Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 8:00 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 16th Feb 2018 at 7:29 PM.
Default Welcome to Sedona: The Desert Hamlet
AliaD85: It's been a while since my invite to the group from Emperor Cat (THANKS AGAIN!), but so much was going on with my game that I really didn't have time to chronicle it all. Currently, there is a lot going on in both of my neighborhoods. However, it's easier to begin with the smaller neighborhood. (For the sake of my sanity if nothing else.) So here is Sedona (my version).

I originally planned to explain to you the history I created for my version of Sedona, which was created by the amazing Hood Building Group (http://modthesims.info/d/563454). However, that's not my style. It's neither my writing style nor my personality.

Beginning with the next post, you'll hear about Sedona in full with all the dirty details (Not that dirty. Honestly!). We'll be starting in the town's current crisis. You'll receive a lot of information on the characters, their personalities, and their histories, but it won't be through my boring narration. It will be through the sims' thoughts and actions.

Finally, here's some funny advice. Google Sedona! It's an actual city in Arizona, but not as awesome as the versions my fellow creators and I have made! Now, with that out of the way...

UPDATED AS OF FEBRUARY 16, 2018

WARNING : For those that are sensitive about sim sexuality, alien sexuality, sim/sim alien behaviors, infidelity, dystopian/matriarchal societies, violent behavior (mildly described) within those societies, general violence, human/alien experimentation, vague mentions of child neglect/abuse, male pregnancy or whatever you think actually happens when a sim is alien abducted, mild domestic abuse, and very likely murder, PLEASE read with caution. (And yes, I may add more warnings later.) Also, on a side note, I tend to do more male/male pairings than any other couple. Again, please read with caution.

Otherwise, welcome to my little desert hamlet, Sedona!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:24 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 20th May 2018 at 7:32 PM.
The Fletcher Household:

Ethan Fletcher, newly elected mayor (and only city official), walked up to the renovated town hall of Sedona with a little proud smile. This building marked his first real accomplishment in years after moving to Sedona. The small hamlet was isolated, but the strange natives were welcoming and kind. Sedona offered Ethan the type of atmosphere he never received in SimCity. Despite the way his life ended in SimCity, he was grateful to start over.

Thankful for the warm welcome of him and his little wine vineyard, he wanted to return the gesture. The one thing everyone desperately wanted in Sedona was local town services. He wasn't surprised to hear about the lack of services in Sedona. It truly was a small place, however, the recent population boom at least called for very basic services. What stunned Ethan was how insistent SimCity was about keeping tax funds they received from Sedona citizens. They didn't believe the hamlet would exist long enough to deserve actual services.

That was absolute nonsense considering the rather large military base hidden in the nearby valley, but Ethan wasn't discouraged. He had quite the political background after all. He'd waited patiently until the next round of elections in SimCity to visit. It had taken quite a bit of schmoozing and pulling one or two old resources to convince SimCity to return Sedona tax money for open their own services. The small town now had a police officer, a fireman, an old firetruck and police car, and a library. There was even enough money for Ethan to convince SimCity officials to renovated the crumbling town hall that hadn't been used in years to house the new services.

Ethan narrowed his eyes and made sure that the Xmas lights he'd bought on sale held on the building one more time before going inside to light the Christmas Trees. The town hall had to be perfect.

It was the first time in years that all of Sedona's residents would convene in one place. Old and new residents would be meeting with a SimCity official and a representative from a building company specifically selected by the local military base. The subject was very important to their little hamlet, and Ethan worried about how it would all end. Sedona was asking the SimCity Board of Education to provide a school for their small region.

Ethan paused hearing the phone ring from the library. He rushed through the hallway to the library phone. "Sedona library, this is Ethan. How may I help you?" Silently, Ethan wondered when the townsfolk elected him as mayor did they also mean to elect him as the local librarian. At least this earned him two small paychecks instead of one.

"Ah, um," a voice stumbled awkwardly over the phone and Ethan smiled, as he instantly recognized Kirk Barrett, Sedona native and local mechanic.

"Good morning, Kirk. What can I do for you?"

A huff of relief was heard over the phone. "Right. Ethan, is the meeting tonight?"

"Yes. Meeting starts at 7 pm. Hopefully, SimCity actually shows up but I doubt it. Are you attending?"

"I plan to come along with Dr. Beaker." Ethan struggled not to laugh at that. "Are you expecting a lot of people?"

"I expect the whole town to show up. We know most of our local parents will definitely arrive. No one wants a two hour bus commute to and from a school!"

"You're right. I certainly wouldn't want that for my child. Um, ah... Not that I'm planning that or anything."

"Right...." Ethan shook his head with a grin. After a few reassurances that he had everything in hand, Ethan hung up and headed for the main meeting area of the town hall.

Standing in the front of the room, Ethan took a deep breath and silently hoped that the meeting would end well. A school brought everyone hope that Sedona would continue to grow. Were the people strange and different? Absolutely, but everyone came to love their new home. They wanted the best for it.

The little desert hamlet provided Ethan with the hope and home he'd desperately needed after SimCity. If he was lucky, he could give it back.

(AliaD85: Are my pictures too big? Should I make them smaller?)

It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:46 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 15th Sep 2017 at 4:04 PM.
@AliaD85 I like The Fletcher Household and Ethan Fletcher. Ethan seems interesting.

I think your Story so far is quite interesting and I am looking forward to more.

I am not that sensitive myself so no worries as far as I am concerned.

Your Pictures are fine as they are, no need to make them smaller at all.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:03 AM
I hope the whole town does show up for the meeting, and that Sedona can get a school. That would help your little town thrive. Ethan has his work cut out for him!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:21 AM
Lari Household:

Tarek mopped up the remaining water used to clean the new bathroom floor tile. He nodded absently as he listened to the continued babbling of the man- well... The alien behind him making sure the new shower head was installed properly.

"Thankfully, the company provides free delivery services. We should more than enough materials to add a second floor to our hom- the house. Now, that the bathroom is finished, I can begin building as soon as John and David begin their education."

Tarek pretended he'd missed the stumbled words and nodded. "That's a good idea. We definitely need a bigger house." With two adults and two early pre-schoolers, there simply wasn't enough room in the formerly one bedroom house. When the twins were very young, Tarek's finances were extremely low, but a second person in the house helped tremendously. In the beginning, Tarek had been hesitant to have his sons' other parent involved in their lives, but in the end, it was the best decision he'd ever made.

Haneul was a wonderful father, co-parent, and friend. When Tarek was burning the midnight oil studying beekeeping and giving financial advice online to earn money, Haneul was caring for their busy twins and learning how to knit blankets to sell online. The alien was also a wizard when it came to building and mechanics and occasionally earned a little cash helping the local mechanic. Without Haneul's help, it would have been impossible to renovate the kitchen, bathrooms, and add an additional bedroom for the twins to share.

A second floor would give the small family more room. While Haneul never complained, Tarek didn't like that his friend - because they were friends now - was sleeping on an air mattress in Tarek's bedroom. Haneul was so grateful for a place to sleep near his children for a short time.

Months later, Tarek realized something else after Haneul's continued presence in his home. He didn't like how surprised Haneul acted at any act of kindness.

"I have finished!" Haneul examined the tile and head of the new shower as he stepped out. Tarek set aside his mop as Hanuel asked, "What would you like for breakfast?"

Tarek immediately opened his mouth to say pancakes but knew Haneul was still on his Japanese culture kick. "Anything's good for me."

Which is how Hanuel ended up eating homemade Japanese Ramen while Tarek grabbed a couple bagels. He thought it was ridiculous to have ramen for a morning meal, but Tarek wouldn't complain. Haneul was a great cook and quite happy with his current meal. The alien in question was slowly eating his ramen with a peaceful smile. He never ate his meals quickly.

Looking at the alien, Tarek noticed a few long stands of Haneul's hair peeking out of the baseball cap he'd received from his friend Goker. He felt a bit like an idiot for not noticing. "I have a question."

"Of course." Haneul looked at Tarek expectantly.

"Adam and Goker both had hair, but when you arrived, you didn't have any? Why not? I mean is it because it grows so fast?" Tarek trailed off at the end of his question as he literally watched Hanuel's expression turn plastic. He didn't think it was possible to see an alien pale.

"Ah. I-it actually depends - depended on your caste. Adam has genius level intelligence and was the top of his field. Goker was actually born into a... high status household." Tarek raised an eyebrow at that odd wording. "I was born into the lowest level caste, and the lack of hair was meant to reflect that."

Tarek had a feeling the answers he received had a lot of hidden meaning, but he decided not to chase that information today. "Right. Are we still going to this meeting tonight?"

Haneul immediately livened back up. "Yes! The opportunity to have a school nearby instead of two hours away is not one to be passed up."

Tarek rolled his eyes. "So says the mother hen who just wants the twins close by."

It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:17 AM
@AliaD85 Love the Lari Household.

Tarek and Haneul living together is great.

I love a mystery and there seems like one here.

Great pics.

Also you all know that I love Aliens.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:25 PM
Yes, there seems to be quite a mystery in the Lari house; it will be fun to see what it is.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:31 AM
Arizona Household:

Goker quietly closed the door behind him and stood for a moment, staring out into space.

Dakota turned from the stove. One look at his brother's face made him sigh. His nephews had been fighting again. "Breakfast is ready!"

Goker flinched in surprise before giving his brother a smile. "What did you cook?"

Dakota held up two bowls of strawberry oatmeal. He wasn't much of a cook, an embarrassing lack of skill from his early years, but he'd learned enough to provide for himself. Now, he could provide a meal for his brother and nephews. "It's rather cold out, so you need something warm."

"That's sounds wonderful!" Goker's body temperature was slightly lower than his brother's warmer human body. During the current desert winter, he enjoyed the warm/hot meals his brother made. Goker knew that cooking was not one of his skills.

The two men sat at their small kitchen table for breakfast. Dakota glanced at the closed nursery. Technically, it was no longer in business as the toddlers once attending his daycare would be attending a local (distant) school soon. Of course, Dakota wasn't sure if his brother would send his children. Sylven and Lucien weren't quite socially ready to interact with other children, despite Dr. Beaker's encouragement.

"Are you sure you want to watch all of the children tonight?" Goker knew his brother was a caretaker but taking care of 6 children alone was a bit much.

Dakota smiled in honest excitement. "Ah they're good kids! If I give them something to do, they'll be busy most of the night! Besides, this will give John, David, Janus and Kale the chance to meet the Spurlock twins before they start school together." Dakota paused and looked at the nursery door again. "Are you sure you don't want to attend the school meeting tonight? The boys can join the other children."

"I do not believe the twins are prepared for socializing just yet." It was painful to admit. The moment he'd known they existed, Goker had loved his children. They were the very reason he'd risked his life escaping to Earth. Yet, he had little peace when he placed his boys together. It should be impossible for children so young to despise each other. His boys did, and it broke the alien's heart.

"Dr. Beaker said it would be a good thing. They should meet other children!"

"Not when all they do is-," Goker paused when he heard yelling followed by a smack and loud sobbing from the nursery. Dakota's shoulders sank as his brother rushed to check on his children.

The human wondered how long it would be before the twins fully recovered from their time in Aaron Atkin's home.

CREATOR'S NOTE: The twins are the reason I desperately need a inTeen compatible Lecture interaction.

It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 4:29 PM
@AliaD85 oh now the Arizona Household. With Yet Another Mystery, this time in this case what happened in Aaron Atkin's home and why were the twins there in the first place.

I like Goker The Alien and Dakota the human brother they are kind of mysterious too.

6 children, Goker has 6 that are his? OK we have John, David, Janus and Kale with the Spurlock twins. Are the Spurlock twins the ones that fight each other all of the time?

Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
CREATOR'S NOTE: The twins are the reason I desperately need a inTeen compatible Lecture interaction.

inTeen has a large number of incompatiable Mods and that is the major reason I don't use it. I would uninstall it personally. I woul offer help if I knew anything in particular about inTeen. AFAIk the only thing you get with inTeen that you can't get with other Mods or Object mods is having teens get preganant, is there another reason you use it besides Teen Pregnancy?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@AliaD85 oh now the Arizona Household. With Yet Another Mystery, this time in this case what happened in Aaron Atkin's home and why were the twins there in the first place.

I like Goker The Alien and Dakota the human brother they are kind of mysterious too.

6 children, Goker has 6 that are his? OK we have John, David, Janus and Kale with the Spurlock twins. Are the Spurlock twins the ones that fight each other all of the time?

inTeen has a large number of incompatiable Mods and that is the major reason I don't use it. I would uninstall it personally. I woul offer help if I knew anything in particular about inTeen. AFAIk the only thing you get with inTeen that you can't get with other Mods or Object mods is having teens get preganant, is there another reason you use it besides Teen Pregnancy?

Not particularly. It's mostly teen pregnancy and the slight risk of miscarriage (which is bad but I wanted it in my game), but before I installed it, I didn't know that it had many incompatible mods. This is actually the first one I've stumbled across (Lecture Mod). Honestly, I'm sort of fascinated by Goker's twins. I've never had siblings that disliked each other before in my gameplay. I have to wonder if Goker lecturing would even work really.

And no. Goker only has his two sons. Dakota is babysitting for Tarek and Haneul's twins, the Spurlock twins and the Collinsworth twins. You'll see those households coming up really soon. It's just not a good idea to bring small children to a town meeting where the adults need to pay close attention to what's going on.

Goker and Dakota are siblings though actually half-siblings. They share a parent! And as for the twins living with Aaron in their early lives? That's coming up next too! :D

It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 7:56 PM
Collinsworth Household:

It was a rare moment in the Collinsworth house. Only the rapid tapping of computer keys were heard in the normally busy residence. Yet, the two adults reveled in the opportunity to enjoy a quiet morning atmosphere.

Pushing up his glasses, Phil fought a blush as he continued typing through a rather romantic chapter of his latest book. He never thought he was the type of person to write risque Sci-Fi novels, but he'd been in desperate need of money to care for his newborn sons. Thankfully, the lastest book was half finished, much to his embarrassed relief, but his publisher and editor were pushing for a new series now that his first trilogy was almost complete. His dumb books had turned out moderately successful.

Phil had a few ideas for a new series, but he would need to speak to his partner about them first. He knew that some of the topics he considered adding to his new series would be a bit sensitive to the residents of their little community.

Phil had a lot of new friends, and he didn't want to lose any because he poked at old hurts. Goker and Phil's partner would be fine, but Tarek had told Phil of Haneul's night terrors. Phil really hoped Haneul finally saw Dr. Beaker about those.

With the aliens in his mind, Phil glanced out of the corner of his eye to his smiling partner meditating on his floor.

Adam was actually taking a moment to rest his mind. Phil was quite thankful for it, too. Between his work with Dr. Beaker, his tutoring and care of their children, his research on humanity, and, lately, his need to drive Phil insane with his mothering, the alien was usually quite busy. Thankfully, he was doing something about his restless nature by meditating.

Phil really needed to suggest a busier occupation for Adam. Despite his busy schedule, Adam need more to do with their children heading off to school. There was no way Phil wanted him home all the time. Despite the happiness in their romantic relationship, Phil didn't need someone hovering over him because of his health condition!

"I have every reason to be concerned."

Phil flinched. He hated when Adam read his mind so easily. Stupid, gifted genius alien. Adam stood from the floor with a concerned look on his face. "You are human. It's understandable that I am worried for your health."

"I'm fine!" Phil stood and walked over to Adam. "Dr. Beaker said that everything was perfect. There's no reason to be worried. Let's just keep our minds on one thing at a time. We have the town hall tonight! Dakota already called, so we can drop Janus and Kale off with him."

Adam wasn't particularly pleased at the change of subject but decided to leave it alone for the time. He would speak to Dr. Beaker again about the blood test results. Both the doctor and Adam knew that something wasn't quite right.

This wasn't suppose to happen again.

It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 3:46 AM
Great updates! @AliaD85, I feel for you with the problems you're having with Goker's twins.
Maybe when they are older, they'll find it easier to get along.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 9:11 AM
I say great update @AliaD85 as well.

The various Siblings in my game as well as housemates growing up in the same house don't seem to fight or argue. Though I have several that give each other noogies, even boyfriend and girlfriend couples give noogies to each other.

I love how your story is progressing. I am enjoying the wait for more revealing information.

Phil and Adam remind me a little of Kirk and Spock, with The Alien being Spock of course.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:42 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 9th Oct 2017 at 6:14 PM.
The Sedona Town Hall / Fletcher Household:

"Do you think this will go well, Fletcher?" Peter-Paul van Groeningen asked Ethan as people gathered inside the town hall meeting room.

Ethan shook his head. "I'm optimistic, but I don't trust SimCity for a minute. They aren't known to provide services or money to anyone outside of the major parts of the city."

"Yet they still expect us to pay taxes." Anitra Bennemo complained as she walked up to the two men. Ethan's part-time secretary, and the town's only hairdresser, continued, "Ethan, the lady from the construction firm is here. She said she has some information for our mayor before the meeting starts. She's waiting for you in your office." Ethan's office being the police station/fire station/mayor's office.

"Thanks, Anitra! Peter-Paul, I'll talk to you later." With his quick goodbye, Ethan walked through the small group hovering in the hallway walking toward the meeting room.

Ethan waved quickly to Tarek, Hanuel, Phil, Adam, a few of the officers from the local military base and other residents heading to their seats in the meeting room. He paused at the glass door of his office to smile at a few late arrivals. Dr. Beaker nodded respectfully as Kirk Barrett waved to Ethan. Surprisingly, the two men were followed closely by Patient L, who smiled weakly at Ethan. The mayor of Sedona loudly greeted the trio before dipping into his office and immediately freezing in complete shock.
(Alia: I took an amazing picture and now I can't find it. I'll replace it later.)

Ethan stared at the young woman even as she smiled shyly at him. "Hello, Ethan."

"W-what are you doing here?" Ethan took a step back, bumping into the door.

The woman blushed before raising the presentation board and briefcase she carried. "Ethan, I'm the representative for D & D Dreamer Building Systems. The military contracted our company for any commercial building in the area."

Ethan felt horrified that the last person in the world he wanted to be near was in his office, in his new town. He wanted to run home and hide from the memories bubbling up in the woman's presence, but his friends were waiting for them. He cleared his throat. "Of course. We're happy to have you."

She said nothing about the obvious lie.

"Well, the meeting is about to begin now. If you're ready, please follow me." He quickly turned to exit the door, ignoring the soft plea of his name. He wasn't ready to deal with that situation just yet.

Ethan, and the Dreamer Building System employee, entered the meeting room. Many people were still gathered in the back of the group to greet friends and talk. Others had already taken their seats. The volume of the diverse group of folk quieted as Ethan and his surprised guest entered, but the whispered conversations continued.

The blond woman stumbled a bit as she set up her tripod and presentation board. She couldn't help but stare at a few of the people with oddly colored skin and disturbing eyes. She had never seen anything like it. The people appeared human but seemed almost... alien.

Ethan saw the fearful expression and quickly whispered, "I know it looks strange, but it's really unfortunate. A failed experiment by one of the mad scientists at the local base over twenty years ago. It contaminated the local water and created some odd side effects in a few of our locals over the years." At least that was the story Sedona residents gave.

The architect relaxed immediately and stood beside a nervous Ethan, waiting to begin the town hall. "But they're all right?"

"Depends on how this meeting goes."

Clearing his throat, Ethan looked out at the worried and eager faces. He waved those in the back to take their seats as he greeted his constituents. "Good evening, everyone. I want to welcome you all to the our first town meeting in..." Ethan blinked, "A very long time!" Ethan paused, waiting for the laughter to die down.

"Of course, we've all gathered for a very important venture. Our little hamlet is growing quickly, and we need a school closer to our area, not two hours away. Here to discuss that with us is a representative from D & D Dreamer Building Systems."

"Everyone please say hello to Lexie Love," 'My wife' Ethan thought silently.

It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 9:50 PM
I like how supportive Dakota is to his brother and nephews. He seems to be a very nice man, a caretaker as Goker noted, and someone who wants very much to do the right things.

I've never had siblings not get along; that looks like a real challenge.

Hmmm, I wonder what is wrong with Phil's health, and if he'll face up to it and let Adam help him.

I also wonder how the situation with Lexie and Ethan will affect how she works for (or against) a local school for Sedona.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:49 AM
I like the comment and explanation regarding the Aliens.

I hope that Ethan does not have big problems with his wife Lexie.

Facinating story line as per usual and like always I am awaiting the next installment.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 6:26 PM
I just wanted to say I read this all last night and really enjoyed it. Curious to see if Tarek and his PT will maybe fall in love, what will happen with the town and Ethan, and Adam and Phil!! I feel bad for the Atkins twins, I like Goker and Dakota, I hope the twins can eventually get along. If you decide to continue (or if you have a simblr where you're posting this story I'd love to follow) you will definitely have another reader.

You can spy on my sims on tumblr @ejsims
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 2:34 PM
Wow, what an interesting town @AliaD85 !

I really like your aliens- I think Haneul is my favourite so far.

What a lot of mysteries we are encountering- I'll definitely be reading when you update again! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 5:53 AM
@simsample @lilyeverlasting Sorry for the long wait you guys, but thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my little hamlet. I want to post, and have the pics for it, but I've had my head buried in a mod lately. For a newbie modder like me, it's something that needs a lot of attention. I think I may take a step back for a bit on modding though. It's a lot of fun making a mod, but it's nice to play and enjoy your hood even more.

(BTW, between you and I, simsample, Hanuel is my favorite too!

It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:45 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 18th Dec 2017 at 5:02 PM.
Sedona Town Hall Meeting:

"Good evening everyone!" Lexie began with a smile. "Thank you all for coming and supporting the proposal to create a local school in the Sedona area. I've also heard that you have the support of your local military base, who wish to donate to the project should it go through. D & D Dreamer Building Systems was quite pleased to hear about the local community effort to build a school in the area.

"Unfortunately, I need to apologize." Lexie felt uncomfortable at the sudden mood change she felt with her words. Even Ethan stiffened beside her with a sudden frown. "As you see, the representative from Sim City did not arrive. They contacted Dreamer Building Systems and asked that we inform you that there was an emergency preventing them from attending."

"Gotta a feeling that this emergency is nothing but crap," announced Ronald Manning. The lieutenant commander from the local military based eyed the nervous architect. A few people grumbled while more than one of the local parents suddenly looked worried.

"I'm... unable to provide any further information about the representative's absence this evening, but I was authorized by D & D Dreamer Building to give you the decision reached by the SimCity Council."

Surprised exclamations echoed through the room. Ethan's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't realize a decision had been reached. He thought the city would negotiate with them first.

"They told you their decision before alerting us?" Tarek said incredulously. He and a few others glanced at Ethan, who shook his head. SimCity hadn't even told Sedona's mayor! Tarek frowned and absently reached over to pat Hanuel's wringing hands.

"They did speak to my company immediately after the decision was made. I'm here to share their final judgment with you as well as the final determination by my company."

"So what did they say?" Phil asked, flustered and impatient. He scowled with irritation when Adam leaned over and quietly reminded him of Dr. Beaker's orders.

Lexie took a deep breath. She knew the hamlet would be unhappy with her report. "The SimCity Council is willing to provide two choices to provide schooling to the children in the area. However, should the choices to rejected, any upcoming students will need to attend the nearest school."

"Which is ridiculously two hours away," muttered Darren Green, a local military officer. Bill Rose, a local restaurant owner, nodded.

"So what are the choices," asked Anitra.

"SimCity has decided to renovate the old Sedona school building located here in town." Lexie winced at the stupefied looks of her audience. "They feel that there is no need to build a new building when the old one can be restored. The discussed budget would be about §5000 for the full renovation project."

"That's impossible!" cried Kirk Barrett, who cringed when multiple people glanced his way. Dr. Beaker, who was seated next to the mechanic, reached over to give Kirk's hand a little squeeze of encouragement. Blushing, Kirk continued, "That old building is nearly rotten away with mold. The roof is half gone, some of the walls have crumbled away, and who knows what has made a home in it after all these years. That school was ready for demolition before my father was born. There's no way §5000 will be enough."

"What's the other choice?" Ethan asked, silently furious with SimCity. He was even more grateful he'd moved to Sedona.

Lexie flipped her presentation board to show the small trailer that SimCity offered to have built. "This mobile unit can be used for schooling. It's not ideal, but it will work for the current number of students in the area."

No one was happy with a dull trailer for a school, but it was better than slapping paint on a dilapidated building.

"Unfortunately, though they are providing the building and basic furnishings, they don't intend to supply a teacher for the school."

"What?" snapped Albert Baltimore, a local store owner, before he clamped a hand over his mouth.

Lexie nodded. "SimCity intends for an instructor to teach remotely three times a week."

"That is completely unacceptable!" Hanuel whispered to Tarek, who agreed. The education of all the children would suffer. There was no doubt about that.

"Ms. Love, these choices purposely box us into a corner. Either Sedona's children don't receive an adequate education, they reside in dangerous facilities, or we're forced to send the children two hours away daily." Oliver Beaker decided to speak with Ethan about homeschooling information. SimCity offered no favorable solutions.

"Yes! And I understand your frustration," she smiled, "and so do my employers. Which is why D & D Dreamers has one more alternative solution for you thanks to the local military base."
(Alia: UGH. Politics...)

It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:05 AM
@AliaD85 I really enjoyed your Sedona Town Hall Meeting. I look forward to learning what the last alternative solution concerning the school will be.

I like politics actually. lol

Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 3:32 AM
Oooh, I wonder what D & D Dreamers has to offer. It couldn't be worse than the current situation, could it?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 1:54 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 12th Jan 2018 at 7:53 PM.
“Let me show you!”

Suddenly energized, Lexie pulled up another picture on her presentation board. It was a picture of a small, school building. The design was straight lined and modern. It was obviously designed to be simple but functional.

More than one Sedona resident was surprised and very pleased by the school design.

“D & D Dreamer Building Systems have an ongoing project featuring the growing use of modular building. Modular buildings are prefabricated sections of a full structure built off-site. These large construction pieces are then brought on-site so that construction can be completed. It saves time, money, and labor! D & D Dreamer have been using modular construction for both commercial and residential builds. The buildings also offer the ability for expansions in the future!

“Currently, our company is expanding our modular building sectors. Because of this project and the assistance of the military base, we have a proposition for your small town.”

“Proposition?” It was barely loud enough to be heard. Dr. Beaker glanced over his shoulder with a small smile. Patient L, called Erik by many of the locals, sat in the back of the meeting room next to Peter-Paul. Unlike Patient C, who’s violent, angry behavior frightened most of Sedona, Patient L was finally well enough to leave the clinic with supervision.

“D & D Dreamer proposes a small modular build for your school! While regular schools would cost hundreds of thousands of simoleans, this particular building would only cost §40,000.”

“There’s no way the town can afford that, even if it’s better than that trailer,” said Bill Rose.

“Actually, this is affordable. The local military base, Fritz Grunz, actually promised to provide §35,000 for building and salaries for two instructors.”

Ethan paused, the numbers running wild through his head. He glanced up to catch the eyes of Ronald Manning who mouthed ‘bad math’ at him. Everything clicked. “Wait. The base promised that much for a school, and all SimCity wanted to give us was a trailer without a teacher?”

Lexie frowned. “According to my supervisor, and this is off the record, someone may be pocketing the extra money from the base.”

Ronald snorted. If any idiot thought they could slip past their accounting department, they were insane.

“But that’s one of the reasons why D & D Dreamer wants to work with the community. We not only want to showcase a project but show you how we support growing communities.”

“But we’re still short on money, correct?” asked Adam.

“For the building? No,” Lexie answered with a smile. “With the §5,000 promised by SimCity, we’re right on budget. The local base has taken care of teaching and administration; however, there is one issue.”

“What’s wrong?” asked Peter-Paul.

“We have both staff and building under control, but there are no furnishings or equipment under our budget. We need at least another §10,000 to successfully build a functioning school. My supervisor asked me to speak to the community about our budget shortfall. If you can come up with the money, we can begin building immediately.”

Multiple residents cursed or sighed despondently. Their community was not a wealthy one. Most people barely lived paycheck to paycheck. Even those that lived comfortably had to be extremely careful with money. The businesses in town barely stayed afloat. There was no way they could afford even half the money Love was asking for.

“I’ll give it to you.” Mrs. Remedios Suárez, the oldest citizen living in Sedona, stood and walked to the front of the meeting hall. “You’ll get the money from me, dear.”

Lexie smiled brightly while more than one person called out in disagreement. Many were worried that the sum of money would leave Mrs Suárez destitute. However, the old woman shushed them easily. “All of you be quiet. I’ve more than enough left to be quite happy.” She turned to Lexie and Ethan. “My Alonso loved children. We were never able to have any, but the least I can do is take care of the children here and now. You’ll have the money by tomorrow.”

Ethan smiled before looking out at the excited crowd. “I guess all we need now are teachers!”

Everyone looked up as Adam stood with a yelp. A smug looking Phil graciously offered the alien’s seat to Lexie before shooing Adam to the center aisle. The writer finally found a way to get peace and quiet at home.

Shaking his head, Adam laughed and said, “If you would have me, I think I would like to be your new teacher and principal.”

An applause overtook the excited Sedona crowd. Despite SimCity corruption, they finally had a school!

(Alia: I had a lot of fun building that school to an exact budget of $50,000. Never building on an exact budget before. I'll need to do it again! BTW, the story isn't nearly over just yet! One more piece of the town hall to go!)

It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 5:07 PM
@AliaD85

I really enjoy reading about your Sedona desert hamlet. do please continue to tell us about your story, it is facinating.

I only wish I could come up with such a rivetting story for my Überhood, I just have the Aliens gradually spreading out and blending in, and now they are having normal looking babies.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@AliaD85

I really enjoy reading about your Sedona desert hamlet. do please continue to tell us about your story, it is facinating.

I only wish I could come up with such a rivetting story for my Überhood, I just have the Aliens gradually spreading out and blending in, and now they are having normal looking babies.
@lordtyger9 Sounds like they're quietly taking over the world! Maybe you should have a group of sims that don't want the aliens there. Under the sims 2 discussion board, they have a storyline help. Maybe everyone can help you with an exciting idea.

It's a delicate balance.

Page 1 of 2