Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 4:41 PM
Default Foreign Visitors (not aliens)
is there a mod where you can have your foreign visitors stay for as long as you want?

i'm using the travelers mod and I want the parents to visit for a while, but they only stay from 9am until around 2pm, and don't even say goodbye or notification that their time to leave is coming soon, they just leave.

is there a mod to make them stay for as long as I want?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 5:08 PM Last edited by igazor : 25th Apr 2018 at 3:01 AM.
NRaas Register controls foreign tourism. You can set the time that foreign sims are allowed to stay in the world on its mod options. As for staying on your active lot as your guests for that long, you will have to invite them to spend the night at least the first night once evening begins approaching or else they will go off and hibernate or do something else within your world. I use Shimrod's Visiting Situations Three Days mod (from the Asylum) so that guests only have to be asked to stay overnight the first time, foreign or otherwise, often until I get tired of them and send them home myself.

Visiting teens and younger may still be subject to curfews. I use NRaas SP to disallow all curfews, as much as possible, during visiting situations like this but still sometimes "catch" visiting children and teens trying to Go Home in the middle of the night when they are perfectly safe right where they were. I am sure there are other mods that can interfere with the curfew system as well.

On the 9am thing, it sounds like you are inviting these sims over to your world by phone. If you use MC's Invite Over (filter to Homeworld), then the invites will appear in your world right away without having a few sim days to think about it and possibly never bother showing up, and they will begin making their way over to your home lot or wherever you invited them from as soon as they materialize.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
NRaas Register controls foreign tourism. You can set the time that foreign sims are allowed to stay in the world on its mod options. As for staying on your active lot as your guests for that long, you will have to invite them to spend the night at least the first night once evening begins approaching or else they will go off and hibernate (or do something else) within your world. I use Shimrod's Visiting Situations Three Days mod (from the Asylum) so that guests only have to be asked to stay overnight the first time, foreign or otherwise, often until I get tired of them send them home myself.

Visiting teens and younger may still be subject to curfews. I use NRaas SP to disallow all curfews, as much as possible, during visiting situations like this but still sometimes "catch" visiting children and teens trying to Go Home in the middle of the night when they are perfectly safe right where they were. I am sure there are other mods that can interfere with the curfew system as well.

On the 9am thing, it sounds like you are inviting these sims over to your world by phone. If you use MC's Invite Over (filter to Homeworld), then the invites will appear in your world right away without having a few sim days to think about it (and possibly never bother showing up) and they will begin making their way over to your home lot or wherever you invited them from as soon as they materialize.

thank you soo much! this really helped! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You can also try bluegenjutsu's "Merchant Work Hours" Adjusted, which includes modifying the hours of tourists of each world, though I do not know if they have it for custom worlds. But it is a nifty mod which allows you to finally set hours for registers, etc... You will need an account at sims naughty asylum, which lately many members are having trouble creating one.

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...r-seasons-eps/&

thank you! this was helpful as well! :lovestruc