Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:12 PM
Default there is any mods that visitors don't go to community lots?
I just wish my sim could visit the community lots

there is any mod that I can be alone in community lots?
(I usually play in vacation mode, I don't use the community lots in my neighborhood)

thanks for your help :lovestruc
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:19 PM
I think there's an option on the visitor controller to ban certain types of sims (like townies and npcs) so maybe you can use that to ban them all.
Though excuse me for asking but I'm morbidly curious as to why and how you even play in "vacation mode" so often
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I think there's an option on the visitor controller to ban certain types of sims (like townies and npcs) so maybe you can use that to ban them all.
Though excuse me for asking but I'm morbidly curious as to why and how you even play in "vacation mode" so often

When I play on community lots in my neighborhood my game crashes all the time because I have a lot of custom content, but when I play on community lots in vacation mode my game works normally, that's why I prefer to play this way
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

I downloaded the Visitors controller, l hope it will help me.. although I don't know how it works
thank you so much :lovestruc
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 12:47 AM
I ban NPCs, All ages, All sim types and all critters when I want that. I do it on my fishing lots so they don't bother my sims when they're trying to fish.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
I ban NPCs, All ages, All sim types and all critters when I want that. I do it on my fishing lots so they don't bother my sims when they're trying to fish.

It's more versatile than you let on. A really great tool to subtly but distinctly control your sims contacts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 2:10 AM
The VC reads the opposite of what is set to. So if you read 'ban males' it means that male sims are allowed on that lot. To ban everyone you will need to ban each age and gender and the NPC's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 2:18 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 20th Sep 2019 at 2:20 AM. Reason: to fix links
Quote: Originally posted by Gustavo2Sims
I downloaded the Visitors controller, l hope it will help me.. although I don't know how it works

The visitor controller is very easy to use. You can either buy it from the catalog (I believe it's in Misc/Misc) or click on a sim, select "Adjust", then select "Visitor Controller/Spawn Adjustor". As others have mentioned, you can set it to ban everyone or just select groups. If you truly want to ban everyone, then click on the controller, select "Sim Type" and select "Ban All". You should probably allow npcs, though. Anyway, once options are set, the settings are saved and you can delete the item if you wish, or you can hide it (you can change appearance under "Adjustor/Change Model". There is a faq/read me included in TwoJeff's original controller if you need more info--read that at least once--but some changes have been made since it's release, so I'd get MidgeTheTree's updated version here: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ws-toga-parties. The way it works is that any time a sim who is banned by the controller tries to visit the lot, the controller zaps them away (so don't be alarmed if you see flashing blue lights).

Quote: Originally posted by Gustavo2Sims
When I play on community lots in my neighborhood my game crashes all the time because I have a lot of custom content, but when I play on community lots in vacation mode my game works normally, that's why I prefer to play this way

For this problem, try playing smaller community lots and/or limiting the number of sims that visit the lot. You can do that by adding the following line in your userStartup.cheat file:
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims XX
Replace the "XX" with the number of sims you want to visit the lot at a time. Bear in mind that this will include people like cashiers, bartenders, employees working at a business, etc. I'd start with 10 and see how that goes. You could probably do as low as 3 or 5, if you just want to cover your sim and an npc or two. You can also try limiting the amount of cc used on community lots.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatKaleen
It's more versatile than you let on. A really great tool to subtly but distinctly control your sims contacts.

Yes. I ALWAYS ban critters, attached and elders. I ban teens until there are children/teens on the lot. Community lots I ALWAYS ban children and sometimes other ages. Most I ban teens, but have a teen rec center where all but teens are banned. If the wrong gender keeps showing I ban that gender temporarily. I have gay club lots where straight are banned. Prostitution/brothel lots the wrong gender and anything other than romance/popularity aspiration is banned. As is the orientation not allowed (so far only gay - never made a gay/lesbian hooker lot.) Attached are almost always banned from all lots. Community I also ban critters, NPCs and sometimes others. Unfortunately service sims aren't bannable with the VC. I ban some on an individual basis. "Annoying" are banned by default. Are the slob/diva "annoying?" I haven't seen them in forever. I know The Gypsy, Garden Lady, Mrs Crumplebottom, etc are considered "annoying." On Uni lots I ban all Uni NPCs (ALL are annoying to me) and any gender nobody living on lot is attracted to. I never use dorms, and never use aspirations other than romance, popularity or family (and change it to one of those for all Townies/Downtownies/College Students.) Yes you still have non-playable college students without dorms.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 5:06 AM Last edited by FranH : 20th Sep 2019 at 11:37 AM.
On community lots I ban:
All NPC's, without exception-especially the Unsavory Charlatan-who's a huge annoyance.
All critters.
All but the playables.
All the other settings I leave alone because by default they're all banned.
The sole exceptions being a playground, where I will ban adults, elders and teens (who are annoying)-but will allow children specifically. With this setting the only adult will be the parent that brings the child and the only visitors will be other children.
The other exceptions are the 'adult' themed community lots, which I will ban all but adults and elders, and the teen center where all but the teens are banned.
I rarely ban due to sex.

The settings for it stay in place generally even when you move the lot around..but always check it before you play it with a pixel. Sometimes you have to reset it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
The visitor controller is very easy to use. You can either buy it from the catalog (I believe it's in Misc/Misc) or click on a sim, select "Adjust", then select "Visitor Controller/Spawn Adjustor". As others have mentioned, you can set it to ban everyone or just select groups. If you truly want to ban everyone, then click on the controller, select "Sim Type" and select "Ban All". You should probably allow npcs, though. Anyway, once options are set, the settings are saved and you can delete the item if you wish, or you can hide it (you can change appearance under "Adjustor/Change Model". There is a faq/read me included in TwoJeff's original controller if you need more info--read that at least once--but some changes have been made since it's release, so I'd get MidgeTheTree's updated version here: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ws-toga-parties. The way it works is that any time a sim who is banned by the controller tries to visit the lot, the controller zaps them away (so don't be alarmed if you see flashing blue lights).

For this problem, try playing smaller community lots and/or limiting the number of sims that visit the lot. You can do that by adding the following line in your userStartup.cheat file:
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims XX
Replace the "XX" with the number of sims you want to visit the lot at a time. Bear in mind that this will include people like cashiers, bartenders, employees working at a business, etc. I'd start with 10 and see how that goes. You could probably do as low as 3 or 5, if you just want to cover your sim and an npc or two. You can also try limiting the amount of cc used on community lots.

Your answer has been very helpful and helped me a lot, thanks :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 5:58 AM
thank you all who gave me your answers, i didn't know VC mod yet, I believe that was all I needed
Inventor
#13 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 6:09 AM
The Unsavory Charlatan is free to roam my community lots... mostly because he amuses me and it's sometimes funny to me to have a pickpocketed sim choose "Fisticuffs!" to get their revenge. Mrs. Crumplebottom, so far, has remained banned for the sake of my sims who want to go about their romancing unthwapped by a purse. Maybe I'll unban her, though... I go back and forth on banning the Head Witches. I wouldn't mind them, if they didn't lag my game when they attempt to enter. Sometimes I have them banned, if a lot is on the larger size and/or very busy.

I do have a few lots that have standing bans. The playground is open only to children because I usually send my playable kids there to meet and make friends with other kids. The college lots and any associated businesses are/will be Young Adult only. I have Youth Acre, which is a larger community lot with a swimming pool, small gym, restaurant, and arcade/game room where teens can go to have fun with other teens or even go on dates. I might later recreate my military club, for sims in the military career, or the Smoking Cigar, which was a club for the wealthy, the politicians, and the criminals.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
The Unsavory Charlatan is free to roam my community lots... mostly because he amuses me and it's sometimes funny to me to have a pickpocketed sim choose "Fisticuffs!" to get their revenge. Mrs. Crumplebottom, so far, has remained banned for the sake of my sims who want to go about their romancing unthwapped by a purse. Maybe I'll unban her, though...

Unban her for the sheer amusement of the Unsavoury Charlatan trying to serenade her.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Unban her for the sheer amusement of the Unsavoury Charlatan trying to serenade her.

I have never banned either (never had the VC) and yet I've still never seen this. Phooey.
Theorist
#16 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 9:17 PM
Most often there is one small [1x1] lot with a pool table, stereo, darts & photo booth and a 2nd lot with a tiny lot restaurant just for my sims who go on dates while I have limited time and want to take screenshots without weirdos running around. I use the Visitor Controller to block everyone possible, then a sim can invite another on a date with no interruptions while creating some great pictures/screenshots for their walls & albums. They must be on the date before this lot or the invited member will be teleported out. Nothing more irritating than a dining couple blowing kisses across the table and a picture ends up with a random sim blocking the table while stealing a plate of food. NPCs will still show up if required on a 'private' lot. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Instructor
#17 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 9:42 PM
You can also make one with no door to the outside - teleport in and make the date selectable and teleport him/her in. If they plan on Woohoo, unless they are going to do it in the middle of the restaurant, LOL, use the same process to teleport out. You have to either have learned to teleport or have a mod that lets anyone. I have no doors on some of the stores in my shopping areas to keep visitors from getting in the way by browsing. I really with there was a way to take that behavior out. It does nothing useful and just blocks your sim from buying things.
Inventor
#18 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

That is very, very tempting!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 4:40 AM
You can also make one with no door to the outside - teleport in and make the date selectable and teleport him/her in. If they plan on Woohoo, unless they are going to do it in the middle of the restaurant, LOL, use the same process to teleport out. You have to either have learned to teleport or have a mod that lets anyone. I have no doors on some of the stores in my shopping areas to keep visitors from getting in the way by browsing. I really with there was a way to take that behavior out. It does nothing useful and just blocks your sim from buying things.

Yeah, you're right
I usually do the same thing, I remove doors and teleport me, but it annoys me sims on the same lots as me, they just fight all the time on the outside
Mad Poster
#20 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I have never banned either (never had the VC) and yet I've still never seen this. Phooey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1szDv3vWR0k

You can also use moveobjects on to move them inside if you have a community lot build/buy enabler.
Alchemist
#21 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 3:26 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 21st Sep 2019 at 4:15 PM.
Very clever ideas with the screenshot lots... I was just wondering, couldn't you also just make it a residential lot that looks like a restaurant... would that help at all?

I'm interested in this question, in general, because I attempted once to have a Last Man on Earth game where there would be no other sims than my Humble clone (his computers had a virus that jumped to Sims and wiped out everyone - see my Dead Simple Zombie Challenge)... but I hadn't quite managed to stop everyone from generating, yet.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 2:21 AM
I love the visitor controller. I use it on community lots to ban all sims except one. one of my playables. It's a painstaking process to eliminate all my playables down to one but it's worth it. It's like the equivalent of visiting another sim's house, except you can visit the picked sim on a community lot. Saves me the trouble of looking for a working mod that you can visit other sims with. I use it to go to X sim's lot. I just made a house as a community lot and use the visitor controller on that. I know I'm late to the party but I thought my idea was pretty unique. Just thought I'd share.
Alchemist
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 8:27 PM
@pianogrinder, Chris Hatch has a Visit Sims mod. Does it not work for you? I think it might be incompatible with some things, but I think it's worth investigating: check out the Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS thread and the link by "use ownable care to visit other sims".

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#24 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@pianogrinder, Chris Hatch has a Visit Sims mod. Does it not work for you? I think it might be incompatible with some things, but I think it's worth investigating: check out the Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS thread and the link by "use ownable care to visit other sims".

Yes I tried the visit other sims mod once before. It didn't work for me and it conflicted with something else because upon starting my game after putting it in, my sims motives and wants were randomized and they began to constantly cheer like when they are watching the sports channel and it could not be stopped. When I directed my sims to visit other sims, my sim reset. it forced me to delete a neighborhood so I took out the mod. I either had missing files for the mod or I didn't have the right files. So I gave up. It would be nice if the mod was updated with all the essential files in one download to make it work so I didn't have to keep searching for the components.