Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 3:05 PM
Default Adding to a computer's pie menu
I just had an idea for a new activity sims could do on their computer. I would like it to be available on all computers, including cc ones, and Monique's.
Is there a tutorial for this somewhere?
I need to know how to change what sims see on the screen as well...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 10:00 AM Last edited by Lamare : 7th Apr 2018 at 10:18 AM.
For it to be available on all computers, including cc ones, without you editing each and every one of them, you'd have to overwrite an existing interaction. It might not be a bad idea if new activity is closely related to the initial one, but generally I wouldn't recommend it. There might be things in game that rely on that interaction being what it is.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 10:38 AM Last edited by clsve : 7th Apr 2018 at 6:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I need to know how to change what sims see on the screen as well...

You have to change some textures named in Materal Definintions TXMT found in STR# 0x088 Model Materials. To get an idea take a look at the replacements in this post http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=566694
Changes are made by prim 0x006D Change Material from within BHAVs.
Computer Globals Group 0x7F441294 has all details.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 6:39 PM
Ok. Thank you.
I wonder how Monique did it...
I'd like to add a 3D/meshing/creating(TS2 creator here!!) interaction on the computer. It would give creative skill, just like novel writing. I'd probably use the browse web for...or something similar for the animations.
It would also raise Game enthusiast I supposed, would make sense.
But I do not wish to overwrite the Write Novel interaction. I'll keep digging, as I never attempted anything with TS2 computers before.
As much as I want this new interaction, Monique's computer and both Humble's computer (the game given one and the free in catalogue modded one) are the only ones I ever use, so it would be nice to be able to add this new interaction to those.

just a girl
#5 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 9:15 AM
How much do you know about adding interactions and BHAVs? If not much these tutorials might help:
Making Your First Custom Interaction: http://modthesims.info/t/142907
Making a better interaction - Entries, exits, skills and motives: http://modthesims.info/t/222531
If I were you, I'd copy browsing interaction and use its code as a base, throw away excess things, add skill gain, change texture, etc.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:36 PM
Thank you Lamare. I have the first tutorial you linked, but I didn't have its sequel.
Very helpful, thanks again...good idea.

Alchemist
#7 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:43 PM
I know how to add an item. How can I delete an item? I can delete it in strings, but how do I delete it in functions? I want to clean out items I never use.
just a girl
#8 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I know how to add an item. How can I delete an item? I can delete it in strings, but how do I delete it in functions? I want to clean out items I never use.

You already know where the Add button is in TTAB. There's Delete button right next to it.
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
You already know where the Add button is in TTAB. There's Delete button right next to it.

@Lamare, thanks. My SimPE has a problem with hiding things - image below, just so you don't think I'm a total dweeb. Someone told me, though, in Random Questions about unchecking the boxes to hide the menu items and that will work better, anyway. I'm still working on the display issue.
just a girl
#10 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:04 AM
Yeah, I posted here before I saw that discussion in random questions. I wish I could help, but I have no clue.