Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 7:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Consistent crashing
My game keeps crashing, any advice? But I don't get a message that says "the sims 3 has stopped working", I just get to the second loading screen and then halfway through it just crashes. I'm able to use the sims, (I'm using uni right now), have my sims finish their graduation, send them back, but it crashes during the loading screen while they're going back. Literally 10 minutes ago it was fine, I was just having them return back home but the loading screen was taking over 20 minutes so I restarted the game and now it's crashing.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
If you can't get back and it crashes during the loading screen, it usually means your homeworld NHD is damaged when you left. It is always recommended to do a manual save before traveling so you have a backup.

Unfortunately I don't have a manual safe of the homeworld since I already saved it when I was at uni. What do I now?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iciloo12
Unfortunately I don't have a manual safe of the homeworld since I already saved it when I was at uni. What do I now?

Just as a word of warning from someone who's been playing the Sims for 2 decades, you need to save frequently, and you need to rename your saves so that you will always have 1-2 saves that are (hopefully) usable.

For example, I might have a World, World1 and World2 save. The next time I save, I will simply overwrite the World save and start over. That way, I always have 3 saves to work from. It muddies the Menu a bit - if you don't like seeing 3 copies of the same world, you can add .backup to those older files after you exit the game. However, if you do that, you'll have to remember to go back in and delete them as you play forward.

Hope you're able to resolve it. I know the frustration of constantly having to start over!
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 4:13 AM
I don’t ever overwrite saves, it can eventually cause issues. I just move older saves into a folder I keep for each world. Like I have a Sunset Valley folder, where I have a folder for the savedsims for the sims from that world that I tweaked and new ones for that world, library folder for all the lots I made for the world with the families saved in their homes, and one for the saves while I play. I usually go through about once a week and trim down the saves.