Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help for Inteen, and other big mods?
Hey, I run a historic hood and need inteen. I use the Ultimate Collection, so which ep's version do I need to install? This also applies to other large mods, it seems.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:00 AM
You need the newest version, the one for AL.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
You need the newest version, the one for AL.

Thank you! Does that go for all large mods that are EP specific?
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:19 AM
Yes, since you have the UC, you have all EPs/SPs, so if you have a choice of versions for a mod, you want to pick the AL/M&G one. Sometimes a mod was never updated for later EPs, but they might still work. You just have to test and see. Adding mods slowly and testing before adding more is recommended, especially if you're going to be using Inteen, which conflicts with a lot of things and often requires messing about with load order before everything will work happily together.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:38 AM
InTeen conflicts with a lot of mods and the one I have used for the last 8-10 years is from Sims2Living at the booty.
See my Journal for more info. http://modthesims.info/journal.php?...SC&page=2&pp=10
S2L teen woohoo mod to me works way better without all the conflicts and is easy on the computer to use.

Inteen ages the teen to adult in teen body while pregnant where as S2L mod keeps them teen in age and body.
If you need help to install S2L just PM me.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:45 AM
Moving to help. I agree with marka, if you just want teen pregnancy use the other mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:47 AM
Inteen does more than enable teen pregnancy, though. It could be that OP wants it for those other things along with enabling teen woohoo/pregnancy. Sure, many of Inteen's functions have since been broken out into other mods -- Like the one that separately enables YA pregnancy/families at Uni -- but if you want "one stop shopping," it's still the way to go, IMO. And I would imagine that for OP, playing an historical game, Inteen's miscarriage function alone would be important, and AFAIK (Correct me if I'm wrong, of course!) there is no separate miscarriage mod. Some of its flavor paks are also useful and don't exist elsewhere.

Honestly, it doesn't fatally conflict with THAT many mods. The only ones I know of that do conflict that way include mods that make the game recognize extended family -- like giving siblings-in-law family flags so that they can't be romanced, but I wouldn't want that anyway because I wants my drama, precious -- and one of Chris Hatch's that allows visiting residential lots, which I WOULD like to have, but I can live without it. Most Inteen conflicts can be resolved with load order, which isn't THAT hard to test and set up. It just takes a bit of patience. There's really no reason to fear Inteen unless you're dead set on using extended-family-recognition mods.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 1:13 AM
I'm using it for incest, no age of consent, things like that. I don't know of any mods that would let you marry say, a cousin. Miscarriage is good, too. And honestly, Inteen is just about the only big mod I plan to use. Haven't seen anything else I need.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 1:39 AM
It plays nice with ACR too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neontardis
I'm using it for incest, no age of consent, things like that. I don't know of any mods that would let you marry say, a cousin. Miscarriage is good, too. And honestly, Inteen is just about the only big mod I plan to use. Haven't seen anything else I need.

I would get a few Object Mods: Bat Box from MATY ; The Sim Blender by twojeffs; The Sim Manipulator ; and The InSimenator {get the object version}, all of these are Objects and not Global Mods and won't conflict with anything, The Bat Box is good for a lot of debugging sort of stuff and the others are good for a variety of things and they allow you easily break family ties in game and allow Sims to marry anyone that you want. I am not sure which of the 3 latter ones is best, I have all of them and I pick which one I like best for what I am trying to do, I like all of them.

Allso there a few that help keep the game running and prevent problems: from MATY {http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/} nounlinkondelete, nocorruptdeath, antiredundancy, creaturefixes; from BoilingOil BO - No Sim Loaded , along with the required Smarter EP Check http://cyjon.net/node/323

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 4:10 AM
There is a UC version of InTeen. jase has returned.
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 3:22 PM

But...Inteen doesn't enable incest? It uses the same rules as a vanilla game in terms of who is allowed romantic interactions with whom. The game doesn't see second cousins as related, so those are fair game, but it will not allow first cousins to interact romantically. Inteen doesn't enable this, either. For that, you'd need an "incest mod," something that makes it so that more closely-related Sims aren't flagged as family or that does away with family flags altogether. I believe there is a mod that globally allows incest, but as I said, AFAIK all mods that affect who gets family flags or not will fatally conflict with Inteen, meaning that you can't use them together. I would imagine that this would include "incest mods," unless they work differently than I'm thinking they would. Other than that, there are some *ahem* "adult" objects that do not have family checks and that will allow "interaction" between any Sims regardless of family relationship. Those probably aren't objects that you're going to want in an historical game, though.

So your options...Well, if you are OK with cousins not actually being related to each other anymore -- Meaning, if the game's family trees aren't important to you -- you can get around the whole thing by breaking any family ties between your prospective couple. It's easily done in-game with something like the Sim Blender. Do that, and then all romantic interactions will be available between your pair. You only need Inteen for this if your couple consists of at least one teen and you want them to woohoo and marry and have babies and such while still teens.

Or, if family trees ARE important to you and you want to use Inteen...Well, you can use a hacked wedding arch to marry Sims that the game would otherwise see as too closely-related -- and it will also do things like allowing children to marry, which might be useful for an historical game, when betrothals between children and even between adults and children were common amongst the nobility -- but the romantic interactions will still not be available between your married couple. You can then manually get the couple pregnant with something like the Sim Blender or the game's "Tombstone of Life or Death," but without an incest mod you'd never be able to have the couple kiss or woohoo or anything. If this is the way you go, though, you really need Inteen for this, just a hacked wedding arch. Because even if your couple is two teens or a teen plus an adult, if they're too closely related they won't interact romantically. (Inteen + hacked wedding arch IS good for historical games, though, for the aforementioned child-betrothal thing as well as allowing you to marry Sims of any age who are strangers to each other or even antagonistic toward each other, which was also common in the "good old days." )

Or, incest mods might be compatible with other mods that enable just teen woohoo/pregnancy. Marka linked you to one and there are others. I don't know if this is the case because I've never used either incest mods OR any other teen-woohoo-enabling mod. But if you do that and it works, you'll obviously lose the things that Inteen exclusively has, including miscarriage. But you COULD handle that manually by making a rule that says that X% of pregnancies will miscarry, perhaps with an increasing chance of it with increasing maternal age, and then using a random number generator to "roll" a number between 1 and 100. If the rolled number is equal to or lower than the percentage you decided on; if it is, you can manually terminate pregnancies with something like the Sim Blender. In fact, there are always ways to do things without mods; it's just that mods are "easier" in the sense that it will make decisions for you, without you having to do any "bookkeeping."

Only you can decide if any of these are a good option for your game. But, like I said, Inteen doesn't enable incest, so if that's something you want, you'll need SOME sort of workaround.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
But...Inteen doesn't enable incest? It uses the same rules as a vanilla game in terms of who is allowed romantic interactions with whom. The game doesn't see second cousins as related, so those are fair game, but it will not allow first cousins to interact romantically. Inteen doesn't enable this, either. For that, you'd need an "incest mod," something that makes it so that more closely-related Sims aren't flagged as family or that does away with family flags altogether. I believe there is a mod that globally allows incest, but as I said, AFAIK all mods that affect who gets family flags or not will fatally conflict with Inteen, meaning that you can't use them together. I would imagine that this would include "incest mods," unless they work differently than I'm thinking they would. Other than that, there are some *ahem* "adult" objects that do not have family checks and that will allow "interaction" between any Sims regardless of family relationship. Those probably aren't objects that you're going to want in an historical game, though.

So your options...Well, if you are OK with cousins not actually being related to each other anymore -- Meaning, if the game's family trees aren't important to you -- you can get around the whole thing by breaking any family ties between your prospective couple. It's easily done in-game with something like the Sim Blender. Do that, and then all romantic interactions will be available between your pair. You only need Inteen for this if your couple consists of at least one teen and you want them to woohoo and marry and have babies and such while still teens.

Or, if family trees ARE important to you and you want to use Inteen...Well, you can use a hacked wedding arch to marry Sims that the game would otherwise see as too closely-related -- and it will also do things like allowing children to marry, which might be useful for an historical game, when betrothals between children and even between adults and children were common amongst the nobility -- but the romantic interactions will still not be available between your married couple. You can then manually get the couple pregnant with something like the Sim Blender or the game's "Tombstone of Life or Death," but without an incest mod you'd never be able to have the couple kiss or woohoo or anything. If this is the way you go, though, you really need Inteen for this, just a hacked wedding arch. Because even if your couple is two teens or a teen plus an adult, if they're too closely related they won't interact romantically. (Inteen + hacked wedding arch IS good for historical games, though, for the aforementioned child-betrothal thing as well as allowing you to marry Sims of any age who are strangers to each other or even antagonistic toward each other, which was also common in the "good old days." )

Or, incest mods might be compatible with other mods that enable just teen woohoo/pregnancy. Marka linked you to one and there are others. I don't know if this is the case because I've never used either incest mods OR any other teen-woohoo-enabling mod. But if you do that and it works, you'll obviously lose the things that Inteen exclusively has, including miscarriage. But you COULD handle that manually by making a rule that says that X% of pregnancies will miscarry, perhaps with an increasing chance of it with increasing maternal age, and then using a random number generator to "roll" a number between 1 and 100. If the rolled number is equal to or lower than the percentage you decided on; if it is, you can manually terminate pregnancies with something like the Sim Blender. In fact, there are always ways to do things without mods; it's just that mods are "easier" in the sense that it will make decisions for you, without you having to do any "bookkeeping."

Only you can decide if any of these are a good option for your game. But, like I said, Inteen doesn't enable incest, so if that's something you want, you'll need SOME sort of workaround.

Oh, derp. Tbh not a huge deal either I'll just use SimBlender.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 2:18 PM

You can do incest in game without mods.

Testing cheats must be turned on.
1. Both must be adult in age and on the same lot. (So if you want teens then you must age them up to adult first.)
2. Select 1 of them then shift click the mailbox and "set pregnancy relationship with" the adult relative you want it with. (You may need to "Prime for Romance" first then set the "pregnancy relationship" for marriage.)
3. Age teens back down to teen age.
(This will keep them related in the family tree.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158