Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 8:35 PM
Default Building a home business
I couldn't find an already-existing thread on this, so I'm wondering how I would build a home business that Sims can move into and run. Thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 5:58 PM
You can build a home business however you want, really. Is there something specific you're looking for?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeroplanesss
You can build a home business however you want, really. Is there something specific you're looking for?

I just want to be able to build general home businesses that Sims can move into, like this one here .
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 11:25 PM
All you have to do is build a space for the business itself, buy the Open/Closed sign under Decorations/Misc, have a way for customers to pay (the cash register or the Electrono-Ticket Machine, which charges customers for how long they spend on the lot, usually), and get an adult Sim to use the phone for Business/Start Home Business. You'll probably want to set the other doors on the lot to disallow customers so they don't go into the main house.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 11:36 PM
Setting the doors is something the downloader would have to do as you need a sim to click on the doors.

Build a large room
Cash register on a counter
Shelves
business sign
items for sale can be whatever you like

or instead use a ticket machine and objects like a hot tube, pool table.

What is your vision for the business? If there is no vision just use empty shelves and till.
If you have room you might want to add a tiny bathroom for the customers.

Other than that we don't know what to tell you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you have room you might want to add a tiny bathroom for the customers.

Bathrooms! That's what I forgot. If customers can't use a bathroom on the lot they will leave before buying anything.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 3:53 AM
They don't all go use the bathroom, but it can happen. You only need 3 tiles long, loo on one end, basin/sink on the other so it needn't take up much room.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 8:37 AM
Great, thanks. When building does it need to be set to residential or community?
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 12:05 AM Last edited by aeroplanesss : 14th Jun 2019 at 2:19 AM.
Residential for a home business. You can make a community business and have a sim buy it over the phone, but if you want them to live on the same lot as the business, it needs to be residential.
Edit to add: Playable sims can visit community-lot businesses that are owned by other playable sims, however they can't visit a home business (unless they walk by randomly while you're playing the home-business family)
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 8:15 AM
Okay, thanks. I should have a go at that. I'm also gonna put my split-level skills to the test.
Theorist
#11 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Okay, thanks. I should have a go at that. I'm also gonna put my split-level skills to the test.

If you're going to play around with split levels, you might want to take a look at this CC, which I was only recently made aware of:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/453687...ions-added.html

While it is definitely useful exteriorly, it might also be so inside a house in some instances.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
If you're going to play around with split levels, you might want to take a look at this CC, which I was only recently made aware of:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/453687...ions-added.html

While it is definitely useful exteriorly, it might also be so inside a house in some instances.

I used them for the final lot, thanks. You can find it here .