Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 7:22 PM
Default The Pros and Cons of amiibo
Me and haywud discussed amiibo in a recent Skype conversation. It started with microtransactions and DLC being ridiculous, in the case of Theme Park on smartphones, one roller coaster costs up to $60.

Then I told him that although the figures and cards are a money making gimmick, its mileage will vary depending on the cost of the amiibo and the number of compatible games an amiibo can connect to through a NFC Reader\Writer either an internally built or externally built apparatus. He pointed out that Legend of Zelda games and related amiibo have diverse compatibility with numerous other games.

I admit it would seem weird, but I got into amiibo through the Animal Crossing amiibo Festival. This is where we put good arguments that amiibo are optional (he said) but I had to point out Animal Crossing amiibo Festival was one of those games that require them and the game in question came with both amiibo figures and cards. The game was no different than Disney Infinity and Skylanders.

I would like to hear your opinion on such gimmicks. Do you get enough mileage out of such games with NFC communication between the games or do you not buy into it and find it to be a unitasking apparatus?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 3:10 PM Last edited by Nysha : 27th Feb 2017 at 9:31 PM.
In my roommate and me always play games. We are doing study in Italy. We like amiibos. Amiibos can truly learn extremely complex behaviour. At one point, I trained a Peach amiibo by standing still and letting it beat on me. I was regularly knocked to a ledge. The amiibo, by random possibility, got off the ledge too, and grabbed it from me. I fell to my death. This was interpreted as a winning attack. From that second on, whenever the Peach amiibo see I was holding a ledge, it would jump off the ledge itself and then grip it from me, killing me by ledge-hog. Anyway it’s good. In my view, the design ideas are super.