Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:14 AM
Default What's your sim preference in regards to looks?
Another interesting topic, especially because it can vary so greatly. So basically, do you like for all of your sims to be completely good looking? Or do you like interesting features? Both? Does it depend on the sim?

For me, I guess I'd have to say interesting features are usually the way I go. I mean small quirks that add character. Big ears, funny shaped noses, etc. I love making sims stand out from each other with their own little differences. Do I like to create good looking sims as well? Of course, who doesn't? But unless I have a very specific idea for a sim or their personality, it doesn't happen too often. Good looking sims are fairly easy to create, because they'll always be based on preference. I've found making truly unique sims takes a certain amount of dedication. I suppose though, in the end, that's what makes it so satisfying for me. What do you like for your sims?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 9:36 AM
I like my sims to have realistic features but also a cartoony look to them. Here's two of my most recent ones:

A lot of EA sims have big eyes and perma-smiles, probably in an attempt at being more expressive. But I like to give most of the sims I make a neutral expression, and smaller eyes; also fiddling with the nostril and eyebrow sliders gives surprisingly good results!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Theorist
#3 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 10:55 AM
I do have a handful of good looking females in each town, but the ‘filler’ sims I just randomise their face. And of course if there’s supposed to be distinctive sims, like an angry person, I tweak them accordingly to suit their role.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:34 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 15th Jun 2018 at 12:49 PM.
Same. Realistic but cartoonish. I try to make my Sims look as Maxis Match as possible; I want them to look like they could be vanilla Sims in an alternate timeline where EA knows how to make skintones.
That also means there's a few pudding-like creations running around, but I don't mind them too much. They can be kinda cute. And I think some of them are quite cute. It's no wonder the Sim world is such a peaceful one; everyone is cute.

I've made a few dozen Sims lately for b88 (pinky swears it'll be done tomorrow) so the stylized realism thing keeps coming up.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 2:25 AM
Agree with you, OP. Good-looking sims are nice but unique ones always steal my heart. In general I like youthful and innocent looking sims, with cute appearance. I used to use more makeup in my sims, but now I use a rule for myself: lipstick, blush, eyeliner and eyelash. That's basically it most of the time, and much less for men. I like my sims to look like they are close to bareface. For guys I never give them facial hair until they are middle aged because why?? To me YA's are just bigger teens