Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 2:51 AM Last edited by attuned : 16th Aug 2016 at 12:19 AM.
Default Sims File Share
It occurred to me that some of you might not know that Delphy and Nysha have started a sims file site where people who create for any Sims series can upload their creations and then provide a link to people who want to download the lots, objects, mods, sims, etc. Many are sharing the links on their blogs or Tumblrs.

If you would like an invitation, which is the fastest and easiest way to join, post in this thread and I will send you an invitation by PM.

And while you're here, what do you think about a social group that is not just for lot creators, but also for people who create objects, mods, sims, etc.? Does it make any sense? Do we have more than enough groups already? Do you have an interest in a group like this? See post # 4 for further thoughts on this group.

Thanks all!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 8:23 AM
This sounds pretty nice. I'd like to join

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 9:57 AM
While I did know about SIms File Share I did not know those details. Good thing! I would love to receive an invitation (although I probably won't have much to share, but who knows...)

Not sure about the social group for creators in general. Wouldn't the topic range be to broad? And the questions too specific? The creation processes seem very different from each other to me ( = completely clueless about these things).
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 12:18 AM
Johnny_Bravo- invitation sent
Vincent T.- invitation sent

Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Not sure about the social group for creators in general. Wouldn't the topic range be to broad? And the questions too specific? The creation processes seem very different from each other to me ( = completely clueless about these things).

I was thinking that although the actual creations are different, the process is similar: get an idea, research, begin, perhaps ask questions or seek help, refine, test... I am sure we all go through the head-banging- why oh why did I start this project??? It would be nice to have a place to vent to fellow creators, and someone coming from a different medium might be able to suggest a strategy that wasn't considered.

I was thinking that there are many examples of collaboration in sims world- Arsil mods and Sandy's (from Around the Sims) objects. Or Sandy's objects with Ani_'s mods. As builders, we might be able to bring an aesthetic that's needed. I have taken screenshots for modders to use. We can all be testers of each others work. I think it would be nice to have a central place for the information to flow.
Alchemist
#5 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:09 PM
@attuned
I've entered my email wrong first stupid autofill.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!