Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 1:02 AM Last edited by madamebellanova : 17th Jan 2019 at 1:45 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Lot Won't Install; 0 Bytes?
I have been attempting to install a custom lot (specifically, this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=618817 ) and I am unable to do so. When I extract the file from the zip folder, I receive the following diagnostic messages.

! C:\Users\Katt\Desktop\MTS_pancake101_1801050_TricksNTreats.7z: Unknown method in Tricks N' Treats.Sims3Pack
! C:\Users\Katt\Desktop\MTS_pancake101_1801050_TricksNTreats.7z: Error - operation failed

The file, once extracted, says it has zero bytes, even though it should have 2.26 megabytes. Furthermore, double-clicking the file does nothing, and if I move the file to my downloads folder, it appears in the downloads tab of the launcher, but with no name or image, and again, reading as zero bytes. I can check it, but the "install" button does not light up or allow me to click it.

For the record, I have the latest patch installed for TS3, I have all expansion packs except for Into the Future, and the only stuff pack I have is High-End Loft Stuff. Any help you can give me will be most appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
1) check the size of the zip file, did you download it completely? or was there an interruption? redownload the file

2) if it still doesn't work, your zip program is outdated. try updating.

1) I've tried redownloading the file twice before making this post. No dice.

2) I doubt it's a problem with my zip program. Other files from this site, including lots, work just fine. I'll try updating anyway, in case I'm wrong.

EDIT: Updating WinRAR worked. Thank you so much! :D