Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 9:52 PM
Default patreon
should a modder that has mod here be required too update here if they have it on their pateron. Deaderpool remove mcc from here but gives it for free once testing done. Paulson does not update his mod here but has it for sale on his patreon.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 10:28 PM
Morally they should, but they're not required to do anything they don't want to.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 1:49 AM
nope they should just delete the mod they have here
Smeg Head
#4 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 11:39 AM
Aye, as it can be seen they are successfully using this popular site, for free, only as a means to advertise their pay-for products elsewhere.

That cannot be right. Should not be allowed. You can report the mod thread to administration quoting this very concern as your reason to report. As far as I'm aware, this site only wants to have advertisements to generate revenue for it's own upkeep. Not be an advertisement billboard for working Patreon mods.

I know modders here are not allowed to directly advertise their Patreon links in their mod threads. But if it can be reasonably argued, and demonstrated, that they use this site and the broken versions of their mods to increase revenue potential for their working Patreon versions, then who knows? Maybe there'll be new rules to update mods within certain timeframes or remove them, especially when modder does indeed have working counterparts on Patreon and seemingly abandoned versions on this site.

But the initial reporting has to be done by members, as the administration here is not psychic to the fact of the Patreon double-standards, free advertising on MTS going on.

Then again, if a modder wants to come across as that slimy, underhanded and greedy, why would you care for anything they mod at all? It's no worse than modders who offer free versions of their mods via Ad Fly links, knowing that cesspit route will never work, only as a means to draw attention to their paid, Patreon version of the mods. They probably think they're covering their slimy asses by openly offering the free version if EA ever comes breathing down their greedy necks. Not caring about the crap they'll do to your PC going through Ad Fly. Don't trust any of them. They're the kind of people, that if they worked for EA, you'd have Loot Boxes in the Sims PC by now. Fuck 'em. And you think EA is bad??? As soon as these chumps get dollar signs in their eyes, they're willing to crap all over your computer for a millionth of a penny each time. Fuck 'em all.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 5:37 PM
Nice you can make them post a message on mod site stating that mod outdated and not updated or make them remove mod from here.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 6:39 PM
I'm not sure people really read the description as much as they should, so not sure tge advertising has much value.

Also requiring people to remove a mod here if they like to keep it on Patreon might not work well. It's like calling Elvis when he clearly is 6 feet under.

The advertising also works 2 ways. It's good for mts to be able to say they have lots of modders, even though they have all moved.

Another problem with people who download without reading description is the lack of ability to figure out why the mod then suddenly doesn't work, or perhaps they have squashed ttem all together as one and instead post on EA site about how horrible mods are, ruining your game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 8:11 PM
I read the mod description and don't bash mods on ea site. I know that downloading mods is at own risk. So don't make me sound stupid when downloading mods. He could at least do what ui mod creator did and post that mod is outdated.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 8:47 PM Last edited by ticklish : 15th Sep 2019 at 8:59 PM.
I am satisfied the mods in question were removed from the site he is in trouble on his pateron site too @PrincessofEllabur it IS against EA rules. Most patreonators tend to forget this but it is actually illegal to ask for money/donation without releasing their content at some point. Simgurudrake confirmed this before she left: "Good morning folks! So I've been alerted to this thread by the mods and wanted to provide some insight here on two points of discussion: CC/Mods locked behind a paywall and Patreon.
CC/Mods Locked Behind Paywalls - Creators cannot lock content they make using our game behind a paywall. While we do not police this content (there is no way we would create a team simply to monitor this) we do take reports sent to us seriously and action accordingly.
Patreon - We understand that folks who make CC / Mods for others to enjoy are doing it in their free time and may desire to offset costs to create the content by using this service. As long as the content is still made available FOR FREE we do not mind these types of pages. Folks who have a Patreon page are welcome to provide folks with "early access" incentives for their content but it should be made available to the general public within 2-3 weeks of it being given to folks early.

I hope that this provides you with some clarity and please reach out should you have any questions." and this can be seen here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...t-the-entitled-
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 11:43 AM
you can close this thread now
dodgy builder
#10 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
I read the mod description and don't bash mods on ea site. I know that downloading mods is at own risk. So don't make me sound stupid when downloading mods. He could at least do what ui mod creator did and post that mod is outdated.

I didn't talk about you because I don't know you. I was talking in general.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 1:49 PM
ok thanks