Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 1:42 AM
Default Sims 4 Generated.ZIP file?
MCCC has been generating a lot of error exceptions on my game. I assume some mods are not gelling up? Anyway, while trying to figure this out, I noticed a folder I don't recall seeing before? It's in the Origin Games Folder in the BIN folder. It's zipped. Since I go to all the trouble of unzipping the mods I use, I wondered if I'm supposed to unzip this one? I didn't put it there. My question is, how did it get there, do I unzip or deleted it, and could it help solve all the error exceptions I'm having thrown at me since nearly all of them involve a .py file?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:20 AM
no. do not touch your origin games folder.

you should only touch your documents folder - what does your last exception say? anytime you have zipped .py files the .py files should remain zipped in your mods folder.

I have been going through a last exception issue myself- custom food interactions need to be updated, but there is more I haven't figured out yet.
Deceased
#3 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 9:50 AM
The Generated.Zip file is an important and required game file and should not be removed or unzipped. It, and any other zip files you see in the game installation folders, contains some of EA's own scripts which are required for proper game operation. If they are removed or altered you will need to perform a game repair in the Origin client to restore those files.
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 10:16 AM
Besides what people here already said, you should get your Last exception (the most recent one) checked in MCCC discord channel here:
https://discord.gg/ezb6h2M

@chicvibe I would recommend the same for you..
the support team over there knows how to read those files, and they are very experienced with it (they read a lot of those files every day..)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 4:17 PM
I know. but I am also aware that I will probably get the 50/50 advice!!