Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 12:07 AM
Default Things In Sims 4 That You Miss From Previous Installments
I recall a thread topic like this in Sims 3, so why not see what people say for Sims 4?

Odd as it may sound, but I really miss the cuddling that romantically-connected Sims do in bed. In the previous games, a couple Sim would cuddle up when going to sleep.
And then the morning cuddling. This was something missing in Sims 3 already, but Sims 2 had it. In the morning, if a couple Sim was awake, but had nothing queued up and no reason to leave the bed, the two would cuddle in bed for a bit. It's odd and it's actually a small thing, but it is something that I really miss. It feels like the difference between friendship and romance in Sims 4 is just if they will sleep in the same bed as another Sim or refuse to do so.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 12:47 AM
This is gonna be a rant topic. oh well
-Please bring back 'make bed' interaction. I want my messy bed back.
-Make store useful again by removing a fridge fee per plate.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:26 AM
I feel like this thread is a trap for me, and I’m not falling for it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:21 AM
Slow dancing and couples looking at each other when they talk.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:44 AM
I think this topic was done into the ground already over the past few years.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 9:43 AM
Terrain Editor
Color Wheels
Neighborhood Editor
House boats
and I kinda miss the resort hotels.

Although I am a little happy that I have seasons now at least. (although now I miss the dynamic skate rinks etc in the parks)

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 10:51 AM
A super random thing: working out to the stereos and TVs. Unless that was added in Fitness Stuff or something.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 1:33 PM
I randomly remembered something. I miss being able to control the seasons... in a certain way.
I can choose how long I want the seasons to be to an extent, but in Sims 3, I was able to customize it more. Even turn off certain seasons, so if I chose to play in a world that I determined was having winter year-round I could do it. I can sorta see not being able to do that with the simple travelling in Sims 4 to Oasis Spring, but... but Sims 2 had a way for that! Remember how the University had Autumn as its starting seasons? And how, in Bon Voyage, the tropical location had Summer year-round? So, it wouldn't be that difficult to implement, I think. Theoretically.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 2:46 PM
Blenders.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I think this topic was done into the ground already over the past few years.

Besides, people just moan about TS4 and what it lacks from other installments everywhere where is there to discuss about TS4.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:18 PM
Since this ends up being the topic of every thread in this forum I'll try to limit this to the things people usually don't ask for lol

- Realaxing on beds instead of sitting on the sides like they're couches.
- The floating pool lounge chairs
- Lounge chairs in general
- Imaginary Friends. Yes. I'm serious.
- Building igloos
- Building robots
- Burgulars
- Playable Sims being arrested and not just randomly generated townies
- The Club Dancing animation
- Nectar Making
- Swimmable oceans
- Boating
- Beach lots
- Finding small animals in the wild and keeping them as pets
- The self employment system from Ambitions
- TS2 Memories

There are a bunch of little things I could include from TS2, but then we'd be here all day

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 6:31 PM
A family tree that doesn't "forget" who the ancestors were.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:47 AM
There was the petition that listed/noted I think 84 items missing from 3 as I recall. No point in going over it all again at this point IMO.
Scholar
#15 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 3:24 AM
What I really miss the most is wants and fears, and an attraction system. Also personality points. But wants and fears would really elevate Sims 4 out of the black hole it is now.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#16 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 3:35 AM
These were missing in 3 as well, not sure of a better name but. Lopsided relationships? In 2 your sim could like another sim but that sim could have a terrible relationship with yours.
And also attractions. I could understand them not present in 3 considering CAST, atleast the hair/eye color related ones, but when 4 went back to swatches...it was a bit of a bummer that it didn't come back.

FOR THE HORDE
Alchemist
#17 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 12:18 PM
Since I haven't fired it up in about three months, I guess I would have to start playing it again to figure it out. I guess the obvious thing is the open world.
Scholar
#18 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 3:40 PM
The historical and more cultural aspects. Sims 3 was a bit caricature-y but it still had options. I'll play the cookie cutter life from time to time but I always return to farming/sustenance/village lifestyle. I grew up on simulation games & mmorpgs so the sims 3 has always been that happy medium between the two for me. None of that with sims 4...which I havent played in nearly 2 years.
Scholar
#19 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 5:24 PM
Customizable community lots would be fantastic to have back. You don't know how much you miss it until they remove it lol. Community lots in Sims 4 is so meh, bleh even, that it's more of a hassle to take sims to the community lots than not. I play with littlemssam's mods to give them a little flavor, and man does it help alot. I wish we could have it similar to Sims 2 where you just had to put the objects down for npc's to spawn. These community lot 'types' are just stupid, a really stupid stupid idea.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 2:57 AM
I absolutely DESPISE the 'save' system where every new game has the exact same sims. Every time I feel like staring something new in TS4, I get discouraged by having to delete all the stupid Maxis-sims and then creating new sims in their place, so I never end up playing at all.
I want the ability to create empty neighbourhoods like in TS2, where it's possible to spawn all completely new townies.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:11 AM
I miss the challenge Sims 2 had. In Sims 4, it's too easy to make friends, get promoted, and keep your needs up. In Sims 2, it took real effort to do these things. Social interaction was different with each sim. Some sims liked joking around while others prefer being admired. In Sims 4, almost every friendly and funny interaction gets a positive response from every sim. In Sims 2, you would have to wait for the career you want to have an opening. This could take days. After you got your chosen career, you had to worry about chance cards. One wrong answer could get you demoted or even fired. I also dislike Sims 4's whims and would much rather have wants and fears. I like playing Sims 4 and prefer a few of its features over Sims 2's like getting to visit friends and multi-tasking. I just wish it was more of a challenge.

TL;DR - Sims 4 is too easy and needs more challenge like Sims 2.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 1:06 PM
I forgot all about having to wait for a job opening for a specific career, and the most common one was always slacker.

I’m so used to opening a job and just picking a job, or applying in person.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Blenders.

Blenders were in previous installments?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#24 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 4:40 PM Last edited by Apsalar : 26th Aug 2018 at 8:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Blenders were in previous installments?

I used blenders food processors all the time in Sims 2 because not using them took so much longer.

Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:37 AM
I thought those were food processors?
Page 1 of 3