for plenty of simoleans.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Link Ninja
#22 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:46 AM
Default Modeling in the Forgotten Place
Some of my pics from my modeling show on FB, the setting was a 'forgotten place' and the models were supposed to show emotion and tell a story through their posing. Kinda a gothy vibe. More can be seen on my tumblr since there's 12 models and only four pics inline allowed.

Link Ninja
#23 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 2:12 AM
Default Checkmates
Ok new month, new modeling pics - this time chess inspired!

Can you guess which picture represents which chess pieces? (hint: there are no pawns)

Link Ninja
#24 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 4:04 AM
New month, New Artistic Pics, this time the inspiration was Edgar Allen Poe's 'The Raven'

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 10:57 AM Last edited by L0v15a : 27th Aug 2019 at 8:11 PM.
Default Last Drowning Moment

When you have a bit too much time and decide to do this instead of something more productive.
Page 1 of 2