Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 8:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Installed Sims3Packs not showing up in-game
This morning I got this error while loading TS3.

However it was alright after re-loading the game. I noticed that some of my Sims3Packs were missing from the game so I re-installed them in the launcher.

Even after installing them "successfully", they aren't appearing in-game.

I have game version 1.67.2.024002
Screenshots
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 9:07 AM
Don't know how to fix your launcher issues but this program may be able to help you convert some sims3packs to package files: http://www.modthesims.info/d/364038...-sept-2009.html . This is not a replacement for the launcher and may not work on some sims3packs. The cc you have may also have issues or might be under a different category than expected.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 9:20 AM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 5th Sep 2019 at 9:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Don't know how to fix your launcher issues but this program may be able to help you convert some sims3packs to package files: http://www.modthesims.info/d/364038...-sept-2009.html . This is not a replacement for the launcher and may not work on some sims3packs. The cc you have may also have issues or might be under a different category than expected.

Unfortunately the game crashed after doing this, just as my world loaded.

EDIT: It worked after I converted only the CC I needed, thanks.

IMPORTANT: Will this work for Sims that I intend to upload? I have a Sim that requires these converted Sims3Pack files that I plan on uploading. They won't be packaged with the Sim, just linked to the download.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 7:53 AM
I'm not sure I am comprehending your question. These are guidelines for uploading a sim: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nes/Sims_3_Sims . You say you are planning to upload a sim packaged without this content that requires it to appear I guess as it will be seen in the pictures you upload along with it if I am understanding you correctly. If this scenario is what you mean, I think you would only need to provide links and credit the creators of the content. You could provide the link to Mult-Extractor program(make sure to credit Tashiketh) in your description as well if you wanted to give uploaders helpful program for converting the sims3packs you got from other creators to package files.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 8:07 AM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 14th Sep 2019 at 8:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I'm not sure I am comprehending your question. These are guidelines for uploading a sim: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nes/Sims_3_Sims . You say you are planning to upload a sim packaged without this content that requires it to appear I guess as it will be seen in the pictures you upload along with it if I am understanding you correctly. If this scenario is what you mean, I think you would only need to provide links and credit the creators of the content. You could provide the link to Mult-Extractor program(make sure to credit Tashiketh) in your description as well if you wanted to give uploaders helpful program for converting the sims3packs you got from other creators to package files.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've been working on this sim for over a week now so it would be a shame if I had to start over because I had to convert some Sims3Pack files.

Update: It works for some things but not others. I tried converting some CC by Cyclonesue but only some of it showed up in-game. As you can imagine this is a pain for someone like me who uses a fair bit of CC in their uploads.