Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:11 AM
Default Special category
I need some help figuring out how to take clothes OUT of the special category. I know how to do it but can't find a 'special' check listed so figure it must be some unknown box. Here's why in Moonlight falls saw Pappy wolf as a floating head and when I used master controller to look at his outfits he had a 'Special 1' and it was what was invisible except for head. I got to find out what is the special category and remove stuff from it like that. Also, if anybody can tell me why/how they get special outfits, I'd appreciate it.

http://modthesims.info/t/491603
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:01 PM
It's a outfit that isn't listed in S3PE, which I guess is why it's really hard to find out why it's acting a certain way. You have tried changing the flags in S3PE right? With the CASP file, as Nysha explained?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
It's a outfit that isn't listed in S3PE, which I guess is why it's really hard to find out why it's acting a certain way. You have tried changing the flags in S3PE right? With the CASP file, as Nysha explained?

I don't know what his outfit even is as its invisible aside from the head and I don't have seasons to look at so I have no idea where to even start
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 1st May 2017 at 8:27 PM
Do you know whether it's CC or not? I still gotta check something myself though, but since some CC creators usually like to click ALL the categories, it could lead to some weird-looking bugs, like toddlers wearing those long boots :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:19 PM
Do you know whether it's CC or not? I still gotta check something myself though, but since some CC creators usually like to click ALL the categories, it could lead to some weird-looking bugs, like toddlers wearing those long boots :P

No idea, honestly. I know, I wish they would test things thoroughly before release, you know?
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 4th May 2017 at 9:53 PM
Yeah exactly, I don't really understand why people go all 'Ok, sim can walk with it in TSRW, should be fine in game too' and then just... don't really test it. Or do test it but doesn't check the categories. Anyways, I came across this while scripting:

None,
Naked,
Everyday,
Formalwear = 4u,
Sleepwear = 8u,
Swimwear = 16u,
Athletic = 32u,
Singed = 64u,
MartialArts = 128u,
Career = 256u,
AuxCareer = 512u, (being the Firefighting category)
Makeover = 1024u,
SkinnyDippingTowel = 2048u,
Racing = 4096u,
Jumping = 8192u,
Bridle = 16384u,
Massage = 32768u, = The Unknown0F in S3PE's CASP
ChildImagination = 65536u, = The Unknown10 in S3PE's CASP
Special = 131072u, = Unknown11 in S3PE's CASP.
Outerwear = 262144u,
Supernatural = 524288u,
CategoryMask = 1048575u,
All = 4294967295u,
PrimaryCategories = 318u,
PrimaryHorseCategories = 28674u

(From the 'outfitCategoriesExtended)":

ValidForMaternity = 1048576u,
ValidForRandom = 2097152u,
IsHat = 4194304u,
IsRevealing = 8388608u,
IsHiddenInCAS = 16777216u

Don't mind the numbers, but I think S3PE should totally update their CASPart information
Though, I'm still not really sure what the Unknown1D, Unknown1E and Unknown1F are suppose to represent though. I think they might be 'none' and 'all' since those are listed in the script, but not in S3PE. Although it could be 'superatural, categoryMask and... none?'

Can't seem to find any other categories within the game's script files but I guess it's a pretty good reference? ^- ~
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:04 AM Last edited by t888 : 6th May 2017 at 12:16 AM.
Yeah exactly, I don't really understand why people go all 'Ok, sim can walk with it in TSRW, should be fine in game too' and then just... don't really test it. Or do test it but doesn't check the categories. Anyways, I came across this while scripting:

None,
Naked,
Everyday,
Formalwear = 4u,
Sleepwear = 8u,
Swimwear = 16u,
Athletic = 32u,
Singed = 64u,
MartialArts = 128u,
Career = 256u,
AuxCareer = 512u, (being the Firefighting category)
Makeover = 1024u,
SkinnyDippingTowel = 2048u,
Racing = 4096u,
Jumping = 8192u,
Bridle = 16384u,
Massage = 32768u, = The Unknown0F in S3PE's CASP
ChildImagination = 65536u, = The Unknown10 in S3PE's CASP
Special = 131072u, = Unknown11 in S3PE's CASP.
Outerwear = 262144u,
Supernatural = 524288u,
CategoryMask = 1048575u,
All = 4294967295u,
PrimaryCategories = 318u,
PrimaryHorseCategories = 28674u

(From the 'outfitCategoriesExtended)":

ValidForMaternity = 1048576u,
ValidForRandom = 2097152u,
IsHat = 4194304u,
IsRevealing = 8388608u,
IsHiddenInCAS = 16777216u

Don't mind the numbers, but I think S3PE should totally update their CASPart information
Though, I'm still not really sure what the Unknown1D, Unknown1E and Unknown1F are suppose to represent though. I think they might be 'none' and 'all' since those are listed in the script, but not in S3PE. Although it could be 'superatural, categoryMask and... none?'

Can't seem to find any other categories within the game's script files but I guess it's a pretty good reference? ^- ~

Yeah, thats a VERY good reference! You've done some good work diggin' that up! Thats the best I've been able to discover about the Special category and what the others are as well! And I agree its totally update time, especially after you dug that up!
Site Helper
#8 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:58 AM
Just a small guess about what Pappy Wolf's "Special 1" outfit might be.... He could have gotten a magic makeover from a Magic Mirror.
That seems to be one cause of Special outfits.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Just a small guess about what Pappy Wolf's "Special 1" outfit might be.... He could have gotten a magic makeover from a Magic Mirror.
That seems to be one cause of Special outfits.

Thank you for that! I've suspected this for a while as well. Since you believe so as well, that would indicate its a very high probability. Do you think the stylist makeover could do it as well?
Virtual gardener
#10 Old 6th May 2017 at 11:32 AM
Totally forgot about that one! THough some of those outfits are considered 'singed' by the game. Or well, for example the costume chest for kids is listed as 'singed'. Although I guess it's what Ghost sdoj means. It would make more sense because pappy wolf is a supernatural after all *shrugs*

And you're welcome! I actually booked marked it for the sake of references :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th May 2017 at 2:23 PM
Totally forgot about that one! THough some of those outfits are considered 'singed' by the game. Or well, for example the costume chest for kids is listed as 'singed'. Although I guess it's what Ghost sdoj means. It would make more sense because pappy wolf is a supernatural after all *shrugs*

And you're welcome! I actually booked marked it for the sake of references :P

lol, so did I.