Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:59 PM
creating a functional scale
So I have been looking for a functional scale for a while but can't find one anywhere. I would like to have a scale in my game so my sim could weigh him/herself and it actually have an effect on him/her. I know that it might sound complicated (at least to me) but like if the sim is heavier on the slider it would prehaps get an embarrassed buff after using the scale and if the sim is like on the 0 point on the slider it would get a happy buff after using the scale. So I would like to know a couple of things about it.

1) is it possible to make such thing?
2) I see everyone on here using Blender as 3D software, but is it possible to use other software such as Maya or 3Ds Max for things like this?
3) If it is possible to make something like this, how would I continue after making the mesh/3D model?

I just hope someone might be able to help me out!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 3:21 PM
Possible? Probably. You'd have to do different steps one by one and combine them in the end (which would be the easy part). Since there is, as far as I'm aware of, no "how much does my Sim weigh?"-mechanism in the game, you'd have to make one from scratch and you'd have to first find out the different sliders in CAS that determine the body shape +/- muscle/overweight (and also everything inbetween) and make up weights for that to be able to create a scale because without all that input, even if you created one, it wouldn't know what to do.

Would it work? Again, proably. Would it be a huge amount of work? Yes. I'd suggest making it a team project with other skilled script modders.