Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 8:26 PM
Default (Sub)urban Planning
Just wondering, what kind of lots (with lot assignments for commercial) do you guys include? What mismatches between the assignment and rabbit holes you simmers utilize? Is there anything you take into account when laying down roads and nature stuff like hills and trees when creating a world? Since routing is important in this particular entry of the franchise. How many residential lots are provided in your current game to house sims? How many are there commercial lots? Do you establish two/more or combo rabbitholes under one lot?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 8:28 PM
If I were designing a surb-urban, I would take into account :

Home, shops, (avoid skyscrapers), parks, libraries, a market (maybe), and some other stuff similiar.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 8:36 PM
What about the worlds you already play in? Or If you're using premade/store/downloaded worlds, have you switched out any particular lots tooanother? What lot assignments you don't use?

Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 10:31 PM
I rarely use the public laundry, Stadium and Graveyard. Honestly, i try to make my house as much self-sufficient as possible.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:46 AM
I am a consumer not a creator but the lots I play most are the library and gym. So well designed ones are important to me. But they most creators just use the generic ones from the game. I do understand they have a million other things to do, but it would be nice to see some personality in these. The boxing gym from Jericho is a treasure that finds it's way into any city I play.
Diving lots are a wonderful bonus too, the lovely ones in the New Orleans world have kept me playing that world this week, and I am not usually a city fan.
Good roads are important, everyone needs to get to work on time, no matter where they live.
I would rather a creator just used one or two lots from each pack and then left space for more if we want to add them. I hate starting a game and have 40 bartenders but no neighbors.......but that is just a personal peeve and I am happy to demolish buildings if I need to.
Good luck with your project, creating a world is well above my skill set and I am very very grateful to those who do.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 12:22 PM
I prefer empty and blank worlds like Evermore Falls for playing and would have to get my Riverview makeover finished and playable to have another option for a world.I add the venues in as needed since my founders are alone for at least a few years before other families begin to arrive.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:21 PM
I seem. Do any of you guys prefer using scattered islands over main land ? Do your guys' world(s) use the subway system for transport?

Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 4:59 PM
I'd never use anything with scattered islands and a subway, I'd use a flat and continuous landmass with only roads for transport, though I'd really like to have buses or a tram as well. One of the things I've always thought would be really cool to have in a Sims game is a train station at the edge of a world where you could go with your Sim, and every couple of hours a train would pull up, and you could send your Sim off to another world. Assuming, of course, there are no cheaty free methods of inter-world travel.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#9 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 5:44 PM
As someone who has no experience doing this at all, I would say that it might be workable if you use the train station as another spot to book travel from, along with the phone and the computer.

But it's probably a lot harder than it looks.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook