Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5526 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:57 AM
Don't let your Sims play water balloons for hours on end. I just had one tip over frozen. Could be a weird mod.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5527 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 1:01 AM
Hours on end? Then you do not need mods for frozen to happen. Playing this game is making our sims get cold after a while, and you will agree, it make sense. I often use this trick when my sims are getting too hot in summer. Sending them play water ballon for a while gets them back to green...but too long, they will get cold indeed...they get wet man...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5528 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:03 AM
Ghosts can mess around with the stereo. I saw a ghost near one and then the song kept changing on it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#5529 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:40 AM
dunno if this has been said, but today i was playing in pleasantview and dina and cassandra were talking... then the eyeglass test icon popped up and she proceeded to cover her eye and act like she was taking the test herself! lol i was laughing along with dina.
Mad Poster
#5530 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:32 AM
I think it's kinda cute when a child tries to train a dog - the kid's like "Storf! Moofah!" Such a cute name for a pet! Especially if you're trying to train a WOLF! Heheheheh...
Mad Poster
#5531 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:00 AM
Unless I misunderstood the object description, it appears that the TeenStar PC allows teenagers to get adult jobs without having to age them up and then back down!

Mad Poster
#5532 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:23 AM
Interesting... so... basically suspending child labour laws? Eh... I kinda think mandatory school is crud anyways. Then again, this is from someone who was harassed a lot in school.
Mad Poster
#5533 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Ghosts can mess around with the stereo. I saw a ghost near one and then the song kept changing on it.

They'll also do that with TVs if I remember correctly.
Lab Assistant
#5534 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:42 PM
It's unfortunate you can't really use the public lot coffee maker (the one where normally a person would appear behind) in sim-owned OFB commercial activities, great wasted opportunity.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Forum Resident
#5535 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:49 PM
There’a definitely a mod for that, but the exact one has escaped my mind at the moment.
Mad Poster
#5536 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:20 PM
I don't know about a mod but you can hire a townie to man it, you just can't employ a playable barista for some reason.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5537 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:43 PM
If you use a multi-PT mod, you can put the character files (though not the controller!) into your neighbourhood's Characters folder and HoodChecker and SimPE will both be able to detect them.

Mad Poster
#5538 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:36 PM
Really? That would mean, I would not see my 4 alien sims in BS anymore? That'd be great.
EDIT :
Does not seem to work for me. I moved all 4 to my character folder, ran hood checker..found nothing. They usually show up in there.

Mad Poster
#5539 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 11:37 PM
I meant HoodChecker will stop complaining that they have no character files.

Mad Poster
#5540 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:40 AM
Oh..this is different! So...with all 4 aliens in the Character folder, the game seems them, SimPE sees them, even Hood checker. No need to rename them like all character files in there either?

Mad Poster
#5541 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:51 AM
I didn't rename them.

Mad Poster
#5542 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:35 AM
A few discoveries:

1. Fire can't spread through doors or archways. The latter is a bit unrealistic but considering that the arches are really just doorways without any animations or locking options it makes sense from a technical standpoint.

2. Objects cloned from the hamster cage don't seem to be affected by twojeff's caged pet fixes. My Sim kept waking up whenever the brick in his cage used the wheel.

3. With moveobjects on, you can pick up the individual chess pieces and use the M key to move them around on the chess board. It causes the animations to glitch slightly.

4. The stack of phone books that children sit on when playing chess has some odd lettering that doesn't look like Simlish:

The top line looks like it's backwards for "asdtst dtasd asdt." So much for it being a hidden easter egg.

Mad Poster
#5543 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 12:36 PM
Cowplants don't seem to reset if not milked. This is a great way to make your Secret Society lot safer.

1. Let somebody get eaten by the cowplant. DO NOT milk it!
2. Resurrect the dead sim if desired. I recommend using this mod that allows you to immediately turn resurrected sims back into townies again. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6849.0.html
3. Leave the cowplant alone now that its udder is full. It doesn't seem to reset if you never milk it, so is shouldn't ever tempt anybody with the cake again.
Mad Poster
#5544 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 1:26 PM
2. Objects cloned from the hamster cage don't seem to be affected by twojeff's caged pet fixes. My Sim kept waking up whenever the brick in his cage used the wheel.

Do you remember where you got the brick wormrat? I've seen it several times lately and find I must have one.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5545 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:24 PM
@smorbie1 - took me a bit to find it: http://modthesims.info/d/471596

Mad Poster
#5546 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:39 PM
Thank you, love. This is adorable!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5547 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:53 PM
Just keep it in the hallway or your Sims will never get any sleep.

Scholar
#5548 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:18 PM
If you use the teleporter cat to move a townie teen into a household and adopt him, the adopters will show up as his parents in his family tree, but he will keep his own surname. I like that - I can well imagine that orphans adopted as teens might want to keep the surname of their birth parents. Ricky Cormier is keeping his own name for now, but I might change it later, either to make Cormier his middle name or to give him a double-barreled surname.
Mad Poster
#5549 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 8:11 PM
You can also move in a teen or kid and foster them - they'll still get the orphaned sims grant that way.
Mad Poster
#5550 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 8:55 PM
That only works if there's dead parents in the tree. If there aren't any at all, no scholarship.

Page 222 of 445