Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 11:25 AM
Default Things that go on in Pi's game / BRIDGEPORT'88 thread
So I'm right in the middle of a whole lot of new and exciting crap, and it's taking up a lot of time, but once it's done I'll brag about it here.
And if you must know what "new and exciting crap" is, I'll tell you.

I've been working on a sitcom of sorts. It's like a Let's play, the kind you've seen before on YouTube, but better in every way. Other people spend a couple of hours recording and then they put it straight up on YouTube, but that's not me. I'm putting several weeks of effort into an episode.
I have to do A LOT of preparation, and that involves everything; dressing up and overhauling lots and Sims, designing graphics and modifying assets for in-game usc, picking and composing background music, collecting reference material, building a more elaborate version of Bridgeport for beauty shots, and making up bullshit excuses to do this or that tomorrow.

So I'll let you guys know.

Also, which one of these names is better? BRIDGEPORT'88, BRIDGEPORT1988 or BRIDGEPORT: 1988? I was going to do a 2010s theme first but realized it'd be boring as hell.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:03 PM
BRIDGEPORT'88 sounds FRESH imo, go with that. I'm also excited to see what you come up with! I love 80s themes > : )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 12:48 AM
Fresh sounds about right. I've been looking at what was new and cool thirty years ago, and I'm having a bunch of fun with it. I can definitely see why this or that was cool at the time. But cool is kind of a timeless thing so in the right context, most things that were cool in the past can be pretty cool now.

I've started recording the first episode today, but since it's the first episode I still have to create everything else that goes into it from scratch. So it won't be done before the end of the year.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:06 PM
Omg, that doesn't only sound FRESH it sounds freakin awesome! I'm exited for the first episode! Tell us when your channel is ready :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 8:39 PM
Default Small status update
Just a little status update: it'll definitely be done next month, as expected. I'm done recording as, now comes the part where I put it all together and make it look fancy. That means putting together little clips and cinematics and adding in extra graphics where applicable. I'm not making a run-of-the-mill let's play, after all.

So let's get to know a little bit about our household through these (poorly written) bios.

From left to right:
ISA GAUSSET: Things aren't always so easy for Isa Gausset. For one thing, she's as introverted as they come. She never quite fits in with the crowd, but she's sweet and she always means well. Could this be the year that Isa finds the courage to go out there and experience new things?
LAURA GALLAGHER: Laura Gallagher is a 28-year old yuppie living the big city life. Things seem to be going very well for her, yet she herself is not quite sure if she's happy with her life. Will Laura find herself this year or will it take more time?
JEREMY TACKETT: Jeremy Tackett isn't the brightest person in the world. He's never preoccupied with anything particularly substantial, but he'd really like to be more than just that jock guy at the bar. Now it's another year, and that means more chances to become someone new.

insert signature here