Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Heliantheas super bland comic eyes (default replacements + non defaults)

by Helianthea Posted 15th Sep 2014 at 2:15 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2014 at 8:36 AM by Helianthea

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:38 PM
I really like these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 6:48 PM
Love them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM
These are great! Thanks. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:02 PM
Very nice. I love the variety. The default eyeshades in the game all looked very similar, but yours all seem unique. So thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM
Excellent, thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:07 PM
Thank you guys Glad you like them!
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:31 PM
Can you download all of them into the game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:03 PM
Yes. If you download all of the files, you should get the replacements for the original eye colors + 21 additional colors with their own swatches.

If for any reason whatsoever that isn't the case in your game, please drop me a note to let me know so I can have a look into it - though I'm pretty sure everything will work as intended or rather I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:44 AM
Great choice of more natural looking colors. Thank you. I especially love the range for blue.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:36 AM
Thank you for these. I've been looking for non-default non-realistic eyes, but they are few are far between. I will definitely use these...thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:17 PM
This is great. I really like the cartoon style of Sims 4, but I thought the default eyes were a bit lacking.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:19 PM
Love them! :D Going in my game asap~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:18 PM
Thank you! Your eyes are the best I've encountered so far :)

This isn't exactly related to your creation, but may I ask how the genetics work with non-default eye colors? Are they inherited the same way as defaults...?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:25 PM Last edited by Helianthea : 16th Sep 2014 at 6:53 PM.
Edit: I'm back home and got to test the genetics in CAS. The whole thing works even weirder than I expected.
Just for clarification: all of my non default browns are made from the fourth default brown swatch, all non default greens from the fourth default green, and so on. Apparently, the game uses this information for genetics, and will thus register all non defaults made from a specific default as "the same" as far as inheritance is concerned.
Here's an example:
If a parent has either - let's say - any non default brown OR the fourth default brown, while the other has the first default blue, the child can inherit all non default browns and the fourth default brown as well as the first default blue.
If a parent has any non default brown OR the fourth default brown, while the other has either any non default blue or the third default blue, the child can inherit all non default browns and blues as well as the fourth default brown and third default blue.
And so on.

Sadly, no If one Sim has defaults and the other has non defaults, the child can have a multitude of possible eyecolors (I'm not completely sure but I'm guessing "all non defaults + the default of the other parent"). Same goes of course for two non defaults. As far as I know, there's no way to bypass that as of yet. Hope there will be in the future.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:32 PM
These look great, Thank you very much for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM
Thanks a lot, eyes like these were exactly what I was looking for!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:40 PM
Loved these eyes! Thank you :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:15 PM
You are my hero. These fit TS4's style perfectly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:20 AM
My new favorite eyes, thanks! These are definitely better than EA's defaults. :)

@ameenah.n.y: I agree with you completely.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:25 AM
Holy love fluffs, your eyes are AMAZING and just what i was looking for!! Great job, and ty sooo much for doing this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:06 PM
Thanks so much for this! I've been trying different eyes over and over, and while there are some really well done ones, they were just too glassy or realistc for the game. These are perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 5:56 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for. I like TS4's concept, but some of the eye colours weren't to my taste and there was no dark blue or hazel. So thank you!
Instructor
#24 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:54 PM
Thanks for this, it's just what I was looking for! I liked the cartoon look of the vanilla eyes, but not the colors they gave us. Hopefully it looks as good in my game as it does in the screenshots here.

Just one question. I see you've fixed the genetics so that the non-default ones are inherited properly. Do you know what happens in sims 4 if you're using a non-default eye color and the mod is removed from your game? Does it corrupt your sim, or will it just pick a default color to revert back to?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:13 AM Last edited by Helianthea : 19th Sep 2014 at 9:36 AM.
EDIT (09/19/2014):
Removing this post seing as it contains the same information as this thread I created on the matter and the wall of text seems really offputting.

Short answer: if you remove any non default eye color (genetics or not), the game will replace it with what I think is a "safety placeholder" (that looks like a brown eyecolor). It's possible, albeit tedious, to remove this safety placeholder in CAS and change it for an actual eyecolor.
Page 1 of 6