Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:50 PM Last edited by Charmful : 29th Dec 2017 at 4:44 PM.
Default JAN-FEB Neighborhood theme : Sim Homes
Happy Almost New Year everyone!

Speaking of the new year, the JAN-FEB theme has been voted on: SIM HOMES!

Show off the places your sims live! From the smallest to the largest, apartments or holiday homes or ordinary houses. Show us spaces your sims live in, or floorplans of their abodes. Did you build it yourself or did you download it, or make it over? Have they always lived there? Or has the home had more than one family occupy it over the years?

If you want some picture taking tips for tight spaces or small rooms, I have a tutorial here

~*~

OLDER STUFF

JAN-FEB theme nominations

1. Vacations
2. Largest Family (total number of sims in hood with same surname)
3. Holidays
4. Sim Homes
5. Sim Couples
6. Simysteries (Sim Mysteries)
7. Big families
8. Prettiest Sim
9. Ugliest Sim
10. Best Pet

Nominations close Midnight CST on December 13th. (or until 10 themes are nominated)

**Original Post***

I figured I would start a thread since many people have shown interest. The idea is to prompt members to update their threads that deal with theme i.e businesses, favorite sim couples, oldest family, etc and then we can see the different ways it's handled.

So throw a theme idea below and maybe if we get 5-10 I can get a poll so we can vote on it and then a theme can last maybe two months? Of course no one has to update with the theme if they don't want to, it's just a nice idea to prompt people to update if they don't know what do or need a motivation to play.

I nominate a business theme where you show off the business in your hoods, talk about the families that own them, how long they've been in service, what they do, etc.

Nominations List:

1. Show off your businesses - Nov/Dec 2017 winner
2. Hood Relaxation
3. Places of Culture
4. Largest Family (total number of sims in hood with same surname)
5. Weddings
6. Cult of Personality
7. Glass Slipper Effect (Couples)
8. Life of the Bachelor/Bachelorette
9. Vacations
10. Magic/Supernatural Elements in your hood

VOTE HERE
Voting will close Dec. 28th, 2017 - which gives you two weeks to vote. Please vote for your top 2 favorite themes. Thanks!
~*~

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 7:15 PM
Relaxation in your neighbourhood.

How do your sims relax- where do they go and what do they do?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 9:17 PM
- Biggest family in your hood...
- Cultural places (Public library or Museum).
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by srtv
- Biggest family in your hood...
- Cultural places (Public library or Museum).

Would Biggest family be single unit or family name spread? (i.e. I have 6 sims in this one family and it's the biggest! vs. There are 15 sims total in the hood with this family name, so it's the biggest!)

Or would that be up to interpretation by whoever posts?

Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Would Biggest family be single unit or family name spread? (i.e. I have 6 sims in this one family and it's the biggest! vs. There are 15 sims total in the hood with this family name, so it's the biggest!)

Or would that be up to interpretation by whoever posts?

Sims in total with the same family name, like the Capps, Montys, etc.
Space Pony
#6 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 11:50 PM
Weddings

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:03 AM
Show off your businesses OR Weddings

I'm a bit biased though, have only recently started a new hood.
#8 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 2:37 PM Last edited by SingleClawDesigns : 17th Oct 2017 at 3:22 PM.
Cults of personalities: where you can step outside of your storytelling and explain more in depth background wise about how some of your sims became the sims they are and the decisions you made as the player to move them, or not into those directions. Or more of the psychological perspective behind your characters, as I've always been fascinated with that kind of thing.

Glass Slipper Effect: From beginning to end chronicle your best sims love story until it's happy ending....or not so happy ending
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 3:52 PM
Hey @pannisim since weddings and businesses are already nominations, I'll consider your post as votes

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:08 PM
Hey @pannisim since weddings and businesses are already nominations, I'll consider your post as votes

I vote for Businesses. This is my favourite.

I would do Weddings or Biggest Families too.

Biggest Families would be hardest I think.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:23 PM
I'll leave up nominations until next Monday or until we get 10 max and then set up a survey so people can vote for maybe their top two favorites What does everyone think?

Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:19 PM
Maybe we can show our best Single Sims, something like he(or she) is our Bachelor Sims... and show their dates or something like that...
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:38 PM
These are some great theme ideas, and I would love to do any of them for my hood posts. Keep em coming!

Space Pony
#14 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:31 AM
oh, vacations? Could that be one option?

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Link Ninja
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:50 AM
yep! I put it down. I think that everyone in this group, or at least who has commented thus far have up to that specific EP One more slot!

Space Pony
#16 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:20 AM
I used to play with setup up to seasons for years before UC, that did not stop me to simulate vacations

All it needed was sleep at communitylot

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Instructor
#17 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:41 AM
How about magic in your hoods?

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
How about magic in your hoods?

Would this theme entail just magic or any supernatural element i.e. ghosts, grim reaper, aliens, vampires etc or just pure magic as in witches/genies?

Instructor
#19 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:43 PM
Would this theme entail just magic or any supernatural element i.e. ghosts, grim reaper, aliens, vampires etc or just pure magic as in witches/genies?

All and any type of magic. It's rather fitting for Halloween

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Charmful : 18th Oct 2017 at 4:12 PM.
Thanks for clarifying! Since we have our 10 nominations I created a poll. Link is in the top post and my signature. Voting is open for two weeks!

Link Ninja
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 6:25 PM
Voting is closed and 'show us your businesses' is the winner for Nov/Dec! Please see details in the top post.

Instructor
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:47 PM
Sounds great, thanks for coordinating this; Charmful.

Check it out ;)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:50 PM
I'm enjoying reading about everyone's businesses! This theme was a good idea.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:21 AM
*enters from stage left* thanks @simsample, glad you are having a good time seeing the businesses in the groups' hoods! Speaking of bi-monthly themes it's about time to start nominating some ones for Jan-Feb! I'll start updating the top post with nominations as they come in. See top post for details! *exits stage right*

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:42 AM
*enters from stage left* thanks @simsample, glad you are having a good time seeing the businesses in the groups' hoods! Speaking of bi-monthly themes it's about time to start nominating some ones for Jan-Feb! I'll start updating the top post with nominations as they come in. See top post for details! *exits stage right*

OK since Charmful said that Businesses were already Nominated, then I Vote for Businesses. I have a lot of them to do yet.
If Businesses don't win I still plan to do more Businesses every so often, as I work my way through my list of Households.

Vacations or Biggest Families are both good.

Not good: Single Sims, I don't have any. All of my Playables are married or engaged.

Magick or Supernatural is fine only if Aliens are included. I don't have Witches {not supported}, nor do I have Vampires or Werewolves and I only have one Plant Sim, so I am kind of limited when it comes to that category.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.

Page 1 of 2