Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:34 AM Last edited by lambentUmbra : 21st Jun 2019 at 5:31 PM.
Default Help With VIP Doors?
So I've got two different issues here. It'd be nice to get an answer to both but honestly if I can just figure one of them out I'll be happy, and I don't really have a preference as to which one.

The first thing I wanted to do was make a version of the Upscale Iron Scrollwork Door that has the barrier rope & functions as a VIP door. I'm assuming this would involve two things. First, messing with the tuning so it actually... acts as a VIP entrance. It seems like i got this to work by just dropping the object_Door_VIPRope tuning in, although I've yet to have a bouncer show up, and it shows the rope barrier animation just for a brief moment because I haven't added it into the actual mesh yet. Which leads me to the second part. It seemed easy enough ‒ I figured I could probably just copy it from the Modern VIP Exclusivity Door and it'd be right where it's supposed to be. But that has different geometry states (one for the rope barrier closed, and one for it opened), and the door doesn't. I haven't worked with before, so I'm not sure how to add them in. The door is technically functional right now, so I can at least use it to keep people out, but I'd like to get that barrier on there so it actually looks like a VIP entrance (and also so it doesn't look so weird when the rope does show up during the animation).
Edit: I'm gonna try to just swap the door mesh of the Modern VIP Exclusivity Door & adjust the cutout and see if that works. I'll edit again with my findings. I'd still like to know if there's a way to add geostates for future reference or in case this doesn't work out though. Edit 2: Well that didn't work at all. Definitely gonna have to stick with my initial idea. Edit 3: After looking at some tutorials for something else, I think I might know what I did wrong. I'm gonna give it another try when I get home.
I've also noticed a bug where sometimes the door doesn't place when you click. I haven't really tested it to figure out why it's doing that, and it's only occasionally, so it's not a huge concern but I'd still like to know whats going on. I'll have to look into that as well.

The second thing is a little trickier to explain, but basically I want to get the Upscale VIP Exclusivity Door to be centered on whole tiles instead of half tiles. I still want to keep it four tiles ‒ but right now when you place it, it places it as though it's a three-tile door (which makes sense, because the non-VIP version is), offsetting it to start at a half tile instead of a whole tile like with most doors. I've attached an image in case that doesn't make sense. Basically I just want to be able to center it on a wall that's even-numbered length. I don't really care if its off-centered in the footprint, or if the door and the footprint both get shifted over half the tile, as long as it can be placed in the middle of the wall. I've tried a few tutorials for adjusting the footprint/placement of doors but I can't for the life of me get it to work with this one.

If anyone could give me any suggestions for how to get either of these working, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!!
Screenshots