Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:44 PM
Slower Dog Hygiene Decay (Sims 2)
I am searching for a hack, which decreases the decay rate of the hygiene need for dogs in The Sims 2.

It is tiring [for my Sim] to wash the dogs every 24-36 hours, especially in a household with 1 Sim, and 8 dogs.

Does anyone know of a hack to do this? Is my Sim doomed to always work a base level job, because he's always too busy washing his dogs? (no time to study)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:59 PM
This is so not what you're directly asking for, but I hope it's stil useful. I use modded chewing bones, but some find it too cheaty. I mostly use this one from CrispsandKerosene, here

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Theorist
#3 Old 25th May 2019 at 10:12 PM
Fractured Moonlight also has a download called Bathing Instincts. It's various puddles or small ponds where the dog will play and get hygiene at the same time. Not sure of the link but Google should find it. Also fountains by Rebecca(?) and a modded sprinkler thingy from the toy craft table somewhere. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th May 2019 at 10:18 PM
Or you can use a sprinkler and let your dogs get clean and have fun playing at the same time.
One is from here: http://modthesims.info/d/289201/sprinkler.html
I have one that is a conversion from sims 3 but I don't know where that one came from
Then there is the OFB toy which those other two are based on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 26th May 2019 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Simonut : 13th Jun 2019 at 1:05 AM.
@Shedevil I think this will really help keep your dog hygiene high and instead of low please read what it said and download the one for the dog. I hope this help infact I will try it myself. http://modthesims.info/d/221788/new...ching-post.html
Test it out to see if it work for you I going to do the same thing. I have Test and it work perfect.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 29th May 2019 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Simonut : 30th May 2019 at 2:37 AM.
@joandsarah77 Hi, I wanted to share this with you just in case you also may want this, I try it in my game with a dog it work like a Clock perfect.
The dog hygiene will stay up every time he bite with this toy.
I send a message to the original person who was looking for a mod for dog hygiene about this, but I guess they have not been on line. The link is in my post #5

Note: oops sorry about double post.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th May 2019 at 12:17 AM
Thanks @Simonut that could be good on lots too small for a sprinkler.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 29th May 2019 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Thanks @Simonut that could be good on lots too small for a sprinkler.

I am sure you love this and anyone else it's in my game for keep.

Instructor
#9 Old 29th May 2019 at 1:06 AM
Theorist
#10 Old 30th May 2019 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
@Duine here's the pond.....
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=107&t=7388

Thanks, my mind gets mushy occasionally trying to remember where I see things. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 11:09 PM
Thank you all so much for the options!!

The mods also add game-play. It's going to be so much more fun to have pets, now.