Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:07 PM
Default General questions and also some WCIF stuff as well.
So, I was super hype when Sims 4 came out because I had played Sims 3 into the ground. But, upon my first play I was immediately disappointed by the whole design of it. I won't get into it because I'm sure every one has the same complaints, but I just never played it again. Here recently, I'm sidelined by a broken ankle and decided to give it another go, however I have some questions and I'm wondering if people can point me in the direction of answers and some mods that will make my game work for me.

1.) In Sims 3 I had a few different saves which I always played. One of my favorite was my male sim who was essentially a womanizer/player/perennially absent baby daddy. Basically, I used a combination of mods, mostly just that one with all the modules, to force out the elderly and populate the city largely with young adult and adult women. A sort of 80/20 split. Is there a mod that is comprehensive enough to do something like this?

2.) Are we really only allowed to choose 3 traits when creating a Sim or am I missing some type of add more option?

3.) Can you download new cities or whatever because with the set up it's really confusing to me. Like would a new city just be a new place to visit or would it be a completely new set of places to visit?

4.) Is there a mod for less group chats? I'll be talking to a sim with a Queue of interactions and it'll randomly put me in a group chat which as far as I can tell dismisses my interaction queue

5.) If I save my Sim to the gallery do they stay with what I give them? So, for example say one of my sims is super rich and has a lot of max skills, and I save her to the gallery when I load her back in a new game would she keep everything she had?

6.) A mod that lessons the interaction menu? It's so extensive that I have to click through so much stuff to find what I want to do or say. It's cool to have that many options but still kinda sucky when what I want is usually in the back somewhere.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd May 2019 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mswilson2007
So, I was super hype when Sims 4 came out because I had played Sims 3 into the ground. But, upon my first play I was immediately disappointed by the whole design of it. I won't get into it because I'm sure every one has the same complaints, but I just never played it again. Here recently, I'm sidelined by a broken ankle and decided to give it another go, however I have some questions and I'm wondering if people can point me in the direction of answers and some mods that will make my game work for me.

1.) In Sims 3 I had a few different saves which I always played. One of my favorite was my male sim who was essentially a womanizer/player/perennially absent baby daddy. Basically, I used a combination of mods, mostly just that one with all the modules, to force out the elderly and populate the city largely with young adult and adult women. A sort of 80/20 split. Is there a mod that is comprehensive enough to do something like this?

2.) Are we really only allowed to choose 3 traits when creating a Sim or am I missing some type of add more option?

3.) Can you download new cities or whatever because with the set up it's really confusing to me. Like would a new city just be a new place to visit or would it be a completely new set of places to visit?

4.) Is there a mod for less group chats? I'll be talking to a sim with a Queue of interactions and it'll randomly put me in a group chat which as far as I can tell dismisses my interaction queue

5.) If I save my Sim to the gallery do they stay with what I give them? So, for example say one of my sims is super rich and has a lot of max skills, and I save her to the gallery when I load her back in a new game would she keep everything she had?

6.) A mod that lessons the interaction menu? It's so extensive that I have to click through so much stuff to find what I want to do or say. It's cool to have that many options but still kinda sucky when what I want is usually in the back somewhere.

1) You can do that with MCCC Population module https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases
MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Percent Male (the female percent will be set according to this setting), same for adults/children/babies etc.

2) Yes, but you can have more by winning reward traits, from completing aspirations, or buying them using aspiration points.
you can also use a mod for that cause if you want: http://modthesims.info/d/591706/mor...r-sims-mod.html

3) Nope, there is no CAW for TS4, so no CC worlds to download. there are a few worlds, depends on how many packs you've got, as some came with a world. the biggest world we've got is Windenberg that came with Get Together.

5) I believe it does save the sim with all of their skills, career, money etc, yes.

6) You can change the menu to only show the main sub menus instead of having it to show the interactions that the game thinks are fitting for the current situation first. it's somewhere in the game options.
and something I've learned just recently after years of playing, apparently the interactions in the menu are in alphabetical order, if that helps.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 24th May 2019 at 11:56 AM
To clarify of #5, they'll keep their skills and careers, including job level, but not their money. If they're a family, they retain their relationships but have amnesia over what their spouse and children do or think. It's always a joy when the husband asks his wife if she's single.

Oh, they also lose everything in their personal or household inventory.