Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 3:38 AM
Default Help with python script
So i am trying to override the "off grid" power cut functionality, but i am having difficulty doing so.

the first thing i tried is running this script
Code:
import sims4.commands
import services

@sims4.commands.Command('poweron', command_type=sims4.commands.CommandType.Live)

def turnonthepower(_connection=None):

household_id = services.owning_household_id_of_active_lot()
    services.utilities_manager(household_id).restore_utility(0, 0)

But it doesn't seem to have any effect while off the grid is set as the household trait

then i tried this one

Code:
import sims4.commands
import services

@sims4.commands.Command('pooweron', command_type=sims4.commands.CommandType.Live)

def turnonthepower(_connection=None):

services.get_zone_modifier_service().stop()

This one actually worked, it brought the power back on, but it also brought back the plumbing which i didn't want, examining the "stop()" function i found the moment where it turn on the plumbing and power
its inside: zone_modifier.zone_modifier_household_actions

it looks like this

Code:
def stop_action(self, household_id):
        for utility_shut_off in self.utilities:
            shut_off = utility_shut_off()
            shut_off.stop(household_id)

Now, when i try to call the "stop_action" function the sims 4 gives me a last exception. I think i am not calling it correctly?
Here's where i am now, with the last exception:
Code:
from zone_modifier.zone_modifier_household_actions import stop_action
import sims4.commands
import services

@sims4.commands.Command('poweron', command_type=sims4.commands.CommandType.Live)

def turnthepoweron(_connection=None):

household_id = services.owning_household_id_of_active_lot()
    stop_action(household_id)

also here's the last exception i am getting
Quote:
The listed script mod failed to load and should be removed or updated. Failure: 'example_mod' (example_mod) (ImportError: cannot import name 'stop_action' from 'zone_modifier.zone_modifier_household_actions' (F:\sims 4\Data\Simulation\Gameplay\simulation.zip\zone_modifier\zone_modifier_household_actions.pyc))

Has anyone any ideas on how to bring back electricity without the plumbing?