Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:42 AM
Default Merge .dbc files
Hello,
I installed a lot of sims3packs, but later also I deleted many items in the launcher. In result I have a lot of small .dbc files in my DCCache foler. Is there a way to merge them into some big ones? I only know how to do this with .packages.

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 3:14 PM
The only way I know of would be to remove all the dbc files from the folder and then reinstall the sims3packs you want to keep.
Someone else might have a better idea.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The only way I know of would be to remove all the dbc files from the folder and then reinstall the sims3packs you want to keep.
Someone else might have a better idea.

The problem is sims3pack files are sets, so if I want 3 items from it I need to instal for example 10 others... And uninstall the rest so I will get the same result...
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 6:59 AM
Or you could turn the sims3packs into packages and only put in what you want. You can extract them with Delphy's multi extractor
http://modthesims.info/d/364038/del...-sept-2009.html , then just keep what you want as packages.
Site Helper
#5 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:30 PM
Just note that the package version and the sims3pack version are not the same thing as far as the game is concerned. Anybody or anything that was using the sims3pack version will no longer have it if you remove it and install it as a package. You will need to manually go in and fix that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook