Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#176 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
edit: Looked around a bit. You all are doing a great job. One thing though, and maybe just me, but it installed and opened easily, but when I tried to exit to the main menu I got never ending loading and had to use task manager to close the game. I am on 1.67 if that makes any difference.

It often happens when you load a custom world for the first time and quit to main menu without saving it. It should be able to exit normally if you decide to make a Save of it.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#177 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
(...)
edit: Looked around a bit. You all are doing a great job. One thing though, and maybe just me, but it installed and opened easily, but when I tried to exit to the main menu I got never ending loading and had to use task manager to close the game. I am on 1.67 if that makes any difference.
Hm, seeing that there is some overlap in contributing creators I think I should mention here that I have exactly one other custom world that does the same, and it's Reyes County.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#178 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:56 AM
@daisylee @don babilion

Is it a recurring problem, or something that has happened once or twice?

Are there any problems saving the game?
#179 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 7:40 AM
To be honest, I have never really played a game in Reyes. I just load it from time to time to look at it (this isn't weird, is it?). But when I do this, its failure to exit to the main menu is rather the norm. I can't remember it exiting without failure, actually.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#180 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:39 PM
No, it's not weird

Do you start a new game or do you load from a save?
#181 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:14 AM
Now, you're asking a question to my patchy memory. I do think that I had a save once, but I must have deleted it a long time ago and now only load the world from a new game. Now the question of whether I deleted it because of the issues I had with it is the tricky one I cannot answer right now.
But I'll try again and report back. And will do the same with Eastlands now.
Test Subject
#182 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 7:55 AM
I installed the latest version of the world, as far as I can see, and I don't have the distant terrain? I do have nice dust storms over the ocean though! I did install the package file and cleared my caches etc. still nothing.

I am having a lot of issues with routing in and around the oasis area. Sims don't want to go directly there, or return directly from there. They simply drop all actions. I have to use 'go there' to the nearest point on the road to where I want them to go and then lead them in on the paths from there. There is issues with boats as well. Around the dock area on the Oasis my townies frequently visit the boat that is set as a show venue. When they leave they all try to take a boat out from there. The terrain does not support boats I guess as they all get stuck. I could supply pics, but of course I use Photobucket, or I should say I 'did' use photobucket. The sims do not auto reset with overwatch either, they simply stay there forever and a day and their motives do not drop. I have had this in other worlds where sims use boats where they shouldn't. I have to manually reset the sim and delete the boats. The boats tend to multiply if I don't, just like in IP.

I have built several lots that I am finishing testing at the moment. I would like to share them, can I still do that here? I can't do pics but I could include them in the file as I have built on lots that are without a number atm.

Last question for anyone who can help, just EP's allowed in builds? I see some Lucky Palms walls etc used, so we can build with items from worlds as well? Cheers!
Field Researcher
#183 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by willky12
... I could supply pics, but of course I use Photobucket, or I should say I 'did' use photobucket... I would like to share them, can I still do that here?

I also -used- photobucket, for now I've been using ibb.co. Hope that helps you with pictures for now!

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 10:06 PM Last edited by Eira_Karanir : 27th Oct 2017 at 9:47 PM.
Is there a more updated version coming up or is it safe to install the current available one? I don't have problems with decorating and etc (might have problems with building) but I ask mostly for routing issues and so on. I love the world (archaeologist drooling here)

Editing because I'm not sure if double posting is allowed (moderators please correct me?). I've tried to install V3 as it's the last one you uploaded, and my launcher doesn't want to install it for some reason. It doesn't even get to the part when it says install fail, it stays trying to load (black screen) forever and then I have to force quit. I was hopeful I could check the world in game and maybe contribute with some lots but I guess I'll wait for a version I can install thank you for sharing, the screens look amazing and I can't wait to explore the world in my game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#185 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:37 AM
Hey @Eira_Karanir,

Sorry for not replying earlier, was really busy recently!

The current version at the top of the page is the latest version- I haven't forgotten about this world, but it's on the backburner atm since my more powerful computer hasn't had the expansions reinstalled yet.

Anyways, any help (even in filling out the empty shells) would be greatly appreciated! If you're encountering problems, do you have all the content required? I hope that on my more powerful computer, I can remove some of the lesser-used content and make it more base-game friendly.
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 2:10 PM
Hi! I have everything released for Sims 3 excepting the Katy Perry stuff. The only problem I have with the world is that I just can't install it through the launcher, for some reason it stays in the black screen forever. I will try again after posting this because I really want to use the world (and use it maybe for some stories). I just installed another world and my launcher worked.

Edit: and... for reasons unknown, my launcher decided to install it. Off I go ingame to check it. Thank you!
Scholar
#187 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:20 AM
@jje1000 If you haven't been working on this project lately then you probably haven't noticed, but since photobucket changed their payment plans your pics are no longer working You're gonna need to either reupload them to a new host or start paying photobucket a subscription fee for them to be visible in this thread.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#188 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 11:45 AM
Real dick move on Photobucket's part. I strongly recommend Imgur. Imgur was created to be completely free of bullshit and restrictions.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#189 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:20 PM
I am using Imgur now also. So far I like it even though I am still learning to use it.
Test Subject
#190 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:51 AM
Love your World Guys!!!

i would like to create some legacys for your Creation
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RylandHomes
I also -used- photobucket, for now I've been using ibb.co. Hope that helps you with pictures for now!

Try using imgur: https://imgur.com/

Also, is there any kind of estimated release for this? Seems interesting.
Test Subject
#192 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:25 AM
Where i can find the distant terrain mesh for the canyons? ))
Test Subject
#193 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 10:09 PM
Test Subject
#194 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:37 PM
Which lots are left? I'd like to build some old-style Turkish houses!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#195 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 4:29 PM
@themiscyra

Hey- thanks for your interest! This project is currently on hold as I have my hands full with another project (hopefully almost done though). I'd like to redo some parts of the world (remove some of the lots and replace them with deco buildings to reduce the load on computers). I'd also like to remove some of the palm trees and replace them with olive trees to make the world slightly less desert-like- less like the Syrian Desert and a bit closer to a Mediterranean climate.

As for available lots- check here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...925#post5225925
Field Researcher
#196 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 8:43 AM
Hello @jje1000, is this world safe to download & play at this point? It looks amazing but it seems it has been on hold for about a year.
Field Researcher
#197 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
Hello @jje1000, is this world safe to download & play at this point? It looks amazing but it seems it has been on hold for about a year.

I have a copy of it. And it plays safely. I also have some of the available lots to fill it in with and it all works. It has been on hold for a while, I'd like to see us organize and get all these projects that are started get finished.

@jje1000 & @Nilxis
I'm slowly returning, if you need anything just PM me.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#198 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 9:59 AM
Hi @jje1000! Is this project abandoned for a while? I love your Boroughsburg, but I'd like to refresh my play with this gorgeous world!
Top Secret Researcher
#199 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CHboom!
Hi @jje1000! Is this project abandoned for a while? I love your Boroughsburg, but I'd like to refresh my play with this gorgeous world!

https://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.c...uild-version-10
Test Subject
#200 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
https://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.c...uild-version-10

I already have one. but when i googled it, there might be version 3, not version 1. so I'm wondering where to get latest version.
Page 8 of 9