Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 5:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE: my family doesn't show up on sim description (SDSC) or poll
Good night, my friends! SimPE site seems to be down, I can't access it no matter what. Since I've read a lot of SimPE related problems here on Mod the Sims, I came to seek help too.

So, I want to extract/clone the appearence sims I created in game.
I was following this tutorial, but found a major problem:

I can't find my sims names on either SDSC or surgery poll!

A little background: I'm new to the sims 2 (downloaded the ultimate game 5 days ago). I've only started creating my sims yesterday. I created 4 sims on in game CAS and placed them on an empty lot on Desiderata Valley. As soon as the game started, I saved it and quit (it was 4 AM already). Meaning, I didn't get to play with my family at all. Today I run the "Hood Checker" just to check the status of my game, and it found some problems ( I didn't even start playing yet and my hood is already corrupted????). That's why I decided to reset my game and start again. But I want to at least be able to save the appearence of the sims I created, because I spent over 6 hours on CAS.
But the names of my sims don't show up on SimPE at all. I strictly followed the tutorial, using both "browse neighbourhood" and "open file" methods. And just to make sure I was indeed opening the right neighbourhood, I went through all the files in My Computer/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighbourhoods. Nope, none of the 4 sims I created yesterday appear in the poll list or Sim Description.
I just run The Sims 2 again and my family is still there, fully playable (two of my characters were fighting, even lol)

Anyone know what's happening here? Where can I find there files, if there's any? And most importantly, how to solve this.

I repeat: I SPENT OVER 6 HOURS CREATING THOSE SIMS, I NEED TO AT LEAST SAVE THEM

Seriously, I don't care about my neighbourhood, I'll just reset that. I just want my sims appearence.
Please, if anyone can help, I'll be forever grateful!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 7:21 AM Last edited by HobbesED : 20th Sep 2019 at 1:58 PM.
You say you "downloaded the ultimate game". A little more information is needed. Is this the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows? What version of SimPE are you using?

If you downloaded the Ultimate Collection for Windows the path to the game should be
....MyDocuments\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\....

Sims2 UC changed the path name to all of the game files. See if you have a The Sims2 Ultimate Collection folder as well as a The Sims 2 folder under the EA Games folder. Depending on which version of SimPE you are using, it may need to be updated to recognize the Sims2 Ultimate Collection folder paths.

If this isn't Sims2 UC on Windows, then someone else may have an idea.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
You say you "downloaded the ultimate game". A little more information is needed. Is this the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows? What version of SimPE are you using?

If you downloaded the Ultimate Collection for Windows the path to the game should be
....MyDocuments\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\....

Sims2 UC changed the path name to all of the game files. See if you have a The Sims2 Ultimate Collection folder as well as a The Sims 2 folder under the EA Games folder. Depending on which version of SimPE you are using, it may need to be updated to recognize the Sims2 Ultimate Collection folder paths.

If this isn't Sims2 UC on Windows, then someone else may have an idea.

Thank you for the reply!

I'm using it on Windows 8.1. I don't have a The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder, just a The Sims 2 folder under EA Games. The version o SimPE I downloaded was this: http://modthesims.info/d/30839/simp...sion-0-75f.html (Last update 18th Jul 2019)
Could it be that this version of SimPE is outdated? I can't check the official website.

Thanks again
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 4:13 AM Last edited by HobbesED : 21st Sep 2019 at 4:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ClariceDK
Thank you for the reply!

I'm using it on Windows 8.1. I don't have a The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder, just a The Sims 2 folder under EA Games. The version o SimPE I downloaded was this: http://modthesims.info/d/30839/simp...sion-0-75f.html (Last update 18th Jul 2019)
Could it be that this version of SimPE is outdated? I can't check the official website.

Thanks again

So is your game The Ultimate Collection? This is important as the paths are different between the UC and "normal" Sims 2.
Are you running the game from a shortcut? If so what is the path and executable that the game runs off?
For example, my shortcut (Sims2 UC on Win 7) shows for "Target"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe" -w
and for "Start In"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin"
. SimPE may be in a state of flux right now, I think, as support for it is a bit uncertain. Chris Hatch has updated it recently but I haven't followed what is the most recent version or where to get it. I'm running 73.44.37511 which is older but I have no issues with it. Once we determine what version of the Sims 2 you are running, then we can see if your version of SimPE has the correct paths to that version's game files.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#5 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:21 PM
Are all the sims showing up as Unknown? if not then the version of SimPE isn't relevant, it has found all of your sims.
Check that the language you use in game is the same as SimPE is set to use as SimPE is probably showing the sim's names in US English.

Current discussion on SimPE and updates is http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=630456
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
So is your game The Ultimate Collection? This is important as the paths are different between the UC and "normal" Sims 2.
Are you running the game from a shortcut? If so what is the path and executable that the game runs off?
For example, my shortcut (Sims2 UC on Win 7) shows for "Target"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe" -w
and for "Start In"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin"
. SimPE may be in a state of flux right now, I think, as support for it is a bit uncertain. Chris Hatch has updated it recently but I haven't followed what is the most recent version or where to get it. I'm running 73.44.37511 which is older but I have no issues with it. Once we determine what version of the Sims 2 you are running, then we can see if your version of SimPE has the correct paths to that version's game files.

Oh, forgive me!

I was using my "my documents" file, not the "Program Files". There I have the Ultimate Collection and all the expansion packs LOL

Anyways, I decided to play around with the Body Shop and found it more useful for sim creation. Ended up creating better sims than the previous ones. Anyways, thank you for taking your time to explain that to me. I'll make sure to set my SimPE to the right path now.