Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 7:55 PM
I will not write pros and cons of Sims 2. But when you have reconciled already with the strange behavior of Sims in Sims 4, with its glitches and you think you just to play Sims 2 a little bit, you think that there is exactly the same situation. But when you went into the game and played a little in it, you'll be amazed. In the first graphics - it is very detailed in comparison with Sims 4. Maybe on this Sims 2 feels like a game of 2014 more than Sims 4, as someone here said. Secondly, this behavior of the characters: they behave adequately. They themselves satisfy their needs. They even clean their teeth themselves in the morning. Third: cut-scenes. It's just incredible. It's just necessary to see it. And the fourth: this is the facial expressions of the characters. You involuntarily start to smile looking at their facial expressions. :lovestruc

This is my opinion, everyone here has own opinion about games. And these all opinions have the right to exist.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 8:25 PM
If you're looking for a game that has a lot of charm in things that don't matter much but gives you immersion, like as Liza mention cinematics, i think TS2 might If not is the game for you that you're looking for. TS2 just has a lot of things that make you watch in awe with cosmetically sprinklers tossed in it. The sims even break forth-wall, which I find it amusing than creepy as others do. That's the compliment I could toss knowing confident that's hard to disagree on. I personally could leave without these perks, as I just said - they don't add much or anything to the gameplay other than pleasing simmer's eye.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jo-Anne
I’ve played Sims 3 for 8 years now without ever feeling the urge to waste my time doing something like this I assure you. Testing boundaries in terms of sandbox for me rather means ‘what will happen if I use University features to create an apartment, will it work’ (it does) and ‘will it be fun to play a homeless sim with a horse and a dog who will try to survive running a farm’ (don’t know yet) and ‘would it be possible to create a campground where my sims can spend their holidays in a tent with other guests and have a good time’ (don’t know yet either).

Okay, fair - for you. I wouldn't waste my time doing this either. But I am also not a Youtuber fishing for views.

I've seen far and away enough TS3 gameplay that suggests others feel/felt otherwise, and at times do get bored (or are just that kind of player) - doing all kinds of ridiculous world breaking nonsense.
For the record, I have TS3 installed right now, with all of the expansions. In many, many ways, a superior game, but with limitations... and there are quite a few things I end up missing from TS4. It's also harder (for me) to jump into and play for short periods of time than TS4. Chalk it up to lack of depth or what have you; but whether or not TS3 is the superior game or not is not really the topic at hand. Every thread seems to devolve into the same thing here, so - meh. I stand by my original sentiment, even great games have people testing boundaries and being silly after enough time has been clocked in. Seen enough people in real life or otherwise try to fall through the edge of game maps/jump invisible walls and explore pointless no man's land to consider this is not new or unique (or the 'fault' of TS4).

Also, it was indeed a subscriber landmark pun on Jame's part. (and it pulled in views, which pay his bills, thus drawing out the trend).
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:54 PM
Sims 2 is still the go-to version if you're in the mood to let your inner control freak fly - you can control just about everything. (But remember: just because you *can* do something, doesn't mean you *should*. Because game corruption is a thing. If you want to play Sims 2, check out the forum for it here, and folks will be glad to tell you the Thou Shalt Nots.) Sims 3 is also a great game, but it plays differently. (I have and play both.)

Both are sandbox games, btw. Story Progression is not a required feature for "sandbox."
Scholar
#31 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Sims 2 is still the go-to version if you're in the mood to let your inner control freak fly - you can control just about everything. (But remember: just because you *can* do something, doesn't mean you *should*. Because game corruption is a thing. If you want to play Sims 2, check out the forum for it here, and folks will be glad to tell you the Thou Shalt Nots.) Sims 3 is also a great game, but it plays differently. (I have and play both.)

Both are sandbox games, btw. Story Progression is not a required feature for "sandbox."

It would nice that Maxis would go back and fix the corruption issues of Sims 2 but we all know that would most likely never happen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 9:32 PM
Story Progression should be essential, but with a toggle.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#33 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 1:45 PM
Every sandbox has limitations , even rl ones. This is proven by the fact that I was told many times as kid to stop taking sand out of the sandbox Imo there is no point trying to define what makes a sandbox when it comes to games and whether a game is one. It might be more practical to compare the limits in those games instead and their features. Because those are by design and more easily compared.
Space Pony
#34 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
- Sims have more going for them and imo they're the closest to reaching the psychology of an human counterpart. They had fear, memories (long-lasting, unlike moodlets), personality points (unlike traits that define sim a that or that, sims could be less or more of something). Interest system, which depend whether the sim will have an easy/hard talking with someone that has something in common/uncommon to talk about. Chemistry determine what sim found attractive based on their physical/character attributes, such as get aroused by blonde sim but get turned off If they're fat, which I guess you can say open up possibilities to having stories and possibilities revolve around those qualities.
- Lots of flexibility of defining community lots, like no check-lists to complete. For the most part, objects distinguish the behavior of the lots.
- Attention to detail. (opening cabinets, realistic car-sim interaction animation, etc and etc)
- Babies are cute and more fun to play with.
- Certain npcs, such as social bunny or mr.s crumplebottom, made the game charming and quirky.
- OFB slays it.
- Apartments offer slots for four playable families to reside in, be played with any of them at any moment, visit any with the other without a loading sim, and you can reside in (theoretically) infinite number of towny residents depending how many doors are there available. Also, you can build the apartments anyhow and anywhere (with the help of cheats), which with other games it somehow had a catch in these or an exclusion.

Flaws:
- Very susceptible to literal obliteration (commonly known as a corruption), by even simple in-game provided available feature actions that are done by the player. Basically, you can fuck up a hood If not informed about such consequence by veteran players, because EA didn't gave a shit to do themselves and swept the mess under the rug instead.
- Some other flaws that I can't think off.

Those are just a few of the popular opinions. Somebody can fill in more.

My main complaint? SecuROM. *shudders* BAD EA, BAD EA! NO! THAT'S NOT HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS' COMPUTERS!
Page 2 of 2