Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Heliantheas super bland comic eyes (default replacements + non defaults)

by Helianthea Posted 15th Sep 2014 at 2:15 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2014 at 8:36 AM by Helianthea

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helianthea
That's weird O_o
I just tested in my game, but I didn't have anything of the sort happen there ... Does this happen to you with Shimrods CAS modifier or without it? If it's with, would you mind checking which version of it you have in your folder once you have more free time on your hands? (I tested with the current V2 fyi).
Hope your kid has a speedy recovery!

I have now reach the conclusion that the glitch has to do with the random choice of face made by CAS. The glitch only happens with some faces, and the glitch can be reproduced changing some - again not all - random male sims to female sims. I have not been able to reproduce it the other way around, and I didn't expect to because I noticed that the glitch only happens when the random choice if face made by CAS on female sims are more the face of a male than the face of a female. When the glitch happens I am able to choose undo and make a change of the face myself. This however will only stick if I select one of the female faces first. And yes this was with v2 in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:47 AM
I tried as best as I could to reproduce what you described (game post-patch, CAS modifier installed, ND eyes too, obviously), but my faces haven't changed at all ...
Could I request one more thing, provided you have the time? Would you mind removing all your CC from the mods folder, with the exception of CAs modifier & the eyes, and then test whether the issue still persists?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:14 PM
I tried as best as I could to reproduce what you described (game post-patch, CAS modifier installed, ND eyes too, obviously), but my faces haven't changed at all ...
Could I request one more thing, provided you have the time? Would you mind removing all your CC from the mods folder, with the exception of CAs modifier & the eyes, and then test whether the issue still persists?

Sure I will but it will be with the last patch installed. I went online to see if a repair would make a diference and ended up with the last patch installed.

I will remove my hole TS4 folder and let the program generate a new and then only install your eyes and the CAS modifier mod.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 4:29 PM Last edited by trold123123 : 24th Oct 2014 at 4:56 PM.

So I removed my TS4 folder and let the program generate a new.
With the 100 % vanilla TS4 folder I wasn't able to reproduce the glitch. However now 90 % of new male sims random made in CAS has a beard and a remarkable high procentage of them has a beard that are covering the jaw and mostly also the chin.
With Shimrod's CAS modifier mod added I was able to reproduce the glitch. Simrod's mod didn't reduce the beard-thing, so if I didn't removed the beard I wasn't able to see if - and if so the degree of - the face on the male sim was transfered directly to the female sim when I changed the gender in most cases. Removing the beard is a change that are malespecific and as such it is possible the change could prevent the reproduction of the glitch. Maybe that is the reason that I couldn't reproduce the glitch as often as before I patch and let the game generate a new TS4 folder. The glitch was however possible to reproduce without making any manual change to the random made male sim than changing the gender to female and everytime it happened the female face - especially the jaw and chin - looked directly transfered from the male sim instead of be translated into a female face by the generic system. I do not think that it is Shimrods mod that are causing the glitch. I think that Shimrods mod makes it happen more often and that it does so by fixing other issues. My guess is that the generic system has some issues that were never really solved because they were temp. solved (covered up) and afterwards forgotten in the process of making the program ready for release. If I am right, some fixes will result in glitches until those issues are really solved by the programmers.

Edit:
So I took Shimrod's mod out, cleared cache and added your default eyes. I was not able to reproduce the glitch. So I added your non default eyes. I was not able to reproduce the glitch.

I will add that without Shimrod's mod changing the gender from male to female changes the face a lot more than with Shimrod's mod in. This explains why the glitch appears unable to be reproduced without the mod. I write appears because I did notice that once in a while the change however was almost none, so it is possible that no change also but more rare "once in a while" happens. This is with and without your eyes.

I will also add that besides the beard-ting there seems to be created more male asian sims randomly after the patch than before with and without Shimrods mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:28 PM
I love the fact that you changed the eye color but you left the cartoony feel to them. The colors that came with TS4 were odd but these are beautiful and vibrant!
Thank you Helianthea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#56 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:42 PM
These are my favorite default eyes! Thank you so much for making them, and special extra thanks for making the new colors as well! <3
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:25 PM
So my colour swatches for my eyes are overlapping the eye selection pictures. It's mildly frustrating. Not totally gamebreaking, but still.

Wanted to know if you knew why it's happening, and how to fix it. =) Amazing eyes, though.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:22 AM

I have made a pdf document with pictures of the glitch and some notes for you. If you want it just let me know on my email [email protected] and I will sent it to you,
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:08 AM
Great looking eyes! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:25 AM
@Fuzzlechan how many eye swatches / rows do you have in your game total? I have 9 rows so far and the presets are still showing fine. I consider it possible that after a certain number of rows they might be overlapped, but I wouldn't know of a fix (best thing I can think of is something similar to the scrollable skintones in Sims3, but I have no idea how to do that myself).

@trold123123 sent you a mail Thank you very much for doing this, I really appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:40 PM
@Fuzzlechan how many eye swatches / rows do you have in your game total? I have 9 rows so far and the presets are still showing fine. I consider it possible that after a certain number of rows they might be overlapped, but I wouldn't know of a fix (best thing I can think of is something similar to the scrollable skintones in Sims3, but I have no idea how to do that myself).

@trold123123 sent you a mail Thank you very much for doing this, I really appreciate it.

Sorry about this, but my computer with the documents is out of the house. It will be back again the upcomming weekend. Then I'll mail you. BTW you are wellcome.
Test Subject
#62 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 1:38 PM
I am still trying to figure out which CC need to be 'moved' to the mods folder and which need to be extracted like in Sims3. I thought the package files the could not be extracted (other than the ones that clearly SAY 7zip or rar) were the ones that needed to just be dragged or copy & pasted. This can be extracted AND copy & pasted. Can you give me a better definition of which files have to be extracted and which can only be dragged to the Mods folder? PLEASE??? Thank you and I love these eyes btw!!
Banned
THANKS POST
#63 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 5:10 AM Last edited by leefish : 14th Nov 2014 at 5:16 PM.
Amazing eyes I Wanted to know if you knew why it's happening?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 10:35 AM
@ jacobm - do you mean the jawglitch trold123123 had been mentioning? We've tested it and turns out it's an issue unrelated to the eyes.

@JaeD - not sure if I understand what you mean, so on the off-chance of writing redundant stuff:
* Basically, unless a creator states otherwise, the standard procedure is "extract the rar/7zip file -> c&p the extracted package file into your folder". CC that should be moved in unextracted state are usually game mods afaik.
* Regarding my content specifially (if that's what you've been referring to), the standard procedure applies. When I write "this package contains x, y and z" this is just to list the swatches in the package. The package itself, however, can't be further extracted so that you, for example, would only have "x and y, but not z".
If that wasn't of help, feel free to drop me a PM*
Test Subject
#65 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:03 AM
i can't download it :<
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 12:40 PM
I dunno how..

PLEASE HELP!!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 8:14 PM
Geez that's a lot of reading and techy stuff! Let me reread it and figure out exactly which files to download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 10:41 AM
I've been so unimpressed with the default eye colours. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 5:30 PM
I LOVE this eye set - thank you, thank you! I know it's a matter of taste so I'm not criticizing anyone else's sets, but as soon as I saw yours in-game I deleted all others that I'd downloaded because this is the look I wanted. I'm keeping you bookmarked in case you decide to make more colors, but you've already improved my game so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 6:56 PM
These are great! I loved tamo's eyes for S3 so yours match my taste perfectly :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 1:29 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 2:32 PM
Perfect!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#74 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 10:12 PM
These eyes are so much better than EA's Awesome Job!! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 2:41 AM
<3
Page 3 of 6