Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:35 PM
Default Who wants to loan me some Sims?
You guys probably know by now that I'm doing a series. It's certainly been a challenge so far, to say the least, and one of the bigger challenges I've been faced with recently is related to how everything's scaled. TS3 is a small game that likes small amounts of Sims in small sorts of places. It doesn't like lots bigger than 64x64 meters and households larger than 8 members.

What would really help me out, though, is if I had a good variety of background characters to refer to. I may need up to 30 Sims to create a suitable environment, and right now I have little more than half that.
So I'm just putting it out here, should you have a few Sims you like but don't know what to do with, send them my way. They'll be fed and clothed and I promise I won't kill any of them.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 5:27 PM
Does it matter if they aren't entirely human? I've got some that can pass as human if they hide their ears or other physical oddities and don't do anything "weird" while being watched...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 5:44 PM
Yeah, sure. I may or may not make them humans proper but I suppose having a few supernaturals around is good for variety.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 7:06 PM
Do you need any specific age stages? I can probably boot up my game and give you some of my sims once I get home.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 8:36 PM
Any age besides elders will do fine. Thanks!

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 4:50 PM
Take a look at sims made by littlelambsy here on her Simple Minded Sims Blog. They come with back stories and links for CAS items you might want. I play with almost all of these and have had no problems with them.

There are also residential and community lot downloads available in the download drop down menu.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Take a look at sims made by littlelambsy here on her Simple Minded Sims Blog. They come with back stories and links for CAS items you might want. I play with almost all of these and have had no problems with them.

There are also residential and community lot downloads available in the download drop down menu.

Is the CC on them uploaded as well?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Is the CC on them uploaded as well?

Yes, CC is included unless she specifies otherwise. If you do not want the content you can extract the Sim Package File using the Sims 3 Multi pack Installer and put the sim.package file in your library.
#9 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 8:57 PM
Is that in general, that sims will have their custom content, or just that site?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 1:06 AM Last edited by barbarat : 12th Apr 2018 at 1:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Is that in general, that sims will have their custom content, or just that site?

It depends upon the creator of a sim. Some creators bundle up the custom content and include it in the download. Some creators offer the sim and list the content used with links to download the content.

littlelambsy includes the content in her 3packs. Here is detail for her Sims on the main download page:
Quote:
Please Note: These sims have all been updated with custom content, which is included in the download. All credit for custom content used is given to the creators with links to their stuff, under "Custom Content Used. Any additional custom content that is required, which does not come with the download, is listed under "Requirements" with the links provided.
Custom Content: None of the Custom Content (Hair, Clothing, Makeup etc) are mine, they are all downloaded from various creators

Often, depending on player preference, not having the clothing included is of little consequence. However, make up and sliders (if used) will alter the appearance.

For sims downloaded via 3pack I usually extract out the package file and if the sim does not look the same I go back and get the additional content.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:36 PM
Thanks a bunch! They look good, I'll definitely be able to find a use for them.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 10:20 PM
Both have been added into the game, they look great, and they'll be used where needed.

Unfortunately I'm still a few Sims short. Anyone else?

insert signature here
Site Helper
#15 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 3:27 PM
Considering that he is one of the ones who has gotten so tired of Susan that he's starting to hate her, I don't think it would be a very good idea to encourage him to do anything to her...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:48 PM
Starting?

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:46 PM
Sorry for being not too straightforward,but if you're still lacking sims,i could make you a couple,but I need to know what kind of sliders and multiplier you use ,because I use x7 multiplier and all existing sliders (probably).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 8:04 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 25th Apr 2018 at 8:15 PM.
It would be greatly appreciated @blyneliaivel. Even as I'm continuing to add Sims, I'm still having trouble filling up certain locations.
I'm not fussy about stuff like multipliers and sliders, I'll adapt if needed. Nevertheless, here's the list of sliders I have in my game.

BreastDistance
BreastFullness
BreastVertical
Brow Thickness
Butt Rotate
Butt Shape
Chin to Neck
ChinWidth
Eyebrows Distance
leWing - Hands.hand size
Shoulder Height
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_MoveX
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_MoveY
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_MoveZ
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_RotateX
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_RotateY
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_RotateZ
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_ScaleX
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_ScaleXYZ
aWT_HACK_BONESLIDER_HatGrip_ScaleY

But again, please don't exert yourself trying to make Sims that fit into my game as-is. That ought to be an exercise on my part, not yours. I'm thankful either way.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:20 PM Last edited by chocoberrychoco : 29th Apr 2018 at 7:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
You guys probably know by now that I'm doing a series. It's certainly been a challenge so far, to say the least, and one of the bigger challenges I've been faced with recently is related to how everything's scaled. TS3 is a small game that likes small amounts of Sims in small sorts of places. It doesn't like lots bigger than 64x64 meters and households larger than 8 members.

What would really help me out, though, is if I had a good variety of background characters to refer to. I may need up to 30 Sims to create a suitable environment, and right now I have little more than half that.
So I'm just putting it out here, should you have a few Sims you like but don't know what to do with, send them my way. They'll be fed and clothed and I promise I won't kill any of them.

If you're still looking for sims, I made some today. I made a "rich" family (I cheated them money, exported them and then found out that their money was only enough to buy an okay house) of five members (2 adults, 1 Young Adult, 1 Teen, and 1 Toddler). I also made some roommates (3 Young Adults). I don't know what format you prefer so I have them as some sims3packs and library files. I'm not sure how well the library files work, I think you just gotta plop 'em into your library folder, but it might not work, they're just an alternative to the sims3pack. I can try to find another format if they don't work and you don't wanna use the sims3pack. I'm am using some CC though, although I tried to keep it to a minimum. I'm brntwaffles's eyebrows and I have a default cc skin so if you don't have the skin, it'll just replace it with the defualt you have. Otherwise I don't think there's any CC. I did use all the expansions and stuff packs though, so sorry if you don't have them all. I included the library files, sims3packs, and a photo of them.

edit: I also think I used a few sliders, but not too much.
edit 2: the files were removed so here are some links to mediafire
the family
the roommates
Field Researcher
#20 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 5:14 AM
I would give you some of mine, but they use A LOT of sliders, and cc.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#21 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:51 PM
It's totally cool to share sims! (Because we all love our simmies! ) however when doing this on the forums, please do this either by uploading on here by using the wizard or a 3rd party site, like Simsfileshare, Mediafire, etc.

So attachments have been deleted but do feel free to edit your reply, add the link, and upload them through either of those choices!

All right back to sharing! :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:13 PM
Dammit Lyralei, I was just about to download those

Quote: Originally posted by chocoberrychoco
If you're still looking for sims, I made some today. I made a "rich" family (I cheated them money, exported them and then found out that their money was only enough to buy an okay house) of five members (2 adults, 1 Young Adult, 1 Teen, and 1 Toddler). I also made some roommates (3 Young Adults). I don't know what format you prefer so I have them as some sims3packs and library files. I'm not sure how well the library files work, I think you just gotta plop 'em into your library folder, but it might not work, they're just an alternative to the sims3pack. I can try to find another format if they don't work and you don't wanna use the sims3pack. I'm am using some CC though, although I tried to keep it to a minimum. I'm brntwaffles's eyebrows and I have a default cc skin so if you don't have the skin, it'll just replace it with the defualt you have. Otherwise I don't think there's any CC. I did use all the expansions and stuff packs though, so sorry if you don't have them all. I included the library files, sims3packs, and a photo of them.
edit: I also think I used a few sliders, but not too much.

Great, if you can send me a link I'll get them right into my game.

Quote: Originally posted by tysika
I would give you some of mine, but they use A LOT of sliders, and cc.

That's no problem, I need all the Sims I can get.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Dammit Lyralei, I was just about to download those

Great, if you can send me a link I'll get them right into my game.

That's no problem, I need all the Sims I can get.

Okay, I just made a mediafire account so let me know if anything goes wrong. I'm not too familiar with uploading there.
Here's the family of five and here's the roommates .
Field Researcher
#24 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 10:52 PM
Sims pics are included in the zip, so you can pick and choose. The cc is optional, you can just use your own cc on them instead .

Sliders I use 2x slider on MC:
awt's iris size slider (these require the awt's eyeballl mesh), but it's optional.
Chin to neck

Lizette: The rumored phantom thief. She grew up as an orphan on the streets of Bridgeport. Lizette became an infamous cat burglar who steals from the rich and very occasionally, donates suit cases of simoleons from her steals to local orphanages.

Jada
: Genius mechanist, expelled from Sim's University for experimenting with mechanized weaponry. No one knows where she is or what she is doing at the moment.

Ramiro: Having spent three years in prison for illegally hunting wildlife, Ramiro now lives in Isla Paradiso as a quiet and inconspicuous fisherman.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm5gb7zvy...e_Rami.zip?dl=0
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 11:02 PM
Thanks guys! Adapting these Sims is going to be a fun challenge.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 2