Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 8:38 AM
Default Object replacement mod - help needed
So, I've never made a mod or custom content, although I have plenty of them installed in my game. I came to the decision concerning the Chicken Coop premium content that the rare exotic egg was sort of pointless and not really that interesting, and that it made more sense to me to replace it with a roast (like the one you buy from the shops). When I couldn't find anything like that online, I figured I would try to make it myself, only the world of modding is so intense and complex that I have no idea how to find the correct tutorial for what I want to accomplish. I can follow instructions quite well, but nothing I've looked through seems to look at the task of replacing one item with another. Is there any chance I could get some help with this? It would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 4:38 PM
Take a look at the script modding tutorials. To do what you want to achive you need to do an object Mod and replace the HavestEggs Interaction with your own version.
Do you have any prior programming experience? If not it will take you a while to understand what you are doing. Or you can do the object modding tutorial. Then go at your project without any knowledge, copy the HarvestEgg interaction and change it around and then fix errors until it works.