Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 1:15 PM
Default Creating a hibernation Pod mod! Need help with some errors/problems.
Hey there guys! All this while I've been searching for a Hibernation/Cryostasis pod/chamber mod for the Sims 4. But after not being able to find one over the years, I thought to myself, why not make one? I have zero experience in scripting etc, but I figured I'd give making this mod a shot. After all, we already did have a Hibernation interaction in the sims 4, albeit its only for Vampire. Theres also the Sleeping Pod from get famous, so... I think you can guess where this is going.

I planned to add the "Vampire Hibernation" interaction from the coffin into the Sleeping Pod. I managed to get to that and even was able to get non vampire sims to use that interaction on the hibernation pod AND buff tuned so that their needs wont go down during hibernation.

So heres when the problem came up, when ever I clicked the Hibernation interaction on the sleeping pod, a routing error occured. You know, when a sims cant get to a place due to an object blocking it or theres no path to said object/spot.. Ive tried messing with animations, but to no avail. Once I thought I'd fixed it by changing some animations, but the only thing it did was make my sim hibernate "on the spot". Like standing still while looking around, except that they already have the asleep moodlet..

This was driving me crazy, and I figured it MUST be an animation error of some sorts. Because later I tried adding the Hibernation interaction ONTO the coffin itself, and everything worked! No routing error of any sorts. BUT this led me to my 2nd problem. I realise instantly after that, that even though my sim needs were frozen during hibernation, their age was not!! Sigh. So I then tried to figure out HOW to add some BUFF that disables aging during hibernation, of which I did not get any closer to finding how to do it..

So TLDR ; 2 Problems - 1. How do - I get the Vampire Hibernation to work on the Sleeping Pod, for Human sims of course. /fix routing error.
2. How do I add a "non aging buff" during their hibernation?

I hope somebody out there has a solution for this, any and all help is much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

NOTE: I did all this with just using Sims 4 Studios, like I said, I have no experience whatsoever in writing scripts or using python!