Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 9:46 PM
Default Is it possible to automatically assign the joints to a custom playable plush ?
Hello ^^

I'm experimenting with creating a custom plush.

It's a Sonic one, and I would like to have it playable like the base game's bear plush, for that, it seem that I need to assign the joints from the original plush to my custom toy.

Is there a way to do that automaticaly with Milkshape or Blender 2.71 ?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 5:39 PM
There are 2 actually! one being the manual way by just assigning them in Milkshape. Then there's the Meshtoolkit way, where you bascially fool the tool in making it *think* it's clothing but in reality it isn't. To do this, you want to merge whatever group you have, except for the shadowmesh (Just delete that one) And change it from 'group_0' into 'group_base'. Same for the reference mesh Then just only use the bone assignment tab and there you go!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:54 PM
Thanks for the tip @Greenplumbbob :D

I used the default options with the toolkit, and I think I'll still have to fix the feets and head manually in milkshape, though XD