Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC files with "$OLD" at the end of filename
I've been going through my DL folder(s) and have noticed several files with odd extensions.

They all have ".package.$old" (without quotation marks) at the end of the file name. I can't find any information on this either here on MTS or via Google.

Has anyone else found these? Are they needed or can they be deleted?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:47 AM
I think it has something to do with the Sims 2 Compressorizer compressing package files, and sometimes leaving "old" versions of it in the folders. Do you use the Compressorizer? If so, that may be why you have "old" files.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:08 AM
It never created these for me.
I've read though, that adding this ext. to a file, stop it from being run...(ran?)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
I think it has something to do with the Sims 2 Compressorizer compressing package files, and sometimes leaving "old" versions of it in the folders. Do you use the Compressorizer? If so, that may be why you have "old" files.

Yes, compressing a large file will sometimes leave files with $OLD in the name. It's an old version of the file, the uncompressed version, and you can delete them perfectly safely.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:30 AM
I did some more detailed searching and found that ALL the "$old" files were from CC I downloaded that were made by 'Pandora Sims'. I moved the $old files to a separate folder and the game still ran fine- so I deleted them.

I just wanted to make sure. I wasn't aware that was a possibility with Compressorizer.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:25 PM
Ugh - Pandora Sims.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:00 PM
Much of Pandora Sims CC is stolen, so if you have trouble with their files in future, it might be worth downloading from the original creator instead.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:52 AM
Well I got the Pandora stuff from the Booty.