Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 8:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Trying to fix my build mode catalog, it got messed up
So i made a mistake.

Long story short, i had to reinstall my sims 2 latest ep, and when i did it deleted all my CC, which i didn't keep an extra copy of.

I do keep a copy now, but i'm still having trouble. At some point i installed some catalog re-organizers. you do those differently from regular CC.

Now my catalog is completely screwed up and i want it back to the lowest to highest price order it normally should be.

can anyone help me figure out just what i need to fix?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 11:41 AM
Maybe you got these two?
http://www.modthesims.info/d/494697
http://www.modthesims.info/d/280521

If you want to remove them, check this location for buy/build:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden - Stuff\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
(original file is only "globalcatbin.bundle")

And for clothes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden - Stuff\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins
(original files for this category are only "Jewlery.package" and "Skins.package")

If you have the UC or a different highest EP, check the similar locations in the highest EP you have (the not bolded writing may vary). Phaenoh's files start with "zz_Phaenoh". If they're by another creator, I've listed the original files above, so you can more easily spot the oens that don't originally belong there.

The recategorizers can be safely removed from those locations, but make sure you don't delete any of the original files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:58 PM
Well i didn't find any files in those. I replaced all of the globalcatbin files with backup copies, but the darn catalog is still messed up.

i checked all my CC folder as well.

Am i wrong about it being in price order by default? or will i have to reinstall the game again?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM
Items should be in price order, low to high. I don't know of any mods that change this except for mods that change prizes of objects.

Have you tried deleting the cache files and the thumbnail files?

Also, could you post an example picture of what's wrong?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:07 AM Last edited by Nyanchan : 15th Feb 2018 at 5:23 AM.
here are the examples you wanted. notice on hover it shows the prices.
i deleted thumbnails and cache, still nothing.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:41 AM
Does it only happen to walls? If so, that's probably normal. It's possible they sort in a different way (by name?) so similar walls are sorted together.

Does it happen in other categories too, like in the buy menu?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:29 PM
I thought walls sorted in some sort of date order?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:00 PM
They sort in a different way, but I'm not sure how. I get custom walls all over the place (usually one bunch here, one bunch there, most of them around the start of the catalog), and the maxis walls are mostly together by set. It's the same with floors.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
They sort in a different way, but I'm not sure how. I get custom walls all over the place (usually one bunch here, one bunch there, most of them around the start of the catalog), and the maxis walls are mostly together by set. It's the same with floors.

Yeah but definitely not value order - funnily enough they do stack in value order in Homecrafter. It's probably in the order of some internal code.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:32 AM
okay so i didn't screw up my game it just came all messed up. and to answer: floors do it too. I wonder if its possible to re-arrange them in price order. i couldn't find anything in simpe, but i'm not very good with it so maybe i missed something.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:35 AM
Nope, walls and floors are all messed up in price. I made myself a collection file of all cheap walls and floors so I have them handy for making cheap starters. It's annoying but it's the game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:15 PM
Thinking about it Simmer22, it's probably the order of the internal ID. You can actually change that but that would be a hell of a job if you have a large collection. Personally, I prefer Jo's approach if I want to find groups of walls or floors. I think you can also make walls and floors invisible in the catalog though I can't remember how it's done off the top of my head.