Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 9:52 PM
It is a pleasure to be here!
Hi, my name is Emily. My ign is Lord Sebastian and also my tag for here now. I am fairly new to modding the sims. I was in desire of specific CC to my 'stories' that I was struggling to piece together online. I asked, begged, scoured the internet and decided that I would probably be better off just making what I wanted myself. After a few months of rolling out about a dozen cc mods I decided it would be nice to share them with others, especially those who have helped me on my journey.

*Flashback about six months ago*
It's now 4 am on this chill morning and I am still click-click-clicking away at my keyboard trying to hash out the latest chapter to a fictional novella I have been working on for years. I have 'friends' online begging me for the result of the last cliff hanger I left them on. My kids have been asleep for hours and if I don't keep getting distracted by irrelevant articles popping up on my android's notifications I might actually be able to have this ready for editing before I fall asleep for a precious few hours.

Note: YEARS that I have been working on this.

I finally lay my head down and outside my window I hear the last few birds of the season twittering with the dawn. I am going to be so tired today....again. After a brief sleep the little ones rouse me from my heavy sleep and I make some coffee for me and serve their breakfast. The oldest gets to busy on his schoolwork and the younger watches a rerun of her favorite cartoon. I take my favorite seat at the desk and check my phone messages as the steam from my coffee works its magic and promises of the joy in every sip. My sister tells me that if I ever get some free time (HA) I should start playing the sims again. I recently had stopped playing android games and MMO's to put my heart back into writing and my family.

*Sigh*

I really miss playing games, sure, why not. I can give this a try.

*Fast forward a few weeks*

I have now downloaded Sims 4. Since when were there four of these? On day one I had to make a character and my first inclination was the protagonist I had so precisely developed over the years. Then all the other characters I had come to love in their own quirky ways. Then the stuff packs....then the expansion packs.....birthday money was solely dedicated to my new obsession to see MY characters brought to life in a simulation, then my Christmas money, eventually our tax refund helped to round out my collection.

*About six weeks ago*

I am so bored. These walls won't match anything. I am so tired of an artist painting the same paintings over and over; where is the creativity? In an attempt to find more stuff for my sims I inevitably discovered mods. There were no mods for The Sims when I used to play as a child myself. Within days I had downloaded dozens of cc mods. Then new careers, and aspirations and more and more. I was hooked; many of my mods came from the artists right here in MTS. Still after downloading these I found I wanted more. My game slowed down thanks to my less than ample computer.

*back to the present*

At this moment in time I have over 600 files in my mod folder ranging from clutter to new supernatural beings, from wallpaper to *other adult mods.* Still after all of this I was not satisfied. Despite end of the school year testing and evaluations and preparing for a cruise wedding for my children's godfather I was determined to have exactly what I wanted in the Sims 4. I asked, I read, I asked some more. I have done hours and hours of reading, watching, and messaging other mod creators and have learned how to make what I was unable to find easily online for free. At first I only wanted these things for use in my personal game, I wanted to 'perfect' my sim's homes. I used the remainder of our tax refund to throw at an incredible new custom gaming computer that I am trying to patiently wait for delivery any day now!!! Meantime a friend asked me if I would share some of the items I have wiggled into my game. Then I thought well if she wants to play with this stuff maybe others do to. Now I am registered and ready to upload.

One of my characters I liked making CC for the most is Lord Davenmore. The main reason is that he has more money than he will ever practically need and so chooses to buy his friends and acquaintances lavish gifts. As you all probably know, lavish gifts in the sims are far and few so the first thing I thought to do was build him the most lavish home I could so he could impress his company and have endless parties. The first cc I will be sharing are the walls and flooring that were put into his home (plus extras I had designed just in case I might use them). If others use them then I will start releasing more Never stop believing, never stop gaming, never grow up