Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can I install patterns which were created in CAP with CC Magic?
I know that turning sims3pack patterns into packages might result in materializing materials error and to prevent that you have to install those sims3pack patterns through launcher.
But if I don't turn those sims3packs into packages first, and install them through CC Magic in their sims3pack form, will that still result in materializing materials?
And what about counters, as I heard they are also becoming broken after being converted to packages? Right now I use patterns, counters and worlds through launcher and everything else through CC Magic, but if safe I would like to switch patterns and counters/cabinets to CC Magic.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:22 AM
The "Materializing Materials" issue was supposed to be fixed with the last version of CCMagic, so you shouldn't have any problems. I haven't had any in years.
Counters, I still install as sims3packs with the launcher. Some people have reported that not all counters break when installing with CCMagic but generally, yes, that often happens.

Short answer: you can safely install the patterns as sims3packs, I would still keep the counters with the launcher.
Btw., you can install packages with CCMagic too. It treats them the same as sims3packs. Just drop them into the Downloads folder like you do the sims3packs.